“The best stay on the island without question!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Voyageur Motel

Le Voyageur Motel
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Tampa, Florida
“The best stay on the island without question!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

If you stay anywhere else you will miss out on a real hidden gem in Wildwoood! The owners Grace and Dennis went way above and beyond when it came to accommodating our business needs (and are terrific people too!) and the motel is absolutely spotless! It is perfect for either leisure or business stay as the motel is centrally located and within walking distance (two blocks!) of the Boardwalk. Everything about our 4 night stay was pleasant, from check in, to coffee with Dennis and the other patrons, to evenings on the roof deck with a glass of wine and good company! Hate to rate this motel so highly as I would like it to stay a secret so I can always get a room, but it really is probably the nicest place to stay on the island. I could go on and on, but to sum it all up, outstanding owners, immaculate facility, comfortable and well appointed rooms, and best of all (in my opinion) QUITE! No loud parties, drunk kids, or motorcycle gangs! Going back the end of this month (May) and will stay there again and any other time I am in Wildwood!

Room Tip: Enjoy coffee in the mornings with Dennis!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Abitaturbo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Expect great hosts in Dennis and Grace- coming to this motel was like visiting friends! Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The pool was sparkling and warm. The morning coffee was fresh and hot! The other guests at the motel were friendly and fun! All this, and it was in close proximity to the beach and boardwalk! A great weekend away from home, but with all the comforts of home!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Elkonoh
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

How to sum up Le Voyageur in a few words?? Welcoming! Spotless! Convenient!
We chose Le Voyageur months in advance of a weekend in Wildwood, and from our first phone contact with Grace and Dennis we knew we had made connection with special people! We arrived in Wildwood and were welcomed with open arms, as if being invited into their own home! The pride Grace and Dennis take in Le Voyageur is evident in every aspect......the rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean, and every accomodation you might desire has been considered........from an extremely inviting pool and sundeck, to a deck with comfortable tables and a grill, to wonderful music playing softly about the grounds, to hot coffee, tea and hot chocolate awaiting you each morning in the hospitality room, to suggestions for events and restaurants, your stay like ours would not be better anywhere! Thank you Grace and Dennis

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyTraveler201186
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

Have been coming here for that last 20 years with the Don Bosco Columbiettes. We have the best times here. The staff and owners are just wonderful! Hope to see YOU here soon.

• Stayed October 2010
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

My family had a wonderful girls trip in Wildwood and stayed at Le Voyageur. Dennis and Grace are amazing. They answered any questions we had with a kind smile and had wonderful suggestions for where to eat and what to do for fun. The Motel is a five to ten minute walk to the amazing beach and boardwalk. We had a wonderful time lounging on the beach and strolling the boardwalk. The two room efficiency suite was fully equipped with dishes, a fridge and two TV's. There is even a balcony grill available for guest use. The beds were not incredibly comfortable, but the room was clean and the value is unbeatable. The pool is great when you get tired of the salty, cold ocean. My family had a wonderful time and definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank heather_myers
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed here over labor day with my 2 children after booking a differnt motel that was dirty and gross so I left there and came here. I stayed here in the past and it never disapoints (should have went here from the beginning). From now on when in Wildwood I will stay here. Rooms are clean your hosts are very friendly. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone with a family. They also go out of thier way to help you in anyway and they were always cleaning around the pool, the rooms, the windows outside. They take pride n thier motel which is something I dont see much in Wildwood.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hunternhailey
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

First I would like to thank Grace and Dennis are two absolutely wonderful people.

I had called in the spring to inquire about the Le Voyageur as it was rated so higly here on Trip Advisor and was lucky enough to speak with Grace. After pestering her with dozens of questions on multiple phone calls she seemed to get the hint that I really wasn't looking for a hotel but more of a house setting. Grace informed me that for just a few dollars more per night I could have the house beside the property. Score one for Grace. Grace sent me all the pictures of the house within 20 mins of my request.
When I went up to the desk and said that I was due to check-in today, Grace immediately knew who I was and said "You must be Rick." This was only the beginning of the personal attention that Grace and Dennis provide. Each morning Dennis opened up the umbrella in the backyard and wiped down the front and back lawn chairs and each night would close down the backyard. They even cleaned the grill when we finished cooking on it. The house was cleaned spotless each and every day and I have to tell you I would eat off the floors in that house. Grace offered suggestions for breakfast, dinner and mini-golf. The guests all seemed to be regulars. Each guest that I spoke to has been coming to the property for years. And now I know why. Even upon checkout 10am, Grace and Dennis allowed the family to hang out poolside until 4pm and leave our car parked in the lot. This was especially great because we were able to enjoy a karaoke show by a couple of guys that were some truely unique performers. They had a blast, to say the least.
I would recommend this property to anyone visiting the jersey shore. It was a very laid back motel minus the party scene which was great to have.

Thank you Grace and Dennis for providing me and my family with 1st class accomodations for our seaside vacation.
Rick and Jenn