“Mini Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 16 Wildwood B&B and Inns
Drexel Hill
“Mini Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've been going to the Alton for the past two years and have never been disappointed! We usually take kids, and we have a great time. The owners are awesome and very accommdating and the staff is very helpful. The rooms are clean, the pool area is fun and It's close to the boardwalk, with restaurants and bars close by.

Room Tip: If you have a family or more than 4 people staying with you, the 3rd floor Suite is awesome.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harry W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hunlo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I gave this place a poor review because when we went to check in there was no parking available.They told me that there were only 10 spots and that I would have to park our car 2 blocks down and 2 blocks over. They asked if that would be a problem for me and I said maybe. I was then told that if I didn't like it they would refund my money and I could leave. The man was very rude about this, and during the whole check-in. Our room was dated and not very clean. The floors were tile and dirty. The bed sheets were stained and the comforters were dirty. The bathroom sink was rusty, the tub was slow to drain to where you could only take a 4 minute shower or it would overflow, there was mold in the grout, and the outlet by the sink was loose to where it only worked if wiggled. I had to style my hair in a compact mirror due to no outlet by a mirror in room. The bedside lamp was the only light in room and the switch on that had to be wiggled to work. After getting a rude welcome I didn't even report any of this because I figured that they didn't even care, and we were only staying 2 nights. They made us wear a wristband to show we were staying on property. They said that they have a big deck(which was on the roof), but it was roped off. The pool was small but nice, and they had a few tables and chairs around it. This was probably the nicest thing. There were 2 girls that worked at night and they were very nice. They chatted with the other guests and were very helpful with finding things in the area. Even though this was a last minute trip, I will not come back.

Room Tip: It was full on a Saturday. We had a room by pool and it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KD3377
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The location and additional parking are a plus.

We have come the past 3 years from western New York and look forward to many more. We feel very safe staying here and having a restaurant on the premises that opens early
as I wake u as I wake up early bu all like to s all like to sleep in.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank stevecsapo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for Beach Blast on the second floor of the hotel there was tile on the floor in the room which was a huge plus no stinky must be smelly carpet! The staff was very courteous and accommodating It was a hop skip and a jump from the boardwalk And there was a close bar restaurant right at the corner called tu kers which had excellent food and drink the only downfall to the hotel is they only give you one key to the room they have a great little restaurant attached to the motel which had a nice cheap breakfast would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bmitc
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading all the recent reviews, we thought let's give this motel a shot. It's VERY small but cute, the outside needs lots of attention (it looks very dated and some repairs need to be done). Parking is awful, 10 spots and if you don't get one you have to park 4 blocks away (2 blocks up and 2 over). Then had to go through the hassle of payment since the girl who took my reservation added my son as a paying guest. That was easy to fix though.
The room - was awful, ants on the countertops, sheets were dirty, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the bathroom had mold and the sink wouldn't stop running and it was dirty. They had a piece of paper telling us the toilet bowl had been cleaned... Not really since there was dried pee all over the seat and I ended up cleaning it. I wouldn't even walk around the room with no shoes, either socks or flip flops had to warn at all times. We just slept there and didn't hang out in the room at all. The pool was nice, a bit cloudy which means it needed shock. But it wasn't the worst experence ever, just not up to date and need a new cleaning service. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mommy2CJ
Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

We arrived early- 3 hours before check in and they were able to get us into our rooms right away. The location is very convenient. We easily walked to the boardwalk, restaurants and bars. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and absolutely affordable. If in the future I need a hotel/motel in Wildwood, the Alton Motel will be the place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew L
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have spent several trips at the Alton. We were really please with the pool area, very suitable for the size of Motel. The staff of the Motel were extremely friendly & accomodiating to our needs. The location is close to the boardwalk and many of the local resturants.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends