“Not as Good as in the Past”

Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Restaurant is a full service steak and seafood restaurant, with spectacular views of the bay.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

When we stay in Wildwood, we usually eat at Urie's, but it was closed when we went this time (mid-week, late May). Instead of going to a restaurant we were told was more expensive, but much better, we decided on the Boathouse because we had been there a few times before and it was good. Unfortunately, this time, I was disappointed. I ordered the crab cakes (broiled), and it was overly salty and greasy. I chose not to get fried crab cakes to avoid the extra fat, but between all the salt and butter/oil, I had as much as I would have if it was fried. My companion had the crab imperial, which was better, but for the price, it should have been wonderful. Also, we had to send back the daily vegetable (summer squash) because of the copious amount of garlic in it; instead we had coleslaw and applesauce. Our waitress was efficient and nice, but the food was unsatisfactory. And, of course, the view is lovely.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing the view is to die for when you sit on the back porch, you see nothing but boats traveling back and forth the calm back bays. The whole family finds it enjoyable. For starters we had cold shellfish sampler which has oysters and clams on the half shell with shrimp cocktail everything came out fresh and was delicious. Next I had the Cesar salad and my husband had the She crab bisque which were both amazing. For my entree I has the blueberry balsamic salmon with green beans with roasted red peppers and my husband had the seafood fra diablo which was loaded with lots if seafood my kids had hotdog and kids pizza both with fries and everyone was happy. For desert we shared the key lime pie and chocolate decadent pie which came highly recommended from our server. She said they were home made by the chefs mother WOW, what a way to end the meal. Overall everything was really good the food was great and our server was available whenever we needed her. My only criticism is the bathrooms were outdated.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visit Wildwood yearly, and we first tried Boathouse 2 years ago. This time, sad to say, the waitress who we requested, Olivia, was no longer working there. She waited on us the past two years we came and made great suggestions while giving us a great dining experience. Anyway, the food was good again this year. The green beans were a bit more oily than we remember but the seafood was quite delicious! The staff was chatty and just standing around which was a bit strange. The scenery was nice as always. I recommend the clams casino and their crab cakes of course! Definitely worth a try to first timers!

1  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We recently had a great dinner here. Chrissy was our server and she was great! Happy, attentive and very friendly. Our meal started out with excellent Clams Casino and Shrimp Cocktail. Then came the salad then entrees. The flounder was cooked perfectly and the crab cake was out of this world. We arrived early enough for the special which was 3 courses for $25 for 2. A great price for excellent food. I didn't have room for dessert so Chrissy suggested I take the dessert with me and I am sure glad she did. The Chocolate Mousse was super.

If you go... go early and ask for Chrissy!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited Wildwood this past week, just before the real season is about to kick off in the city. Tuesday was my daughter's birthday and we knew we wanted seafood. Considering the location and limited selections open we decided on the Boathouse, and I am glad that we did.

The food was very tasty, we all had seafood and the host and the server were excellent and very nice and accomodating. I would certainly recommend it for the food, the staff, and the location; we had a great water view.

We will be back.