My husband and I stayed here because the hotel we normally stay at (currently ranked No. 1 in Wildwood) was sold out. The Daytona charged just as much as our normal hotel, but did not provide anywhere near as positive an experience.
* Quiet - it's a "families and couples" place, with no frat boys or "Girls Gone Wild"
* Close to the beach
* The Internet connection is awful. It did not work at all inside our room; we had to sit outside to obtain and maintain a connection. We complained to the manager (owner?) but since he'd already gotten our money, he didn't care.
* The TV is very old, has the chintziest selection of channels I've seen since the old rabbit ear days, and some channels have poor reception. I could have dealt with the TV being old if, at least, it had more than a small handful of channels and if the reception had been good.
* The "in-room coffee maker" was one of those garbage one-cup things, and no coffee is provided in the lobby. We had to drive to Wawa every morning to get a cup of coffee (there is a Dunkin' Donuts on the boardwalk at the motel's cross street, but we didn't want to pay their outrageous prices - and we shouldn't have had to).
* The telephone did not work at all, so if I needed to call the office, I had to walk down there. This would not have been a big deal if it had been the only problem (that's what cell phones are for) but combined with everything else, and the manager/owner's indifference, it bothered me.
* The room was small, the bathroom screamed 1964, and the room was not set up to maximize space; there was no table to sit and eat at. Again, I'd normally not have a beef with these things--they are common at the Shore--but the lack of other amenities made it stand out.
If you don't care about amenities, and you don't have a problem with the hotel prominently advertising "free Wifi" that does not work inside your room, this place isn't the worst choice you could make. However, it certainly isn't the best one. The top hotel in Wildwood, our regular hotel, is clean and quiet, is the same distance to the beach (about 3 blocks east of the Daytona), has free coffee on the patio in the mornings, Internet service that works, modern TVs with a nice channel selection, and rooms that, while not larger or significantly more modernized, are set up better, with a small table for eating and reading...all for THE SAME PRICE as the Daytona, and in some cases (if you snag a special) LESS MONEY. Why pay the same price, or more, and not get as much?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 1 block to Wildwood Beach and Boardwalk, The Daytona Inn is a family oriented motel offering rooms with 1 or 2 queen beds as well as larger 1, 2 and 3 bedroom family suites with kitchens. We were awarded Tripadvisor's prestigious Certificate of Excellence in 2013. We cater to families with children and couples over the age of 25. We offer 2 pools, bbq grills, free wifi, free in room coffee and discounts to amusement piers and waterparks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Daytona Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daytona Motor Hotel Wildwood
- Daytona Hotel Wildwood
- Daytona Motel Wildwood