“Worst B&B”
Review of Holly Beach Hotel

Holly Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We paid for a QUEEN size room and a QUEEN size bed and got a shoe box with one size full mattress fits all. Would not recommend this B&B. No privacy from the owners, ' Bob & Cindy". Every time you turned around, Bob was there. There was no privacy sitting on the front porch , because Bob or Cindy was always out there having a cigarette or drink. The price of the room was high for what you got.

Room Tip: Read up on the reviews of hotels and B&B's
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Louise M
cbholly, Owner at Holly Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Louise asked me when she was here about the size of the bed. I explained that a queen is only 6 inches more than a full. I would never misleed anyone on our room discriptions, most of all reviews and our website states that our rooms are small. We were built 100 years ago and with adding all private baths, this made our rooms smaller. We did add 4/ two room suites so that guest who needed more room would have a choice. (these of course cost more). Our front porch is very large and open and is where most guest like to relax, us included. We enjoy spending time with our guest as much as we can but with running a business we are not always on the front porch. Smoking (outside) and drinking is permitted and is stated as so, we are all adults and are entitled.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place is the worst...It stinks.....hot water slow to get hot...the room is more like a closet.....its too small for a two year old.....the TV is small too and outdated. .....you could not pay me to stay here again....it don't even deserve a 1

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Hitsquad215
Reviewed 15 September 2012

A very nice B&B! Lovely and friendly hosts. A great breakfast. The Rooms are a little bit small, but very comfortable and clean. For sure we would stay there again.
The Beach is near. They also give good tipps for restaurants and bars and they are having coupons for free drinks for some restaurants.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DasLama
Reviewed 18 August 2012

As others have said, stay away! Bob was unfriendly, nosy, and totally unprofessional. Why didn't the owners turn the a/c on before we got there? The knob on the air conditioner was removed,and of course set to the lowest possible setting. Breakfast consisted of the one dish they were serving that day. No other options. No fresh fruit, no yogurt, no cereal. They advertise no kids, but don't believe it for a second. There were kids there. I didn't even bother trying to get connected to the wi-fi, as I witnessed other guests not being able to connect.

Room Tip: Tip: to get a good room, go elsewhere.
Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nelliescully
Reviewed 13 August 2012

.While staying at the Holly Beach Hotel B&B my husband had a wonderful relaxing time. Bob and Cindy are pleasant and accommodating. My husband is diabetic and I have some food allergies, they where careful to serve what we needed. Bob /Cindy never complained if I could not finish my breakfast, which was served quickly and hot. They have a large assortment of Books and DVD in all categories for your enjoyment. The place is clean and well maintained. We never heard Bob or Cindy have an unkind word. We will definitely return to this Welcoming Place.
Victoria H.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Wildwood is filthy and, while Cindy was very sweet accommodating, Bob was rude and condescending. My husband, friends and I were scolding on numerous occasions a though we were being scolded by a parent for not cleaning our plates at dinner. Mind you, I'm in my 30s. I will never, ever stay here again...nor will I come back to wildwood. Cape May is definitely the place to go if you are looking for nice people and cleanliness...the $5 daily beach tag is worth it!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Oliveandtunas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I want to thank Cindy and Bob for being the perfect Host/Hostess. My husband and I needed a mini vacation from the fast moving pace of living in the Big Apple. We were pleasantly surprise of the warm welcome of Cindy and Bob and their comfortable B&B. It had all the amenties. Rooms were clean, breakfast was good. Because of the conversational pieces and antiques throughout the place it is absolutely no place for young children. I would enjoy spending another weekend but would have to get a larger room. The room we were in #8 was very small. Thank you Bob and Cindy for making our stay a pleasant one. See you again!!!

Dionne and Douglas

Room Tip: If you are planning a couples getaway for more than a weekend you should upgrade to a larger room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple