“Family run, family oriented”
Review of Le Voyageur Motel

Le Voyageur Motel
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My wife and I have been staying at the LeVoyageur Motel for many years. I have been attending the Wildwood car show in September for quite a while and see the same people staying here year after year. Dennis and Grace know everyone that stays here by first name from the first day of your stay. Coffee is free every morning, rooms are immaculate, and the general appearance of the premises will not dissapoint. I have also spent time here with my entire family in the summertime along with friends and other family members and we all keep coming back. The staff is friendly,courteous ,and very efficient at their jobs. The area has quite a few restaurants that will leave you very happy after the dining experience , and Dennis and Grace do know all the best places to frequent. Have stayed there, and will continue staying at the LeVoyageur for as long as they run this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel Labor day weekend. The owner of the place was friendly. The room was clean.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I chose this motel based on reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm glad I did. The motel is very clean. The pool was great, although I found it a bit too warm (mid 80's). I loved the BBQ. I loved the outdoor shower. I loved the bed. I loved the sheets. I loved the towels. Did I mention the motel was really clean?
However I find paying $160 per night is too much for a motel, but this is Wildwood and that seems to be the going rate so might as well get a nice one -- some of the motels in the area didn’t seem half as nice and cost almost as much.
Finally, one of the other reviews mentioned that the distance between the Boardwalk and the Ocean is quite long. That is true, but that's the case anywhere in Wildwood. That’s why a lot of people that I saw loaded their beach stuff on a buggy and rolled it to beach, which is a smart idea. If you want a shorter distance you have to further north to North Wildwood.
If I go back to Wildwood I’d definitely try to go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed here strictly because of the great reviews, either the hotel owners have a huge family or these review writers haven't really traveled much. Yes the place is very clean, they do try to take care of any issues should you have any, the owner does watch everything. That being said, this place is about a block away from the board walk and a very, very long walk to the actual beach, the water (ocean) is several hundred feet from the boardwalk meaning if you have chairs, coolers or children with "stuff" you will be carting it a very long way through sand or on the wood they set up for you to lug your stuff on (about 3 football fields?) or more!. If you stay more north at one of the many, many hotel/motels up that way you will be much happier. We drove up there and priced places there and they were cheaper or about the same, the beach is not even a football field away up there . If just one of the previous reviews had said the beach was this far from the boardwalk we would have not wasted our money here but paid just as much or less to be closer to the water, hence, making life a lot easier! We didn't go to the "beach" because the the motel owners were nice, we went for vacation. I will do more then trip advisor research next time. I hope I saved just one "mom" the extra work on her vacation!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Burnie17
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I went with my family for a NAGA Battle of the Beach competition. My daughter was a competitor. She had vistors (her coaches) who came 3 times for prep and after tournament evalution. You are not permitted any visitors (There are 3 signs and its on the checkin form). They may take showers and use towels. On top of that her visitors kept using the reserved parking area - bad form by them. Dennis complained to me about this the 2 days we were there and confronted the visitors, but did show restraint by not towing their car. In the end I paid $20 extra for them - Dennis was positive they took showers. Dennis knew exactly when the visitors arrived and left even though the office was closed later at night. Dennis told me a story how some couple had tried to sneak an adult into their room without paying. He confronted them and told them to pay extra or get out (He would refund their money less $50 for his aggrevation). So obey his rules (which to be fair are common in Wildwood) - he knows exactly what everyone is doing in his motel. I stayed in a 2 room "B" unit. Only the back room was air conditioned, the other had a ceiling fan. The motel is spotless and the pool is perfect. You can not book a room via the internet, you must call and talk to Dennis or his wife. He will want to know why you are coming and exactly who (names). You will mail a check - no credit cards until you get there and even then Dennis discourages it. Obey the rulles and you will enjoy your time there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank NewEagle99
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Le Voyageur on a Friday and Saturday night. The motel was very nice. The owners were very kind and gave me a bunch of coupons and restaurant recommendations. The rooms were nicely placed with a view of the pool and each had chairs out in front of the door so that we could sit out at night. The room itself was nice and clean. The only complaint was there was no air conditioner in the front room, only the back and it did not produce enough air to reach the front room. The ceiling fan in the front room did help though. There was also a nice table in the front room where we could sit and eat. The hotel was two blocks from the boardwalk. Having stayed at other motels in Wildwood, this was one of our favorites and we will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hisankles
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I stayed at this motel based on the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. I was worried about how real they were. I stayed at Le Voyageur with my wife and kids and was very impressed. One thing I worry about when staying at a family motel in Wildwood is that the owners will somehow ruin your stay, the owners at Le Voyageur were great. They kept the place very clean, the pool was spotless and warm, they were about as nice as you can get. I like things clean and this hotel from top to bottom was spotless. Also the rates were very affordable. For now on whenever I visite Wildwood I will stay at Le Voyageur.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family