“Not all that, and VERY far hike to the ocean!!!!!! (if you have kids, read this)...”
Review of Le Voyageur Motel

Le Voyageur Motel
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Woodstock, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed here strictly because of the great reviews, either the hotel owners have a huge family or these review writers haven't really traveled much. Yes the place is very clean, they do try to take care of any issues should you have any, the owner does watch everything. That being said, this place is about a block away from the board walk and a very, very long walk to the actual beach, the water (ocean) is several hundred feet from the boardwalk meaning if you have chairs, coolers or children with "stuff" you will be carting it a very long way through sand or on the wood they set up for you to lug your stuff on (about 3 football fields?) or more!. If you stay more north at one of the many, many hotel/motels up that way you will be much happier. We drove up there and priced places there and they were cheaper or about the same, the beach is not even a football field away up there . If just one of the previous reviews had said the beach was this far from the boardwalk we would have not wasted our money here but paid just as much or less to be closer to the water, hence, making life a lot easier! We didn't go to the "beach" because the the motel owners were nice, we went for vacation. I will do more then trip advisor research next time. I hope I saved just one "mom" the extra work on her vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Burnie17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I went with my family for a NAGA Battle of the Beach competition. My daughter was a competitor. She had vistors (her coaches) who came 3 times for prep and after tournament evalution. You are not permitted any visitors (There are 3 signs and its on the checkin form). They may take showers and use towels. On top of that her visitors kept using the reserved parking area - bad form by them. Dennis complained to me about this the 2 days we were there and confronted the visitors, but did show restraint by not towing their car. In the end I paid $20 extra for them - Dennis was positive they took showers. Dennis knew exactly when the visitors arrived and left even though the office was closed later at night. Dennis told me a story how some couple had tried to sneak an adult into their room without paying. He confronted them and told them to pay extra or get out (He would refund their money less $50 for his aggrevation). So obey his rules (which to be fair are common in Wildwood) - he knows exactly what everyone is doing in his motel. I stayed in a 2 room "B" unit. Only the back room was air conditioned, the other had a ceiling fan. The motel is spotless and the pool is perfect. You can not book a room via the internet, you must call and talk to Dennis or his wife. He will want to know why you are coming and exactly who (names). You will mail a check - no credit cards until you get there and even then Dennis discourages it. Obey the rulles and you will enjoy your time there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank NewEagle99
USA
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Le Voyageur on a Friday and Saturday night. The motel was very nice. The owners were very kind and gave me a bunch of coupons and restaurant recommendations. The rooms were nicely placed with a view of the pool and each had chairs out in front of the door so that we could sit out at night. The room itself was nice and clean. The only complaint was there was no air conditioner in the front room, only the back and it did not produce enough air to reach the front room. The ceiling fan in the front room did help though. There was also a nice table in the front room where we could sit and eat. The hotel was two blocks from the boardwalk. Having stayed at other motels in Wildwood, this was one of our favorites and we will be returning.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hisankles
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I stayed at this motel based on the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. I was worried about how real they were. I stayed at Le Voyageur with my wife and kids and was very impressed. One thing I worry about when staying at a family motel in Wildwood is that the owners will somehow ruin your stay, the owners at Le Voyageur were great. They kept the place very clean, the pool was spotless and warm, they were about as nice as you can get. I like things clean and this hotel from top to bottom was spotless. Also the rates were very affordable. For now on whenever I visite Wildwood I will stay at Le Voyageur.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I found Le Voyageur through Trip Advisor and decided to stay because of the reviews from others and their #1 rating. This motel is rated #1 and rightly so. From the time I called and made reservations, spoke personally with one of the owners, Grace, I knew that I had made the right choice. Please trust and believe the previous reviews about the cleanliness, friendliness, convenience, closeness to the boardwalk and the personable owners Grace and Dennis, because they are true. The pictures on their website are accurate from the pool to the rooms. The furnishings are a little dated, but very well kept and comfortable. I really had the feeling that I was staying with loving family members and you wanted to keep their rooms just right for the next time that you came to visit.

To sum it up, if you are looking for an affordable, clean, comfortable, friendly, family orienated place to stay, then this would be your place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My boyfriend and I went to Wildwood for Memorial Day Weekend and while most hotels there were charging exorbitant amounts for the weekend, Le Voyageur was VERY reasonable. The rooms were extremely clean and tidy. The pool was crystal clear and warm. They had a bbq one day with hot dogs, sausage, and the works. The hosts, Grace and Dennis, are amazing hosts and made our stay so nice. We were only about a block from the boardwalk, which was perfect, so we didn't have to pay for parking. The products in the bathroom are not what you normally find in Wildwood hotels- they were higher end products. Again, the price we paid was amazing for the experience we had. HIGHLY recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed 26 May 2009

The hotel is located in perfect area. Very close to the boardwalk, walking distance to restaurants and stores.

I love the heated pool and the fun music with BBQ! My kids loved it!

This place is very family oriented and you can bet that you will not see loud teenagers and college kids running around all hours of the night. My kids made life long friends by meeting other little children there. Everyone was friendly and that added to the whole experience!

We stayed in a 2 rm efficiency on the 1st floor and that worked out perfectly for us. With multiple kids and many luggage, stairs was not our option! Grace ensured we were taken care of! I can not speak highly enough for Grace and Denis. You can see that they work really hard to maintain their property and take pride in their motel. Their staff was also very helpful and friendly!

We will definitely go back. I am hoping for the 4th of July. :)

Recommendations:
Breakfast: Uncle Bill's Pancake house or Keywest Cafe (1 block away)
Dinner: Uries Seafood, Boathouse, or take a ride to Cape May to The Lobster House.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family