“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 30 June 2008

HELLO- this is Wildwood. The Seafoam is a great place to stay if you don’t expect to be in a 5 star resort. We went for the Beach Blast soccer tournament and couldn’t be happier with our accommodations. The AC worked well, the water pressure was great and the fridge kept the refreshments icy cold- what more do you want? Bring clean sheets, pillow cases and you’ll be all set. The Seafoam is very close to the board walk and beach. It has a great roof top balcony to hang out with your friends and family. There is a Rite Aide right across the street (for those I just gotta go buy something moments) and a liqueur store down the block (for those I just gotta get something to drink moments) - very convenient. And now the best for last- the owner was friendly and very accommodating. He was a pleasure to deal with. In conclusion, if you are easy going, not expecting a 5 star resort, don’t have a broom stuck up your butt, and just want to enjoy the Wildwood experience, go and stay at the Seafoam without any hesitation! We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONK HONK!

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank continentaltouch

Reviewed 11 June 2008

Just spent a 3 day weekend and will never return. Room is a dump and windows don't lock. On second day in broad daylight, someone slipped in (through window) and stole wallet w/all I.D., money, Ipod, Ipod Home, cell phone, designer purse. Filed a police report & police felt bad for us and said that this happens al the time. Management's reply was to board up the window. We had to borrow money for return home. Also place is filthy, and the bathroom shower flooded the room. Hotel is close to beach which is a good thing because if you do stay you better cart everything you own and only leave behind what you won't miss.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bjay5
Reviewed 3 January 2008

On the website it didn't look bad and we were looking for a lower cost alternative to Cape May, but still close. We booked for two nights, one night nonrefundable. When we arrived we were appalled. Dirty sheets, windows that didn't close, doors with rotted bottoms so bugs and drafts could come in, spider webs in corners, appliances filthy, ect.
Switched rooms to upstairs which was only slightly better and spent the night because the manager would not refund the first night, telling us to go back to Travelocity to get the second night refunded. They tried, but no response from the hotel.
Tear the place down and start over. It gives Wildwood a bad name to have such a place in existence.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank M_town_NJBird_dog
Reviewed 10 April 2007

I recentley stayed at The Sea Foam and will never do it again.
The building does not look bad in the pictures, but photos lie.
When turning down the bed on night 1, I was suprised to find a dirty night gown left by a former occupant. I really thought the piece of wood molding used as a lock on the front sliding window would keep any intruders out (lol). All the doors were miscut at the top and bottom and thr restroom door was hung so bad it did not open or close freely. The exposed copper water pipes (not showed on the internet) gave the room such a tacky feeling as did the exposed romex electrical wire painted to match the walls. Who inspects these places for building code violations? The manager seemed to be a nice guy until I was forced to wake him from his peaceful slummber, to advise him of the unruly party (20-30 people) going on between the rooms at both side of mine 11:00pm-5:30am. Upon our 6:00am check out ,I felt the need to ask for a refund of my 2nd nights rate where I was referred to a sign that read "NO REFUNDS."

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank johnjp2500
Reviewed 16 October 2006

We needed an overnight in the area. Booked the place on Expedia. Description did not sound bad. Got there and found the place dingy, dirty with a bathroom window that didn't close. Old mattresses were piled up outside the place. Did not feel a different room that was offered would be an improvement. Asked to cancel prior to occupying the room but the clerk said he did not have the authority to make any refunds and said the owner was out of the country. We decided to take a 4 hour drive back home than stay there that night. My wife was totally creeped out by the place.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tiredtraveler2
A TripAdvisor Member
PA
Reviewed 13 July 2006

I don't know what the other people were talking about who gave this place a bad review. I recently stayed there in june of 2006 and they were nothing but polite. The room rate was also a good price. We stayed in a two bedroom apt. for pretty cheap. Also, they had a kitchen. I would bring your own kitchen untensils however, because they do not include much. I would definitely stay there again!!! So if anyone is having doubts because of past reviews i assure you that you have nothing to worry about!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2006

I am a corporate travel agent who books for a very large, well known corporation. Yesterday (June 14th) I called the hotel to make arrangements for 4 of my guys that are traveling to the area. This was the ONLY hotel we could find that had open rooms at such short notice. I spoke to Mohamed who helped me make the reservation. Mytravelersdecided today (June 15th) that they would not be staying at that hotel. I called back to cancel it and was informed by Mohamed that I could not because there was a 14 day cancellation policy. Never in our conversation did he mention this. He argued with me and then hung up on me. I called back and asked for a supervisor, he said to call in and hour and one would be there. I asked him to please cancel it, he said he would and told me to STOP CALLING!!!! NEVER in my years of being a travel agent have I ever dealt with such a rude person! Come to find out, he is part owner of the hotel!!!! SCARY!! I do NOT recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business