“No longer there”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“No longer there”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Took the tram car down to the end of the boardwalk only to find the Insectarium gone. The hissing cockroach has passed on. Nothing to see here.

Visited June 2013
17 Thank Rosa_Thorns

Toms River, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun for the kids!”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We just happened to find the Wildwood Insectarium while walking on the boardwalk. The kids wanted to go in and check it out, so we thought since it was something different to do, why not. I believe our tour guides name was Phillip. He was wonderful. He knew so much about each of the exhibits and was able to answer any questions that we had. We were able to touch and hold certain things. I held my first tarantula, my daughter held a bearded dragon, and my son a turtle. It was a nice experience for the kids and a nice break from the boardwalk.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank dn1123
Hanover, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Went with my daughter's family on a rainy day. My 10 year old grandson loved this place! And I think the adults learned a thing or two as well. The young man who led us through the exhibits was very knowledgeable. Would go back again!

Visited October 2011
5 Thank slm5605
Rochester, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Way cool, but expensive”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and daughter went in because it cost too much for the entire family, but they really enjoyed it and thought that their docent really knew his business.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank AJW67
Little Ferry, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

At first I was a bit hesitant due to the price and size of the place. We still went ahead with it. It was a great experience. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, a biology major, she explained in detail about every species and answer all of the questions that we asked. My children handle some of the spiders, lizards, and many others. It was worthy it!

Visited August 2012