“Pleasantly surprised”

The StarLux Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I haven't been to Wildwood in years and saw a great bargain on TravelZoo . I took a leap of faith and found the hotel to be clean, family friendly, and close to the boardwalk. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Starlux one night (June 11th) in the two bedroom suite. I requested the top floor and they granted that room, the room was clean, in fact they just had the carpets cleaned that afternoon. The staff went out of their way for us. They allowed us to use the bikes, hot tub and outside shower for the afternoon even tho we had checked out that morning. They even allowed us to have a later check out since it was off season and no one was using the room that night. Great location, great service and clean! It is a typical hotel you would find in Wildwood. Not fancy but my group of sixteen year old girls loved it! Thanks for a great sweet 16 year old birthday celebration for my daughter!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We made a mid-week jaunt to the Jersey Shore before all schools let out and the shore becomes overrun!!
We chose the Star Lux because of a fabulous Group On in March. It turned out to be amazing. We stayed in one if their two Airstream trailers. The experience was kitschy and a blast. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is perfect - one block from the world famous boardwalk!! There are tons of places to eat, activities to do including Morey Piers and miles of sand to explore!!
I will be coming back to the Star Lux...again and again!!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I checked in with my family for a 1 night stay from Sunday to Monday. Starlux has a super cute retro decor theme. It is also very clean and the staff is very hospitable. Our suite on the 4th floor was awesome. We loved the decor, cleanliness, comfort and space. The pool was heated and we enjoyed the thematic 50's, 60's music that played outdoors. I will always remember the day when my honey sang Earth Angel to me as we relaxed in the pool. Also, I know the kids will remember splashing around playing Marco Polo. We also enjoyed the hot tub! In the morning, we had a modest Continental breakfast and went off to enjoy a beach day. The Starlux has a variety of beach items such as toys and chairs available to use. Our kids grabbed shovels and buckets and off they went to play in the sand. Overall, I want to thank Starlux for adding such joy to our mini getaway. Our family bonded during our stay and I feel grateful:)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Indigosteph
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

If you are going to wildwood, this is the place you want to stay! Location is great, place is clean, and no screaming teenagers! You must be 25 to rent a room there and that's a plus! The hotel has bikes you can rent free of charge! So great! (Heated pool)

2  Thank Bernadette2626
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Room was very clean & had a fresh smell. Pool & hot tub combo are a nice thing to have with kids on the trip ( keeps them busy for hours ) . The beds are very cozy , soft but firm at the same time if you know what I mean . It is close to the rides & the beach is only 30 seconds away. Restaurants & bars are only a hop , skip and a jump in every direction . ohh yeah there is an ice cream shop directly across the street with tons of combos to try . All in all this place is great for adults & kids alike. looking forward to my trip here in just a few weeks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank john m
Reviewed 2 June 2014

StarLux is one of the better motel/hotels in Wildwood. They did a complete renovation (not just cosmetic!) Everything has been renovated in the last few years and is clean, airy, and bright. The pool and whirlpool are heated! Staff is friendly and accommodating. It has the Wildwood "retro" look, without the 50 year old furniture. No "grimy" stuff here. Rooms are a little small, but considering the choices in Wildwood, this is one I would return to. It's a little more pricy (187. a night for the 2 room King on priceline.) But, worth it if you want a decent room in Wildwood. I would come again. Unfortunately, while it is close to the Wildwood Convention Center and Boardwalk, there is no ocean view as the hotel is turned sideways and is a block from the ocean. Wildwood set back their property from the shoreline, so unless the property is right on Ocean Ave/Boardwalk, it has little or no ocean view.

Room Tip: The king suites are a better choice: more room, bar kitchen.