“Great experience - Captain very knowledgeable”

Sightseer Whale and Dolphin Cruises
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We enjoyed perfect weather for boating. Boarded the ship and experience a great relaxing ride. The captain gave a great overview of where we were with great history. He was very knowledgeable. He gave us advance warning of upcoming dolphins and gave us sufficient time to watch and take photos. It was a great time. They serve free hot dogs (A little undercooked if you ask me) they do have snacks pop and beer. I would highly recommend.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"mate"
"vacation"

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I caught an Amazon Local deal for Sightseer Whale and Dolphin Cruises and decided to try it out. We had an amazing time! The views from the boat were beautiful and the captain was very knowledgable about wildlife and the Wildwood/Cape May area. On our ride out, he pointed out many interesting birds, animals, and attractions in the area. He made dinner suggestions (which we took him up on and enjoyed!) as well as the best areas to fish in Cape May County.

We saw lots and lots of dolphins! The captain and other staff members on the boat were very knowledgable and provided us with a lot of information about these beautiful and amazing creatures. On the way back, the staff provided adults and children alike with bread to feed the birds off the back of the boat. No matter how old you are, it is so much fun! The birds caught a lot of the bread in the beaks and even took some out of the kids' hands. They loved it.

This tour is not to be missed! Enjoy!

1  Thank livingandlovingnj
Reviewed 19 August 2013

On a whim, we decided to look into a dolphin cruise. There was not a ton of information on the website, but we called and got prices for the cruise. We didn't buy tickets online or over the phone, but they said to make a reservation over the phone so they could plan for food. We arrived about a half hour before our scheduled cruise time. We boarded the boat and set sail promptly at the scheduled time. The beginning of the cruise was very calm. The captain was informative pointing things out as we sailed along. As we got out into the ocean, the real fun began! The waves were stronger and the captain knew exactly where we should start looking for dolphins. Then we spotted them. It was such an amazing sight! I was sitting in a seat and one of the crew members told us we could stand at the edge and look. With the waves, we really had to hold on, but it was so much fun. What a great experience!! After seeing the dolphins, we continued on. The captain made an announcement when we would be seeing a lot of seagulls and invited anyone who wanted to, to go to the back of the boat where the crew would provide seagull bread. Even seeing the hundreds of seagulls behind the boat was a memorable experience. One crew member held bread out in his hand and a seagull took it right from him. The kids all knew they could try it then too. The trip came to an end far too soon in my opinion, because I loved it so much. It is definitely something I would do again. The crew was fantastic and the experience was one I, and my kids won't forget.

1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our first time and it was wonderful. The food/drinks was good the service was great. The boat ride was amazing watching the dolphins and seeing the sights around the bay. The captain allowed the children to drive the boat which was fantastic and the kids loved it. The weather that night was perfect so would definitely recommend it if your in Wildwood and your family want to do something different.

1  Thank Sandra R
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We took our two boys (5 and 9) on this trip last night. It was a calm and beautiful trip. The Captain is a wonderful guy who took the time to reassure my 5 year old that there was nothing to fear. Before we left dock, he took him throughout the boat and showed him the horn, life vests and seating. The trip was just about 2.5 hours. Captain Schumann is a marine biologist and lead the tour. He gave us a wealth of information and you can tell he loves what he does. They provided pizza and hot dogs on the boat and drinks were available to purchase. It is a definite calm and relaxing trip and I highly recommend it. We did the 6pm tour and the sunset was beautiful. Oh and everywhere we turned we saw dolphins! Everywhere! There were pods jumping, playing and flapping their tail fins. We were so close we could see their smiling faces. Very cool and enjoyable trip. I recommend it.

1  Thank mama0pe