“Terrific, cozy B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Wildwood B&B and Inns
Teaneck
“Terrific, cozy B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation for an overnight getaway for my wife and I and saw good things written about the Sea Gypsy. They were all true!

From the decorations and amenities to the hosts and their wonderful, accommodating breakfast this B&B was top notch.

We stayed in the Walt Whitman room, a cozy room with a walkout to a second floor balcony. Turns out we were the only guests in the entire house since it was off season and had a chance to explore all the wonderful details this Victorian charmer has to offer.

Todd has done a wonderful job restoring this aged beauty and Anna cooked us a terrific breakfast that accommodated my special paleo diet while engaging in pleasant and fascinating conversation.

I highly recommend the Sea Gypsy!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank foolishcop

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I loved the sea gypsy but I didn't love staying up til 3 am with blaring music from the bar next door. I wish I would have read the other reviews that warned me. It's such a shame because I would go back for sure but I need my sleep!!! I even had earplugs in and couldn't sleep through the loud music and partiers. :(

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bria109
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I stayed just one night at the Sea Gypsy suites July 4th, but would recommend the suites to anyone looking for this sort of accommodation. Many B&Bs are Victorian, stuffed with antiques of that era. In contrast, the Sea Gypsy suites are Craftsman era, and if you are a fan of that movement, this place is a gem. The building has been beautifully restored, and our room--the loft on the third floor--was very nicely appointed in the Craftsman style. It's the top of the house so you have an extra long room, with a comfy reading chair and a cute window nook as well as the king bed and large bathroom. The separate thermostat for the loft was appreciated, and the AC worked great on a very hot night. The provided off-street parking is a definite plus, because parking is at a premium that close to the boardwalk. Aside from just the charm of the house and the suites, other perks include free bikes in the shed, wifi, and an optional breakfast shared with other guests in the main house. Overall, the two buildings are an inviting contrast the 1950s-era motels and modern condos that now dominate Wildwood. A B&B's vibe reflects its owners, and this one feels like a well-cared-for, comfortable home where you can unwind at the end of a day at the beach.

Room Tip: William Morris loft is very private.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we stay at a B&B. We love it. The breakfast is so good, everyday we have something different and delicious. The bed is comfy. The only complaint I have is that there is a pub not too far away and Sunday night they are very busy until very late.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank AllanZ2000
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I usually stay in hotels when I travel. When I was looking for a place to stay in Wildwood, I was drawn to the description of the Sea Gypsy. The reviews on TripAdvisor helped me make my decision and I booked a two-night stay at the B&B in May 2013.

The B&B was very nice and the place was immaculate. I stayed in the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Suite. The suite had a living room, bedroom and attached bath. It also had a porch off the bedroom. My main reason for choosing the Longfellow Suite was because it had two rooms and the porch. However, I think that I would have been better choosing a larger room because I only used the porch one time, preferring the front porch of the B&B (which faced the street). The bedroom felt a little cramped, but the bed was very, very comfortable. The bathroom had a clawfoot tub. There was plenty of drawer space in the suite. What I really appreciated, but did not have occasion to use, were the extra pillows and blankets in the room. It's hard to find these things in some hotels.

Anna, the owner of the B&B, was gracious and accommodating. She gave me a tour of the B&B when I arrived, and encouraged me to take advantage of the living space and other amenities. If a visitor is looking for a place to eat or things to do, a desk in the foyer has plenty of literature to view. I was told to help myself to any fruit and wine that was in the dining room. The front porch has rocking chairs which just beg to be used, and there's even a hot tub (or is it Jacuzzi?) which was clean and sparkling.

Breakfast was delicious. As I was the only visitor on the first day, Anna joined me for that meal, and we chatted like old friends. Other people arrived on the second day and we enjoyed homemade waffles, bacon, juice and fresh fruit for breakfast. We did not walk away hungry!

The Sea Gypsy is located about two or three blocks from the boardwalk. I enjoyed walking there, but others with smaller children or difficulty walking might want to look into parking in a lot closer to the beach.

I stayed at the Sea Gypsy B&B on East Magnolia Avenue. The Sea Gypsy also has suites in a Arts and Crafts style building on Poplar Street, which is one street north of Magnolia. The buildings are directly behind each other. I was taken through the suites on Poplar Street, and they are beautiful. Spacious and comfortable-looking, they look perfect for romantic getaways or larger groups of people.

The only issue regarding the B&B on East Magnolia Avenue was parking. I was at the Sea Gypsy before Wildwood got really busy, and was able to get a parking place right in front of the B&B. (There was also a narrow driveway and parking area next to the Sea Gypsy, but I was afraid it would be too difficult to back out when I had to leave.) There were a lot of parking places on East Magnolia, but many of them were already occupied by residents or construction crews renovating some residences. I would suggest that if someone is going to stay at the B&B on East Magnolia Avenue and they are concerned with parking, they check with the owners and see if they can park on Poplar Street. It's only a short walk around the corner from the B&B.

Visitors staying at the Sea Gypsy will not be disappointed and in fact, will probably return there. I certainly plan to do so!

Room Tip: The rooms are on the second and third floors and are accessible by stairs only. Check on the locati...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Gaithersburg, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at The Sea Gypsy in the off season (over the weekend) for an event at the Wildwood Convention Center. Conveniently located...blocks from the ocean, boardwalk, and great restaurants. A bit of a walk or very quick car ride to water park area and convention center.

We received prompt email confirmation following our online reservation and follow-up emails re: food allergies and early departure that I noted on our reservation. The owners were VERY sensitive to my family's food allergies before and during our stay ensuring they had a safe breakfast for us. We also could not make the standard breakfast time and with prior notice of our need to leave early in the morning they were able to send us off well fed! The room accommodations were very comfortable and clean...like staying at your own home. The candy bar was a hit! Comfortable parlor/common area and porch. Glad we found a place to stay again if we return to Wildwood in the future!

Very reasonable price compared to motels in area. Caught great price of $99.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Shel Silverstein room which is on the top floor of the main B&B. Two flights o...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank theplaceswego
Red Bank, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had an amazing time at the Sea Gypsy! We stayed for 5 nights in the Walt Whitman room which had it's own entrance to the balcony which was perfect. The breakfast was out-of-this-world! One of the best breakfasts I've ever had! There were so many nice touches like free lemonade, candy and treats. We loved coming in from a nice, relaxing day at the beach and pouring ourselves a glass of lemonade and drinking it on the beautiful porch. We also loved the hot tub on the porch which was also a nice way to end the day! By far and away the best B&B we've ever stayed in!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vivian P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Esplanade Suites, a Sundance Vacations Resort
#3 of 76 in Wildwood
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#4 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to The Sea Gypsy Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!