“Wonderful relaxing stay!”

The Sea Gypsy Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 17 Wildwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had an amazing time at the Sea Gypsy! We stayed for 5 nights in the Walt Whitman room which had it's own entrance to the balcony which was perfect. The breakfast was out-of-this-world! One of the best breakfasts I've ever had! There were so many nice touches like free lemonade, candy and treats. We loved coming in from a nice, relaxing day at the beach and pouring ourselves a glass of lemonade and drinking it on the beautiful porch. We also loved the hot tub on the porch which was also a nice way to end the day! By far and away the best B&B we've ever stayed in!

3  Thank Vivian P
There are newer reviews for The Sea Gypsy Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed in the William Morris loft. I thought the room was great. It was private and nicely decorated but not over the top like some B&Bs. The bathroom was large as was our living area. We had our our thermostat to control the temp which was nice. There was a flat screen Tv and even a bunch of Dvds we could watch.

Breakfast was really good and you can tell everything was made fresh right in the kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jujukeck
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Sea Gypsy... it was our first time staying in a B&B (we are hotel dwellers 99% of the time, but this happened to be the best deal we could find in Wildwood for only 2 nights... I think there's a 3 night minimum in a lot of places). You could park in the driveway which accommodates 2 cars, or on the street... there is also parking in the back of the building. We never had TOO much of an issue finding a spot. You are pretty close to the boardwalk, only a 1-2 minute walk. The breakfast here was an A+, made fresh every morning, they would usually give some sort of fruit or 'appetizer' before the main course which was nice. The coffee cake was reallllly good, one morning it had blueberries and the other morning chocolate chips... really yummy. The first breakfast was pancakes and sausage and the 2nd was eggs benedict which I wasn't a huge fan of but only b/c I'm not crazy about eggs benedict! I'm sure they would've accommodated any other special requests but I didn't want to bother. They serve breakfast at 10am... unless you want it earlier you may be able to suggest it if you want to get an early start. and we ate at a table with the other guests which some people might be weird about but we were never at the table for that long any way. I think I saw some people eating out on the porch though too so that's a possible option. The innkeepers stay out of your business for the most part, I barely ever saw them except at breakfast. The place is pretty quiet considering the walls seem paper thin. We could hear people coming up and down the stairs but it was hardly an issue. My 1 gripe about the place is the bed in our room was like sleeping on concrete. I was so sore the next morning. We stayed in the Longfellow suite, it was clean but it was terribly small. I guess when you stay in hotels all the time, you expect more... and bigger... but what can you do. We slept on the pull out bed the 2nd night only b/c it seemed a little bigger and MAYBE more comfortable but it left something to be desired as well. I'm glad we only stayed 2 nights b/c had it been any longer, I might've requested a different room, the bed was just so bad. and the ceiling fan when we had it going made this squeaky noise so it kept waking me up in the middle of the night. Also, the TV is in the sitting area of the room, NOT where the bed is. and my husband and I need the TV in order to fall asleep so that was kind of annoying. But we moved the TV to face the bed which helped a little (even though I still had to kinda strain to see it).
The temp. in the room was pretty comfortable, but better with the ceiling fan on which helped to circulate the cool air more. I know my husband gets sweaty pretty easily and he was fine in this room. There is a small deck area outside of the room, 2 other rooms (I think) have access to it as well but we never saw anyone else out there. The bathroom has a clawfoot tub with a shower and the curtain goes all the way around you... it was pretty claustrophobic for my husband who is a big guy but it was doable for me. They have bikes you can take out, snacks out during the day and lemonade in the fridge...
It was generally a pretty good stay for our first B&B experience. If you're staying for more than a couple days, definitely get a room with a good, comfortable bed (NOT longfellow)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I always look for cleanliness when I travel, and despite the old-fashioned nature of The Sea Gypsy, the house is spotless. It is located on a street with other B&Bs, and is quiet despite its proximity to Good Night Irene's. The inn-keeper, Anna, was wonderful, accommodating and knowledgeable about the area and surrounding towns. We stayed in the Walt Whitman room, which was smaller than we would have liked, but I have to admit I liked having hardwood floors rather than carpeting. I will definitely be back in the future.

2  Thank Rachael P
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed at the Sea Gypsy for three nights. Breakfast was excellent!!! I'm pregnant and couldn't eat the eggs benedict and they were accomodating to that. They make a fresh cake every morning that is still warm at breakfast, awesome. Owners are really nice and accomodating. After checking out, they let us come back and change their before heading home. I was told we can shower there too, even after checking out, but we didn't.

Close to boardwalk, off street parking, we'd stay there again. Our room was on the small side, but I also chose the cheapest room there, so that was why. Shower was tiny though. Could use some upkeep in the room, a bit outdated.

overall a great stay though!

1  Thank ErinfromPA
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We had a lovely time at the Sea Gypsy. Owners are friendly. Room was clean and exceptionally quiet--especially considering the boardwalk is only two blocks away. Breakfast was delicious. Parking was easy. We were struck with how thoughtful the owners were--free bikes to use while there and, after they heard we were spending the day at the beach after checking us out, they made a bathroom/shower available for us to clean up before driving home.

Room Tip: We had the Emily Dickenson suite, and it was accessible and quiet.
1  Thank Mami201
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Just returned home from a 2 night stay! We loved it!
Beautiful place, well maintained grounds, lovely interior,
cozy room and great breakfast! The price is right and the
owners were warm and friendly!
As Innkeepers, we can appreciate all the care that goes into
making this B&B a really fine establishment.
Oh! Really GOOD coffee too! We loved it all!
Looking forward to visiting again.

4  Thank bnblady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#1 of 17 in Wildwood
Brittany Motel
Brittany Motel
#9 of 75 in Wildwood

Been to The Sea Gypsy Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!