“Terrible food”

Ranked #6 of 163 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Restaurant is a full service steak and seafood restaurant, with spectacular views of the bay.
Pennsylvania
“Terrible food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This past summer my son and daughter in law came down with our grandchildren. We decided to try the Boat House Restaurant. The food was not up to our standards, the tables on the deck were very wobbily and with small children I felt it was a safety hazard. The restaurant really should have had more sturdy tables for their deck. When we received our dinner and tried to cut the children's chicken the table was moving back and forth. The food was not that good. The prices were not cheap. Would not go back here again it is a tourist trap.

• Visited June 2013

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“One of the Best in Town”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Let me begin by saying that Wildwood is not exactly a high-end dining mecca. So finding the food at the Boat House so tasty was a very pleasant surprise.
My wife and I shared the Clams Casino and Scallops Rumaki and were delighted with both. I had a daily special of Blackened Ribeye Steak which was slightly under-seasoned (I like my blackened items spicy. I mean, it is supposed to be a Cajun style prep.) It was, however, cooked to the perfect medium-rare temperature I ordered. The fried onion straws and garlic mashed potatoes were a standard, and well prepared, compliment. My wife ordered the Crab Imperial and made "yummy sounds" with every forkful. The wine-by-the-glass list was well rounded with some very nice labels. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised. When in Wildwood, we will definitely go back to the Boat House.

• Visited May 2013
Levittown
“Worst Experience”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went there as part of a tour group. Food was OK but very, very small quantity. Were given some kind of oil instead of butter for our baby lobster tail. (Gross.) Also margarine instead of butter for our rolls. Had salad, entree and dessert served and eaten in less than 1/2 hour. If you weren't done eating, they took your plate anyway. One of the 8 women at my table had juice from her plate spilled down the front of her by the waitress. No apology from the waitress. Another older waitress was very annoyed, and showed it, when she was asked for tea instead of coffee., Only had decaf coffee but told it was regular,. Overall, she had quite an attitude. We complained to the hostess from our tour group but she stuck up for the restaurant. We all left the restaurant hungry, including the 2 diabetics who took their sugar counts when we got back to the hotel and they were low, as though they hadn't eaten anything. We had to stop at the Amish Market to buy fantastic donuts. Other 2 restaurants that we went to were excellent.

• Visited September 2013
BoathouseWildwood, General Manager at Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit with your tour group.
With groups such as yours arriving at separate times in large numbers, we have to run on a schedule for timing of the food. We are sorry that you felt rushed during your meal, it is certainly not how we want our guests to experience our restaurant.
The menu is pre-selected by the group. We rarely get complaints regarding the portion size on the tour group menu, but it is something we will discuss with our management team.
I understand your experience left a lot to be desired. We are always striving to improve our service, and your feedback with your tour group will be taken into consideration. I hope that you will consider another visit in the future and see our product as we intend it to be.
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

What can I say about the Boat House Restaurant? Great service, great food. We were seated outside . That was at are request we watch the sunset. The
flounder was as fresh..Never had a bad meal there. In the pass we had as many as 20 in are party and had great service.Recommend the Boat House to friends and friends.

• Visited September 2013
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent service by Olivia. Food was tasty, and since we got there in time for the sunset specials, it was a great value, too! We had scallops, fried shrimp, flounder, and linguine with clam sauce. All were good to great. Definitely would go back!