“Very good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Holbrook, New York
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went down to Wildwood NJ for a wrestling tournament and stayed at the Daytona Inn. The Daytona was very clean. The gentleman at the front desk were very nice and accommodating. The pool looked very nice but didn't use it cause it was in April. Walking distance to boardwalk and convention center. Highly recommend The Daytona Inn and will definitely be back this summer and next years wrestling tournament War at the Shore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Colonie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

First of all let me start by saying that guys in the office were awesome!! The room wasn't very big (2 queen beds) but it was fine for my husband, daughter, son and myself. We weren't in the room that often. They did have a microwave, mini fridge & coffee maker, no shampoo, cond or hair dryer. They did have small bar soap. Just make sure you pack all of your bathroom needs. It was a block from the boardwalk and 3 from the convention center. We arrived on Thursday and left on Saturday and did not need to drive anywhere. I hoping to go back again in August and would stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nassau, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

First off, if you are coming to Wildwood looking for a Marriott or Hilton type hotel, do not stay in Wildwood. If you are coming with realistic expectations of what a seaside tourist town motel is, than the Daytona Inn is just what you need. I trusted the reviews on Trip Advisor and booked our stay for the weekend. We were in an "apartment" unit that had a bedroom w/2 Queens (and still plenty of room to walk around), a living room w/a queen pullout, kitchen area w/double burner, micro, fridge, pots/pans, plates, etc. but no oven. Best of all, it was CLEAN, which was my main concern. The family/staff was very friendly, even compiled a list of restaurants that were open, being that it's not really the season yet (Dogtooth Bar & Grill is a must). The Daytona is only a block away from the boardwalk and about 3 blocks from the Convention Center if that's what you are going there for (we were).
What you need to bring: Shampoo, (soap was provided), lotions, hair dryer, iron, in other words, the simple "luxuries" that are provided for you by the Marriott and Hilton, but again, if you are looking for that, find another town because they don't exist here except for a Days Inn that got horrible reviews on TA, so I wouldn't bother. There is a Rite Aid a block away if there's anything you forgot at home.
My only complaint was that the housekeeping didn't do our room yesterday, we left this morning. But, that's OK, I live without daily housekeeping at home, so I can deal w/that. The beds were comfortable, shower had good water pressure, heat/AC worked fine and again, it was clean. All in all, very good for what we needed for the weekend and if we find ourselves back in Wildwood, wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank boysmom2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked a mystery room on hotwire and this is where I ended up. I was surprised (maybe a little disappointed) to have not gotten a name brand hotel, but I'd never been to Wildwood before so I wasn't aware that there are almost no name brand hotels in Wildwood, I think aside from a Days Inn (which charged $200/night) I didn't see anything else, everything's a mom and pop type place.
This motel was nice and quiet, they won't rent rooms to anyone under 25 unless accompanied by parents, so you won't have to worry about college parties. There are two outdoor pools, but the motel is 2 blocks from the ocean/beach so I didn't use them. On site parking is very limited, they claim to have one spot for each room, I didn't bother testing that theory out, but it at a basic glance there seems to be more rooms than spaces, so get there early, claim your space and walk to the boardwalk/beach.
Be aware, the door locks on the rooms are like your door locks at home, you must physically lock them before leaving, they don't lock on the outside automatically like most hotels.
In any event, if I ever return to Wildwood I know this will be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew R
Browns Mills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Daytona on a last minute getaway. I usually stay at another motel, but they were closed. The rooms were very clean and were a good size,the man at the desk was very nice and accommodating. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
West Deptford NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Daytona Inn for Irish Weekend in Wildwood with a friend of mine for her birthday. It was referred to me by my friend Randy who has been doing maintenance and upgrades at the hotel. The place was extremely clean inside and out and the employees were very nice. The rooms are a decent size and everything was really nice and in working order. I was also excited to realize we were only a short distance from the boardwalk! I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone if you're looking for a great hotel!

Room Tip: There are a variety of options from your standard bedroom options to suites and even a cottage!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Serena M
John D, Management at Daytona Inn, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Serena,
So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Daytona! We pride ourselves on making sure our guests have a clean and safe place to vacation and we know our location to the beach and boardwalk helps make your Wildwood getaway a convenient one. Our staff understands that our guests satisfaction is our biggest priority. We are glad that our staff made you feel comfortable and welcome and we look forward to seeing you again real soon! Thank you for your comments!
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a very friendly family owned hotel. The room was very clean and the price was right. We had to leave early, and even though there was a 3 night minimum, the manager gave us a refund. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Make sure to check out the beds. Some may be too firm for your taste.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple