“Don't even consider this place”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 3 January 2008

On the website it didn't look bad and we were looking for a lower cost alternative to Cape May, but still close. We booked for two nights, one night nonrefundable. When we arrived we were appalled. Dirty sheets, windows that didn't close, doors with rotted bottoms so bugs and drafts could come in, spider webs in corners, appliances filthy, ect.
Switched rooms to upstairs which was only slightly better and spent the night because the manager would not refund the first night, telling us to go back to Travelocity to get the second night refunded. They tried, but no response from the hotel.
Tear the place down and start over. It gives Wildwood a bad name to have such a place in existence.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank M_town_NJBird_dog

Reviewed 10 April 2007

I recentley stayed at The Sea Foam and will never do it again.
The building does not look bad in the pictures, but photos lie.
When turning down the bed on night 1, I was suprised to find a dirty night gown left by a former occupant. I really thought the piece of wood molding used as a lock on the front sliding window would keep any intruders out (lol). All the doors were miscut at the top and bottom and thr restroom door was hung so bad it did not open or close freely. The exposed copper water pipes (not showed on the internet) gave the room such a tacky feeling as did the exposed romex electrical wire painted to match the walls. Who inspects these places for building code violations? The manager seemed to be a nice guy until I was forced to wake him from his peaceful slummber, to advise him of the unruly party (20-30 people) going on between the rooms at both side of mine 11:00pm-5:30am. Upon our 6:00am check out ,I felt the need to ask for a refund of my 2nd nights rate where I was referred to a sign that read "NO REFUNDS."

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank johnjp2500
Reviewed 16 October 2006

We needed an overnight in the area. Booked the place on Expedia. Description did not sound bad. Got there and found the place dingy, dirty with a bathroom window that didn't close. Old mattresses were piled up outside the place. Did not feel a different room that was offered would be an improvement. Asked to cancel prior to occupying the room but the clerk said he did not have the authority to make any refunds and said the owner was out of the country. We decided to take a 4 hour drive back home than stay there that night. My wife was totally creeped out by the place.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank tiredtraveler2
PA
Reviewed 13 July 2006

I don't know what the other people were talking about who gave this place a bad review. I recently stayed there in june of 2006 and they were nothing but polite. The room rate was also a good price. We stayed in a two bedroom apt. for pretty cheap. Also, they had a kitchen. I would bring your own kitchen untensils however, because they do not include much. I would definitely stay there again!!! So if anyone is having doubts because of past reviews i assure you that you have nothing to worry about!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2006

I am a corporate travel agent who books for a very large, well known corporation. Yesterday (June 14th) I called the hotel to make arrangements for 4 of my guys that are traveling to the area. This was the ONLY hotel we could find that had open rooms at such short notice. I spoke to Mohamed who helped me make the reservation. Mytravelersdecided today (June 15th) that they would not be staying at that hotel. I called back to cancel it and was informed by Mohamed that I could not because there was a 14 day cancellation policy. Never in our conversation did he mention this. He argued with me and then hung up on me. I called back and asked for a supervisor, he said to call in and hour and one would be there. I asked him to please cancel it, he said he would and told me to STOP CALLING!!!! NEVER in my years of being a travel agent have I ever dealt with such a rude person! Come to find out, he is part owner of the hotel!!!! SCARY!! I do NOT recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
15  Thank Alaa E
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 29 September 2005

We had prepaid for the hotel through travelocity. The owner must have overbooked for the night and told us he did not have a room for us. He wouldn't look at our confirmation number or answer the phone to speak to Travelocity. When we didn't leave, he got a pipe from his back room and chased us out of the place.

On a positive note, Travelocity did pay the difference for us to stay at a real hotel.

Do not book here under any circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2005
46  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2005

I am a travel agent, and when dealing with the owner of this property, I have came to the conclusion that they could not care less about their guests. They were rude, vulgar, and all around terrible to deal with. Please do not take yourself or your family to this hotel. It will be a terrible mistake.

• Stayed: September 2005