“Great location, great staff, great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquarius Motor Inn

Aquarius Motor Inn
Ranked #31 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“Great location, great staff, great place!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the Aquarius for the first time this Labor Day weekend. Our room on the 4th floor had fantastic views of the ocean, the "Wildwoods" sign, and the boardwalk...along with the comforting sounds of "watch the tramcar, please" :). The room was clean and spacious, and with the full glass panels, you can sit at your dining table and watch the waves! The pool was clean and heated and there is also a nice deck on the 2nd floor with additional lounge chairs, tables and barbeque grills. The free ice is a nice feature to pack your beach cooler each day. The location of the Aquarius is top notch. Not only is it directly across the street from the beach (separated only by a shallow parking lot), but it is so close to the boardwalk and piers, top eateries, public parks and all sorts of other entertainment. The staff was so nice and helpful, from our first phone call to book the room, through all the late-night questions about the history of the Aquarius, the sign out front and everything in between. We definitely will be back. Thanks so much from room 407!

Room Tip: Pick a room higher up for a more expansive view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen B
Annette M, Owner at Aquarius Motor Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I know it's been a while, Stephen, but I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Labor Day weekend is always a fun time in Wildwood, so it's great to hear you got to enjoy it with us. Sounds like you got a chance to really take advantage of everything we offer -- but nothing beats that view, right? I hope you'll get a chance to stay with us again next time you need a little vacation. It would be our pleasure to make sure you have an equally great stay with us again!

Annette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family and I decided to go to Wildwood for a vacation but did not have a reservation at a motel. We wanted a motel that was ocean front and in a great location. We figured we would go near the Wildwood sign since that is right near the convention center and in the center of Wildwood near all of the rides and attractions. Once we got there we saw the Aquarius. It is right across the street from the boardwalk and beach. It is also right near the convention center and all of the rides. So we decided to book a room there. The motel is absolutely spectacular. The rooms are very clean and all ocean front. One of the greatest parts of this motel is the pool area. The pool is crystal clear, warm and obviously clean. I still can’t get over how amazing the location is. We never used the car once during the vacation; everything you could possibly ever need is in walking distance. If you are looking for fantastic location and a clean motel you can’t go wrong with the Aquarius Motor Inn.

2 Thank Bob G
Annette M, Owner at Aquarius Motor Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Sorry for taking so long to respond, Bob, but I'm so glad you had a great stay with us! Sounds like you got a chance to experience a lot of what Wildwood has to offer -- but nothing beats that ocean view, right? It's great to hear that we could make your time at the shore that much better. Hope to see you again soon next time you need a little vacation!

Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My in laws used to stay at this motel almost every year for the past 5 years and highly recommended it. We originally booked 3 nights Thursday-Saturday for 6 people (including my in laws) the rate nightly was 209+tax, but had to change it because 4 people canceled from our family. , I spoke to the owner Annette on Sunday and she changed our booking to a suite because she didn't have a motel room, but the rate was 169+tax, so I told her me and my husband can only afford to do 2 night at this point (Friday to Saturday). So she raised our price to 209 since we canceled a night, I had no problem with that. ON Thursday night I get a call at 10 pm informing us that Aquarius is waiting for our arrival!!.It turns out Annette never changed our booking, I worked it out with her Friday morning, and it ended up that my in laws came with us after all, and we still had out original apartment.(so it worked out but she still raised our price again to 229, again we had no problem with it) Our experience in the apartment was great it was clean and maid service was very good. Sunday we had to check out at 11 am so we asked if we can have a late check out, they said no but they gave us 2 options:
1- pay 50 dollars and get another room and stay there til 7 pm or
2- stay on the premises and use the pool, and the outdoors bathroom and grill area,
We decided to save the 50 and just stay around and use the outdoors premises till the evening. At 2:30 pm Annette comes up to my in laws who were starting to heat up our already cooked burgers on the grill and asks for them to move the cars, we said sure. Then 15 minutes later she comes up to them and says: " this is enough!! you have done too much, you shortened me a night and now this staying around till this time" (and then she points at her watch). Me and my mother in law told her you and John specifically told us after check out that we are welcome to use the premises.... I think this is enough to depict the rudeness we experienced by the owner basically telling us to leave...
Any other respectable motel allows it's guests to use the premises ( pool, grills, tanning decks) after room check out until closing. We were very disappointed by this disrespectful treatment, and we have decided never to come back there again.

2 Thank Erinee I
Annette M, Owner at Aquarius Motor Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I know it's been a while, but I wanted to reach out and say I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with us, Erinee. It sounds like a series of miscommunications led to a not-so-great experience for you and your family. First, I apologize for the confusion with changing your booking. It sounds like something didn't go through on our end. Thank you for your patience with rate and room changes while we got the situation sorted out. I'm glad to hear that, in the end, you enjoyed your room.

With regards to the late check-out, I'm sorry about the way that was handled. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people coming in and out every day so it's important that we have enough space and parking spots for the guests who are just arriving. There must have been a misunderstanding about how long you were planning to stay at the motel after check-out, but that shouldn't mean being disrespected.

I regret that we weren't able to end your stay on a better note, but I hope you will give us another chance to show you how pleasant and peaceful a stay with us can be.

lake hiawatha
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I could only stay two nights, but they were the best experience I had at any hotels in Wildwood. Very simple its a family owned, My room was ready when I arrived. at 12:30 PM. The rooms were cleaned the pool was crystal clear, and the staff was very accommadating.Since I walk with a cane they call the beach patrol to pick me up and brought me back to the boardwalk from the water. that is great service and knowing your guest needs. the bath was equipped with handicap bars. I recommend the Aquarius to anyone who had any negative experience elsewhere. I have been in Wildwood before, but no one informed me of the beach patrol to pick you up at the boardwalk. Its along walk from the board to the water.

Room Tip: ask for special needs when you make youe reservation
NE PA
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our family (two rooms) enjoyed our stay at the Aquarius 8-11 to 8-17-13. We come back year after year because:
1. Great location and reasonable price
2. All rooms are ocean front, comfortably configured for our needs and are clean
3. The owners are very conscientious, friendly and do their best to maintain the property and assist their customers. They are consistently updating and improving, and are aware of "what is going on" as they are onsite.
4. WARM immaculately kept swimming pool
5. Kitchenette with FULL size fridge, coffeemaker, toaster, two burner range top and microwave (including storage, essential pans, dishes and cutlery)
6. Elevator to help you bring luggage up on move in and down on check out!
7. The retro ambiance and "tropical" furnishings.
Thanks for another great stay - Can't wait till next summer!

Room Tip: FYI Friday night fireworks can be viewed if you stay on the fourth floor or from the raised patio!
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Got place on very short notice for 8 people, room is very specious, large full kitchen, it is very out dated, needs new floor, would love no carpet, furniture is very old, but it was very clean, great location across from beach broad walk, good service would stay again for longer if it was just a little updated.

1 Thank Antonio M
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My family and I stayed at the Aquarius Motor Inn during the first week of August. I have stayed at many different motels in Wildwood and I have never found a motel that fostered such a family friendly and happy atmosphere that I found at the Aquarius. The location of this motel is absolutely spectacular. It is right across the street from the beach and boardwalk and is very close to the convention center at the quiet side of the boardwalk. What I most enjoyed was the view from our room on the fourth floor. Our room, like all other rooms, was oceanfront with a great view of the ocean. The pool area is very well kept and the pool is crystal clear and very clean. I enjoyed coming back from the beach to a clean and warm pool that myself and my family loved. I can't wait to come back next year for another great stay at the Aquarius Motor Inn.

1 Thank Michael M