“Very good food, VERY expensive, slow service...”

Beach Creek Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$24 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
White Plains, New York
“Very good food, VERY expensive, slow service...”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

otherwise it was very good.

Would I go back? Not sure, there were so many other better places not as expensive and with better service. We waited what seemed like hours for our salad and oysters. I guess it takes 'hours' to open an oyster and wash a few lettuce leaves.

But the place was packed. Go figure.

Most of my kvetching comes from getting a middle table (I HATE middle tables) and naturally, being seated next to a woman who could NOT resist that cell phone call and indulging in inane chatter that of course could have waited until she was out in traffic endangering everyone's lives (I'm SURE she's the kind of person who talks whilst driving) and talking VERY loudly so we, a foot away at best, didn't miss a single solitary word.

So, get a table next to the wall, get one out on the deck (nice view of the water) and you might be okay, if you don't mind a bill of $120. for two, with tip, for two entrees, two starters, one drink, one dessert, and coffee.

Fort Edward, New York
“One of the best in the wildwoods”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were on vacation last week and stopped to eat at Beach Creek. We try to eat there every time we go on vacation to wildwood because its always good. We always get a great meal, fast and friendly service, and a great view. If your in Wildood give it a try, i don't think you will be disappointed.

1 Thank troubleshooter15
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“A third year in a row and a wonderful meal.”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

very extensive menu! Everyone had a good meal in our group of 18 no complaints. I tasted the Pork, The fish but had the Duck witch I could have had two not by size but the flavor was to die for. very good service and my glass was full. Will be there next year again for sure.

Visited September 2013
“We Love this Place!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. We started our evening at the Tiki bar with wonderful cocktails and out of this world appetizers. The encrusted scallops were served with a small salad and caviar, were the best I have ever eaten. We had dinner on the outside deck and, I had the Chilean Sea Bass and my husband had the Baby Lamb Chops, both were out of this world. We have eaten in other places in the area at this time of year (the first week of Sept) and had horrible food and service, but this place never disappoints. It is a must anytime!

Visited September 2013
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good Food in a busy restaurant”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I had the French onion soup and it was very good. The crab cakes were delicious, the sauce they were sitting in didn't thrill me, but it was ok. My husband had scallops and loved them.

Mojito wasn't very good but the martini's were delicious.

Our server was nice but extremely busy.

It was good but not over the top. I may return- may not.