“Easy Stay Just 1 Block From Beach”

Quebec Motel By-The-Sea
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Easy Stay Just 1 Block From Beach”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I'm not sure about the experiences/issues people have had with Booking.com, but I called and reserved a room and had no trouble. The young girl who checked us in was very sweet and provided information for restaurants, places to see, things like that. The hotel itself is large and maintained well, and the pool area is perfect for days when it's simply too windy to be comfortable on the beach. There's also a great 50's style diner right on the corner! A great place to stay in Wildwood, it is a minute's walk to the very center of the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Don't book during prom weeks if you want a relaxing stay! Best time for families and those who l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Stafford Township, NJ
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Don't understand the negative reviews. Just got back after spending one night as we attended Thunder in the Sand race. Block off the boardwalk. The hotel probably dates back to the 60's (as do I) and most likely hasn't have a lot of refurbishments. However, it was clean, no noticeable smells (other than some type of light deodorizer in the room). A table for eating, a couch which was a throwback to the 70's which pulled out to make a bed, refrigerator, microwave and stovetop in the kitchen. Small tiled bathroom, again, very clean and a bedroom in the rear with two double beds. It was fine for what it is. Had a nice pool which was still open even though the weather was chilly. Three stories. I don't know, we thought it was fine. Office staff VERY friendly. No problems. Is it an updated, modern or even updated Doo Wop motel? Absolutely not. But it was clean, beds were fairly comfy and so was the pull out couch. I think people expect too much for the price. It was perfect for our needs since we weren't spending a lot of time in the room anyway. I would return in the summer with no hesitation. If you want updated, modern accommodations don't stay here. If you want a clean, family friendly place and not break the bank then you should stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carole C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My family, myself and several friends stayed here last fall. We chose it for the convenient location, proximity to the boardwalk and year-round availability. Unfortunately, however, the place was horrible! As soon as my sister opened the door to her unit, an overpowering smell immediatley hit you in the face. The first night there, her toilet overflowed. I think it's safe to assume that wasn't the first time this happened and explains why the room smelled as it did.

In my unit, every time I went in the bathroom and turned on the light, roaches would scatter across the floor. It was horrible!!!

The only good thing I can say about the place was the location. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go to ANOTHER motel!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jg117
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First time staying , first off hotel was pleasant . It was right on strip to get all you need if you ran out of something. NO ROWDY NEIGHBORS, which was great. Over all looking forward to staying in 2014.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Dulce1974
Hillside, NJ
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the Quebec Calypso Resort 3 bedroom apt 8/25-8/28. This apt is great for big familys or groups of friends. The apt was very clean. There are 2 bedrooms with double beds and 1 bedroom with a king size bed. In addition, one of the living room sofas is a pull out bed.All bedrooms have ceiling fans and there is central air. There are 4 TV's 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the living room. There is a full kitchen with 2 refrig and a full stove. In addition there are 2 bathrooms 1 with full tub/shower and the other with just a shower. Owners are supernice and quite helpful. You have full use of the pool which is just around the corner or thru the alleyway of the Calyso. Parking for the apt can be tight but there is off site parking also available. Would I stay here again ? Most likely yes !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jojofromjersey
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

It was a great motel there are plenty of awesome things to do around the location but now for the actual location, it was very clean when we got there but there is a weird confusion regarding where you actually think youre placing your reservation since these guys share between two buildings that are right next to each other. Thats the only.problem but everything else is fine.

• Stayed August 2013
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2013

It's killing me to write this review as i've been a Loyal Customer and have stayed at the Quebec Hotels a few times over the course of the past few years. So I wont post all Bad I will post the very minimal Positives that happened during my stay as well. Lets Start with the Check In, I Arrived to find that I had been Moved from the Quebec to their Small INN The Happy Days, now I was refunded a portion of the Rate but I wanted to stay in the new Room as Promised. The room I stayed in was Great though. It Was HUGE had a full Kitchen nice bedroom, and huge Living Room. BUT The Rude People staying Banged constantly allowed their kids to scream and holler in the little seating area as you enter, also it was a constant issue not having internet! I went 2 days without internet at all!!! Then theres the Pool issue, My Kids & I only had a wopping 10 minutes of what could be considered enjoyable time the rest of the time the out of control kids jumping and slamming in to my Kids and myself and one of the days they completely took over the shallow end of the pool rendering it completely unavailable to any other Guests. the limited seating was also hoarded by the few adults. Then there was the internet issue, I went to the office they had to reset the Server or something then the following day all day / nt no internet they were out the following day no internet at all again I went over they had to reset again, then a few hours later no service. So all in all the Vacation to Celebrate mine & my sons Birthdays did not go well at all. I am beyond disappointed and we've decided we will no longer stay at the Quebec Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pr0uddad0814
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#8 of 76 in Wildwood
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#2 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Quebec Motel By-The-Sea? Share your experiences!