“Horrible Motel”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We arrived first weekend in May 2013. It was freezing. Motel had windows open and rooms were very cold. Small space heater on wall for 2 BR Apt unit. Asked manager for extra blankets, as none in room but very thin bedspread, with large tears on them. Manager informed me he just remodeled rooms and spent over $10,000. Said i was a snob and should be staying at Hilton instead. Motel advertised as having free Wifi, but there was no signal unless you sat outside your room on patio. Also advertised open heated pool, but pool closed and not heated.
After remarks from manager and no success with blankets, inquired about canceling our resv for 2nd night. Manager laughed and told me no refunds for any reason. I had 2 children with me, plus I was 8 months pregnant. Manager very rude and hostile when confronted.
Spoke to Expedia who advised us to check out and call them back. Then, after 2 hours talking with multiple operators, finally spoke to customer service rep who refunded us fully.
Would never recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!

Expedia customer service reps tried to be helpful but hard to follow when they keep bumping you from operator to operator. 2 hrs sitting in a Mc Donalds on cell when you're supposed to be starting vacation, not my idea of a good time!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank ptadawn

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My family and I came to Sea Foam Motel to relax, and enjoy the beach, but this motel is terrible. The owner is so rude, he used inappropriate language to me and in front of my kids. The rooms are dirty and really cold. The main thing was the owner. He is so rude. He told me if I brought my friends inside my room he would kick my family out of the motel and call the cops, which I didn't understand. I just never had a motel owner that rude. Please, don't waste your money, stay somewhere else. The only good thing is, its close to the beach and the boardwalk.

Room Tip: don't stay here, really do your research before picking a motel or a hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank jon j
Reviewed 24 December 2012

It'a hard to believe that me and some others here are talking about the same motel. My wife and I have been staying at the Sea Foam for many years, and have always been pleasantly greeted by the owner and all staff. Sure the building is old, but the rooms are nice and always clean. We never saw any bugs when staying in the rooms above the office. There are new marble tile floors and rear windows for 2012. The location so close to the boardwalk and beach, coupled with the very reasonable prices for Wildwood makes Sea Foam a very good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We booked the hotel for a 3 night stay by internet and we were already discouraged at our arriving. There was only one key for the room, no sheet for the sofabed and no dishes. There were ants all over the kitchen....ewwww! The owner of the hotel was extremely rude with us. It took everything to have dishes and towels. He also said that canadian people were demanding a lot only because we asked for dishes and things to wash them. My father traveled for over 30 years and every motel with a kitchen are supposed to be equip correctly. NEVER GO THERE! IT IS HORRIBLE!!!! THE WORST MOTEL IN WILDWOOD!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Myriam555
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Anybody that says the Sea Foam is anything above POOR has very low standards when it comes to accomodations and customer service. They absolutely didn't care about our concerns. They did the old bait and switch like many have posted about. This place needs to be shut down. It's obvious that the place is falling apart and never gets cleaned. Sea Foam actually washing on to it would do it wonders. When you go to Wildwood, you go for lasting memories. I will never forget the horrible experience I had at the Sea Foam Motel. I was so mad at myself for falling for the cheap price. The place is a DEATH Trap with exposed wiring (lights, witches and outlets without covers, dirty kitchen with greasy drawers, holes in the walls and funky smell. This is not a place you would like to put your head down on their disgusting beds and pillows. I felt itchy just being in the place. I'm not exagerating with my review. I've been to over 20 countries and have been to over 25 states. The Sea Foam is the 2nd Worst Room I've ever stayed in my entire life of 40+ years. The worst was a little place in Panama. The only good thing abou the place is location but you're better off just sleeping on the curb.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JerseyTeacher123
Reviewed 12 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
5  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I called to try to reserve a room and the worker who answered was very rude and hung up on me. I tried calling back and nobody would answer. I'm so glad I didn't end up finding a room after reading these other reviews!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family