“Very very dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Yardville, New Jersey
“Very very dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel description is far from the truth. I spent over $300 for two nights and it was the dirtiest hotel I have ever step foot in. I do not mind an older hotel but at least keep it clean. I went with my infant son and my 11 year old and could not have them sleep in the room. We walked into a lobby which says it offers free coffee. The coffee machine was horribly dirty and the lobby was filthy. This shoud have been a clue of things to come.

I never write a review on a hotel but the only positive thing about this hotel is the location. Upon walking into the room I noticed the bed spreads were dirty. I refused to even change my son on the bed without placing a mat down first. I then went into the bathroom which was filthy along with the refrigerator and microwave . We immediately got on the phone and looked for another hotel.

We left within a half hour of checking in and went to the new hotel. By far the worst hotel I have ever seen. The worst part is that if I spent $50 a night I would have expected this but spending more than 325 for two nights I expected a lot more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anissame

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I am far from picky. But this was the 2nd worst Motel I've ever stayed at. 1. they still give you a key. not a key card. a key and only one.2 no elevator to take your luggage up to your room. thank god we had my daughter a long she carried it up then back down when we left. 3. the shower curtain was not collected to the wall, so it kept falling down.4 no slip mat in tub so it was very slippery.5 the cupboard doors were falling off. 6. there were price tags on the pictures on the walls and microwave and lamps. how weird is that.7. the kitchen table was broke. 8. they offered free WiFi but it didn't work when they gave me the code. they said there must be something wrong with my computer. so I used my own and it worked. thought I would be able to save some money using their's but NOOOO! 9. the maid left the door unlocked after cleaning our room. if that's what you want to call it. I know I would never go back there. The beach wasn't that great either.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bfurr

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have no complaints about the front desk. I asked for an extra key, he gave it to me. I asked for the WiFi code, not one problem. Now my issues... I'm going to start with the pool... It needs a serious update. There are chips of paint coming off, it also was NOT heated.. I also had a hard time getting into the "Kiddy Pool" with my 4 month old since I had to take a good step down n was afraid to slip. Now the rooms.... I will say the room was clean but does need to be updated. I wasn't pleased at the fact there was Tiles missing in the shower, the knob was also broken. I had to use a knife to turn it on. There was writing on the wall next to the front of the door. Looks like housekeeping did try to get it off but didn't try hard enough. One of my biggest issues was that there was Ants on my nightstand & on the side of my bed!!!!!!! Wasn't happy about this at all ecspecially once I found one on my daughter's pack n play.. I seen people say about their housekeeping.. they do need training. I asked for more washcloths and I never received them. They never even came in to empty my trash. I wish I could say "You get what you pay for" but I can't since it was a bit pricey for what I received

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank missz_fox
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

When we first checked in they gave us our room key and we walked into someone else's room!! There was luggage and clothes already in this room! We had to go back down to the office and return our key and get another room. Totally unorganized and unsafe. The entire stay i was scared they were going to give someone else our room key. They weren't even apologetic to us and acted like this kinda thing happened all the time. Then we walked into our room.. Tile floors.. Greasy, sandy, dirty. Had to wear my flip flops the entire time. We didn't have real windows. They were shutter windows.. Which I'm sure is a fire violation because we could not get out of them if we needed to. And we could hear everything because these "windows" had gaps and you could see right in our room! We had to use a pillow case to cover our windows. No curtain. Also we found our fire detector in our dresser without batteries in it.. Horrible. Anyway the beds were tiny rolling beds on tile floor. The tv was attached to the ceiling like a doctors office. The sink and toilet were not attached to the wall or floor. If you have children do not take them here...The sink was not attached to the wall. The towels and bedding looked so dirty i had to go out to the boardwalk and buy my own bath towel and blanket to sleep with. The pillow cases had holes in them. Literally the only good thing about this place was location, air conditioning unit, and running water. I will never return here. When you check into the office theres a huge sign that says "NO REFUNDS".. That should of been our first hint. Please google reviews before staying here. After looking at them with people having to call the police on this place.. It seems my trip went well. This place is a dump. Total senior week place for people who trash hotels.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Cristiers
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

The good things: The room was clean especially the bathroom. The shower water was very hot. Beds where comfortable pillows good. I was not happy that there was profanity written in pen on the back of the outside door and the inside of the bathroom door. This should have been removed.
Outside Window and bathroom mirror where smeared and not properly cleaned
Microwave was up on a high shelf, dangerous for a person under 5 foot which is ME!.
Housekeeping needs better training on repleanishing towels, cups and soaps.
But when requested towels where given. Guests should not have to ask for towels that should be housekeepings job to replenish daily. Wifi is advertised but no one gave me the code when i checked in. Again you have to ask for it. Guests should not have to ask for services you advertise as part of the room ammeities. These minor things can be fixed with a little attention to the details, Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We arrived first weekend in May 2013. It was freezing. Motel had windows open and rooms were very cold. Small space heater on wall for 2 BR Apt unit. Asked manager for extra blankets, as none in room but very thin bedspread, with large tears on them. Manager informed me he just remodeled rooms and spent over $10,000. Said i was a snob and should be staying at Hilton instead. Motel advertised as having free Wifi, but there was no signal unless you sat outside your room on patio. Also advertised open heated pool, but pool closed and not heated.
After remarks from manager and no success with blankets, inquired about canceling our resv for 2nd night. Manager laughed and told me no refunds for any reason. I had 2 children with me, plus I was 8 months pregnant. Manager very rude and hostile when confronted.
Spoke to Expedia who advised us to check out and call them back. Then, after 2 hours talking with multiple operators, finally spoke to customer service rep who refunded us fully.
Would never recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!

Expedia customer service reps tried to be helpful but hard to follow when they keep bumping you from operator to operator. 2 hrs sitting in a Mc Donalds on cell when you're supposed to be starting vacation, not my idea of a good time!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ptadawn
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

My family and I came to Sea Foam Motel to relax, and enjoy the beach, but this motel is terrible. The owner is so rude, he used inappropriate language to me and in front of my kids. The rooms are dirty and really cold. The main thing was the owner. He is so rude. He told me if I brought my friends inside my room he would kick my family out of the motel and call the cops, which I didn't understand. I just never had a motel owner that rude. Please, don't waste your money, stay somewhere else. The only good thing is, its close to the beach and the boardwalk.

Room Tip: don't stay here, really do your research before picking a motel or a hotel