“Wildwood Vacation”

Ranked #54 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Another favorite that my hubby introduced me to in 1984. This is usually a must visit for dinner just before coming home. We tend to take day trips to Wildwood throughout the summer. Must try while in Wildwood!

There are newer reviews for Hot Spot (The Original)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We love stopping at the Hot Spot every time we visit the Wildwood Boardwalk. The GYROS they sell are the BEST!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Ok, this place was pretty good. Not fine dining by any means but the food is decent, not great. he first time I ate there I had the flounder & shrimp combo, it was pretty good but I've had better. I like a thin piece of flounder and this was a bit thinker (all personal reference I suppose). I also had a baked potato , which was served with no accompaniments, I had to ask for butter.. which wasn't a big deal but who doesn't serve a baked potato without butter or at least sour cream (which I don't eat but butter? Come on?!?!?) Also, no lemon for the seafood.. unheard of from where I come from and the seafood places I go eat at. The side salad I had was pretty good though and the Italian dressing was very tasty. Cole slaw was pretty good, I've had better but I've had worse as well. My husband had a cheesesteak, it was okay he said but beings that we are from the Philly 'burbs, he has had better as well. It was ok though. A few nights later we stopped at the counter with friends of ours as we were all craving funnel cake and we ordered three of them.. i will say that they served THE BEST funnel cake I have ever eaten. It wasn't a thin funnel cake that you get from the state fairs..it was a very dense, thick, HEAVY (weight wise) funnel cake. We thought we were getting the kind you get from local carnivals and fairs, so we ordered 3.. we surely could have ordered 2 and it would have been sufficient. They were delicious and hot... we had a full funnel cake leftover because we just couldn't eat anymore.. sooooo good. Service at the window was very good, service in the restaurant was lacking, no personality on the waitress but she was quick to serve everything.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very fresh! Great rolls & french fries! Very fast & freindly ! Flounder on sub roll and Italian subs were awsome!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've been eating at the Hotspot for 20+ years and this place just keeps on getting better. I was just there last week and I've noticed that the restaurant was cleaner than normal. That's no easy task on this VERY busy boardwalk. The first morning I was there for breakfast, it appeared that they were short staffed. One of the owners was literally running around keeping his customers happy. That's how much they care. The food has always been great and never disappoints. Their gyros are always one of my favorites! I've read a few recent reviews about this place that were not so great and I think they may be confusing this restaurant with some of the other "Hotspot" restaurants in Wildwood, as there are several. This one is right on the beach at #3417 Boardwalk. Try it, you'll love it!

1  Thank LittleItalyNj