“Sorely lacking in amenities & advertises Wifi that does not work properly”
Review of Daytona Inn

Daytona Inn
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here because the hotel we normally stay at (currently ranked No. 1 in Wildwood) was sold out. The Daytona charged just as much as our normal hotel, but did not provide anywhere near as positive an experience.

Pros:
* Clean
* Quiet - it's a "families and couples" place, with no frat boys or "Girls Gone Wild"
* Close to the beach

Cons:
* The Internet connection is awful. It did not work at all inside our room; we had to sit outside to obtain and maintain a connection. We complained to the manager (owner?) but since he'd already gotten our money, he didn't care.

* The TV is very old, has the chintziest selection of channels I've seen since the old rabbit ear days, and some channels have poor reception. I could have dealt with the TV being old if, at least, it had more than a small handful of channels and if the reception had been good.

* The "in-room coffee maker" was one of those garbage one-cup things, and no coffee is provided in the lobby. We had to drive to Wawa every morning to get a cup of coffee (there is a Dunkin' Donuts on the boardwalk at the motel's cross street, but we didn't want to pay their outrageous prices - and we shouldn't have had to).

* The telephone did not work at all, so if I needed to call the office, I had to walk down there. This would not have been a big deal if it had been the only problem (that's what cell phones are for) but combined with everything else, and the manager/owner's indifference, it bothered me.

* The room was small, the bathroom screamed 1964, and the room was not set up to maximize space; there was no table to sit and eat at. Again, I'd normally not have a beef with these things--they are common at the Shore--but the lack of other amenities made it stand out.

Bottom line:
If you don't care about amenities, and you don't have a problem with the hotel prominently advertising "free Wifi" that does not work inside your room, this place isn't the worst choice you could make. However, it certainly isn't the best one. The top hotel in Wildwood, our regular hotel, is clean and quiet, is the same distance to the beach (about 3 blocks east of the Daytona), has free coffee on the patio in the mornings, Internet service that works, modern TVs with a nice channel selection, and rooms that, while not larger or significantly more modernized, are set up better, with a small table for eating and reading...all for THE SAME PRICE as the Daytona, and in some cases (if you snag a special) LESS MONEY. Why pay the same price, or more, and not get as much?

Room Tip: Rooms are very small. "Deluxe Queen Poolside" has no table for eating or reading; not sure...

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the second year we stayed at the Daytona, the service was excellent, they are very accommodating. Rooms are clean and extras are always available. We will stay here year after year. When another hotel lost our reservation the Daytona was ready to check us in at a lower rate then the hotel that "lost" our reservation. Thank you John and Derek and team for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Had our annual 'Girl's weekend' at the Daytona and had a fabulous time. Very clean rooms and 2 pools. The atmosphere is completely friendly, not only the owner and staff but the other guests too. Lots of conversation sitting in and by the pool. Met some new friends. Good for friends, families and couples, (not for the rowdy crowd). Walk to the boards and the beach. Totally recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I've stayed in several different locations at this motel, upstairs and downstairs and have never...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Reserved our room at almost the last minute for a 2 day vacation. Making the reservations on the phone was very easy. This motel has 2 sites, one in front of the other. The "main" pool and rooms are located right on Atlantic Avenue, 2 blocks from the boardwalk. Very convenient and easy to walk to. The room was clean, not upscale by any means but a decent basic room. However, the bathroom window did not lock and neither did the bathroom door. The air conditioner was fine, not very loud. The pools are very small, especially the second pool. It would be crowded with any more than 5 people in it. All in all I would return only if my first choice hotel/motel was not available.

Room Tip: Atlantic Avenue is a very busy street, try to get one away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pager_12
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked a last minute trip and found this place via Trip Advisor. The room setup was perfect for 2 Adults and 2 Children. We did not use the efficiency kitchen but was more than adequate for a short trip. The place was very clean and quiet. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I, and my friends have been booking the Daytona Inn for the past 6 years. Derek the general manager, Saul Viveros, the staff supervisor and Leticia Morales the senior cleaner (in charge of room cleaning) are all very friendly and ready to assist you with anything you need. The Inn has very clean rooms and 2 pools for your convenience. It is located only one block to the boardwalk. There are grills for those who wish to barbaque. In the past, I have stayed at other locations in Wildwood, but The Daytona Inn has them all beat. Call to book your stay. Talk to Derek and he will make any accomadations your need or desire. I'm sure you will agree that The Daytona is the place to stay for you, your family or friends. Joe Gray

Room Tip: Take a room on the second floor for a great view of everything
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I spent a weekend (August 2-5th, 2013) with very good friends here at Daytona Inn. Now, I am usually a 5 star hotel kind of girl, so I was not expecting much from a classic, beach motel. In fact, I was more than a little leery about what I was going to find. But when we arrived at the motel to check in, we were treated as if we were long lost friends making a much anticipated return. The gentleman at the front desk was kind, courteous and checked us in right away. With a smile and nice conversation to boot. The room was standard, two double beds,small fridge, TV and a tidy bathroom. I was thrilled to see how clean it was! The outdoor areas were kept very clean and neat and there was always great music coming out over the sound systems for people to enjoy during the pool hours. The motel is actually two separate buildings, both with pools. In the back, near pool 2, there were some small tables and three grills for people to use. EVERYTHING was spotless and there were always staff cleaning up and making sure everything was in working order. The first evening, we went down to the front desk to ask about a good, family friendly place for dinner. The gentleman recommended an Irish pub within walking distance, Cattle and Clover, and made our reservation for us. The food was good, the atmosphere pleasant and the wait staff very friendly.
I would definitely stay here again. The motel is about two blocks from the boardwalk and has a Rite Aid down the street, which is convenient when you realize you forgot to pack something. There is a small liquor store across the street and a Dunkin Donuts is right up on the boardwalk for some morning coffees and whatnot.
The only drawback was that there was no curtain on the bathroom window. Being on the second floor, it didn't pose too much of a problem, but I still got dressed in the shower. I did mention this to one of the owners and he said they are still trying to perfect everything, but that is definitely high on their priority list. Personally, I think it should be #1!
Al in all, it was a great, relaxing weekend and we are looking forward to our next weekend down there next summer.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor of the front building. It was a corner room right on the street. It wa...
1  Thank Andrea616