“1 fish 2 fish 3 years in business”

One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 159 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“1 fish 2 fish 3 years in business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Congrats on three years in business - surviving Sandy & growing pains. We are locavores & like to support young entrepreneurs. Happy to see the good reviews on various social media this season. Hang in there, chef & staff. I, along with my chef husband & son, visited 3 times so far and will be back again. Keep the faith and keep following your passion.

2 Thank Gratefulami

“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Entered the restaurant at 7:30 with a party of 10. I understand this is a small place but we were shown to a table against the wall and it was almost impossible to sit at your seat due to being crammed in the corner. Even the servers had difficulty attending to the table. All food and beverages had to be passed over everyone at the table. The menu is limited but I had high hopes looking at the selection that it was going to be something special. I was so wrong! My family wanted to leave even before we ordered but I said to stay because from the reviews I thought it would be good. Again, I was wrong! Our server Ren was horrendous. She took our order in a timely fashion but that is where the service stopped. The appetizers were served and were acceptable. After that we were forgotten. Our entrees didn't arrive for at least an hour and when they came they were barely warm. Food was tough, tasteless and poorly cooked. Ren came back once to see if we needed anything and my nephew asked for ketchup which never came. When I confronted Ren about the poor service she was combative and sarcastic. I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager! The bill was almost $400 at a BYOB. This was our last dinner in Wildwood before the end of our vacation. We will not all be together again for many months as we return to our homes around the country. Boy, what a mistake I made picking this restaurant and talking my family into staying. My advice now is to stay away and Ren should find a new line of work.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank GoalieMom74
Folsom
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We tried to go here based on some of there views we read. It was myself, my wife, and my 9 year old daughter. We entered the restaurant at a reasonable time around 5:00 on a Sunday. As there where about 15 tables in the place and only 2 we're being occupied. We were told we could not be seated and would need reservations, I guess since we were causally dressed we were turned away. Mind you when I say causally I mean a nice un-collard shirt compared to a polo or button down. It's a shame I was excited to eat there.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Matthew M
Ryan A, Owner at One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We strongly recommend reservations, especially on the weekends. Since we only are able to accommodate 40 people at one time, we do fill up quickly. We apologize if you felt like you were turned away for your attire but we do not discriminate. We consider the restaurant to be casual fine dinning. Please come dressed in whatever you are comfortable in, there is no dress code. We understand that to some it may look like we have open tables available, however, those tables are on hold for reservations. If we have enough time to seat you and give you excellent service before a reservation, we will. We invite you to come back and give us a try. If you call us we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
North Wildwood, New Jersey
“3 Years Running Best Restaurant in Wildwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is our third year dining at One Fish Two Fish and the quality of the food is still fantastic. Twice this summer my husband and I dined alone and once with two other couples. We ordered several appetizers for the table to enjoy. I was not sure I would care for the Oysters since I prefer them raw but they were very tender and seasoned well. I think the House Cured Pork Belly was tasty and cooked perfectly. The way they prepare their Mussels is still my favorite and the fresh local drum fish my husband ordered was fantastic. We shared that along with the scallops were seared to perfection but not overcooked. For some reason many restaurants have trouble cooking scallops and theirs are consistently good. The staff is wonderful and we will be going back soon.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mary Jane W
pa
“Good, but don't get too excited!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is great for wildwood. But if you are a true foodie I wouldn't get too excited. Yes the food is very fresh which is what they get credit for. However, some items were a bit bland for my taste. The jerk chicken had no kind of spice to it. It was good if you were expecting charcoaled seasoned chicken, but to label it "jerk" is an overstatement. The grouper with a Caribbean rum sauce was very bland with not enough sauce. Yet the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. I eat a lot of authentic Caribbean cuisine so maybe I'm a bit harder to please. But I just want you to be aware that this is by no means "Caribbean food". One thing that did have a lot of flavor were the mussels but that is because the sauce consisted mostly of hot sauce. Almost made it taste like buffalo wings and I'm not sure if that was good or bad. But I was just happy to taste something with flavor. At our table was also steak which was said to be cooked well but bland and there were also crab cakes which were said to be delicious.

Now the service was interesting. When the waitress was actually around she was great. But the issue here is that there are only 2 waitresses waiting on the entire floor and they are also playing the role of hostess and busboy. We also saw our waitress leave out to go next door and purchase ice while we were still waiting on her to bring out our bread. We had to ask for something twice and ask for the check after she saw we were done eating a while ago.

Because there are such limited choices for good quality food in wildwood, I would eat here again. Plus I love a BYOB. But I hope they step their game up, especially considering the 5 star prices they charge.

Note: very limited kids menu. there is no waiting area, u may get stuck waiting in a parking lot with no seating for 30min

Visited July 2014