“3 Years Running Best Restaurant in Wildwood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant

One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 157 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
North Wildwood, New Jersey
“3 Years Running Best Restaurant in Wildwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is our third year dining at One Fish Two Fish and the quality of the food is still fantastic. Twice this summer my husband and I dined alone and once with two other couples. We ordered several appetizers for the table to enjoy. I was not sure I would care for the Oysters since I prefer them raw but they were very tender and seasoned well. I think the House Cured Pork Belly was tasty and cooked perfectly. The way they prepare their Mussels is still my favorite and the fresh local drum fish my husband ordered was fantastic. We shared that along with the scallops were seared to perfection but not overcooked. For some reason many restaurants have trouble cooking scallops and theirs are consistently good. The staff is wonderful and we will be going back soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mary Jane W

pa
“Good, but don't get too excited!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is great for wildwood. But if you are a true foodie I wouldn't get too excited. Yes the food is very fresh which is what they get credit for. However, some items were a bit bland for my taste. The jerk chicken had no kind of spice to it. It was good if you were expecting charcoaled seasoned chicken, but to label it "jerk" is an overstatement. The grouper with a Caribbean rum sauce was very bland with not enough sauce. Yet the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. I eat a lot of authentic Caribbean cuisine so maybe I'm a bit harder to please. But I just want you to be aware that this is by no means "Caribbean food". One thing that did have a lot of flavor were the mussels but that is because the sauce consisted mostly of hot sauce. Almost made it taste like buffalo wings and I'm not sure if that was good or bad. But I was just happy to taste something with flavor. At our table was also steak which was said to be cooked well but bland and there were also crab cakes which were said to be delicious.

Now the service was interesting. When the waitress was actually around she was great. But the issue here is that there are only 2 waitresses waiting on the entire floor and they are also playing the role of hostess and busboy. We also saw our waitress leave out to go next door and purchase ice while we were still waiting on her to bring out our bread. We had to ask for something twice and ask for the check after she saw we were done eating a while ago.

Because there are such limited choices for good quality food in wildwood, I would eat here again. Plus I love a BYOB. But I hope they step their game up, especially considering the 5 star prices they charge.

Note: very limited kids menu. there is no waiting area, u may get stuck waiting in a parking lot with no seating for 30min

Visited July 2014
2 Thank seetheworldb4ureyes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

After reading some great reviewes I decided to take my family for dinner last night . The food had either no flavor or bad flavor . I ordered the flounder daily special , it was undercooked and bland so I decided to try my wife's chicken that looked good but tasted horrible . So not worth it

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mannydmason
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One fish two fish we'll be back for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great evening and wonderful meals. Come hungry or plan to share a salad. The wedge was yummy but so big!!! Rave reviews from our group of 7 on: crab cakes, grouper special, salmon and strip. Love that it's BYOB. Quaint. Solid meals. Good service. Elected to hit duffers across the street for ice cream after. We will be back- it was a great find this year at the shore and definitely worth a return.

2 Thank HollyEM7
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Must Go!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

10 of us visited One fish Two fish last night after glowing recommendations from others. We were not disappointed as often times happens when having high expectations. Ren was fabulous and a lot of fun but the food was excellent. Everyone loved the food and have all agreed that we would return. You really must go........oh and the mussel appetizer is fabulous. So much so that we took the extra sauce home. Sheer genius

• Visited July 2014