“Seafood at its freshest”
Review of Hooked Up Seafood

Hooked Up Seafood
Ranked #20 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Fantastic little outdoor seafood eatery. A little hidden wonder. Their own boat the defiance goes out weekly , 100 miles plus offshore to catch a boatload of the most wonderful fish.
They essentially cook what they catch. It is a limited menu but it is all fantastic.
The best fried( TRUELY lightly) flounder I have ever had. home made clam chowder
Great fish tacos. Sautéed fish , great steamers, fresh crabs. TRUELY homemade onion rings
Only 6 picnic tables right on the water where the defiance docks, if your lucky the will be there and enjoys talking about his trips. A totally family affair as it is family run including the cooks

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I decided to take my boyfriend to Wildwood for the 4th of July weekend and was looking for a place he could get crab and sit outside. This place was amazing they were friendly, had great seafood and eating outside near the water was the best. I do not like seafood and I ate their crab cake it was so fresh and tasted like something else. I can not wait to come back and eat here again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Have been to Hooked Up several times. If you like fish tacos, get them here. The freshest fish tacos I've ever had. The women preparing the food could not be more pleasant. A gem on your way into Wildwood just before the bridge.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have driven by here dozens of times and always said to myself I want to try their fish tacos. Today I finally stopped in and I regret not trying it sooner. The fish tacos were better than I was hoping. My wife had the battered flounder platter. It was very fresh. The batter and fish was light and fluffy. Very fresh tasting. I know I'm going to be stopping in much more now!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I had passed by Hooked Up Seafood many, many times - without as much as a glance! They are located on a causeway into a very well know seashore resort (Wildwood, NJ). It is easy to get in and out of. It is not a fancy eatery...don't put on your best clothes! The "eat in" is at wooden picnic tables with umbrellas overlooking the fishing boats. It is peaceful. Once you order and pay...have a seat...they deliver your food to you! The menu is limited...seafood with a hot dog thrown in! There is a selection of bottled water and soft drinks. On the day we were there they were offering a sample of stone crab claw. It was delicious! We ordered the fried shrimp platter. You got six shrimp, French fries and cole slaw. The shrimp were large and quite tasty! It didn't have a lot of breading like you get in other seafood restaurants in the area! The fries were very good. There were about 5 full tables besides us when we were there. Some had the fish tacos; others were enjoying the steamed clam and peel-your-own-shrimp. I would like to go back and try the crab cakes. Our platters were $18.95 - higher than their competitors - but much better tasting! They will package it to go for you. The workers were all very friendly and courteous. There is an outside wash sink to clean up before or after your meal - which is a real positive - after eating seafood. I believe the restrooms are blue boxes on the side of the road (port-a-potties). This is a nice gem along the side of the road. Not crowded and fast service! We will definitely be returning! Thank you to Captain Bright for going out fishing and selling/serving fresh seafood!

1  Thank jucahaNewJersey