“Extremely accommodating”
Review of Daytona Inn

Daytona Inn
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My fiance & I RARELY get to go away anymore due to his job. Last September we came to wildwood on a whim & found the Daytona motor inn. We then experienced a GREAT stay so we decided to stay again over memorial day weekend & yet again was NOT disappointed ONLY this time even more pleased. When we arrived at the inn We had car trouble & as soon as the front desk new of this they took action by allowing us to check in way earlier then expected & telling us to just go relax/enjoy ourselves while they called local mechanics. We did & things fell into place. I would highly recommend this place not only because we find it clean, close enough to the board walk, & affordable but because they take great care of their guests! :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I went down to Wildwood for Beach Jam this weekend. I was worried I would be able to find a nice quite, that was near the boardwalk. It turns out I didn't need to worry after all. The Daytona Inn is the perfect place to stay if you're a mature and quiet person who prefers to be asleep at 2 a.m. and not partying. I was on the second floor and the inn was all booked up. I never once heard any noise during the nighttime. I didn't hear any of the traffic or people partying in the motel across the street. It was wonderful! I can't recommend this place enough!

The rooms were also very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable as well. The staff are also very friendly. I mentioned my love of coupons to the man in the office, and I walked out with an armful of coupon booklets! He was very nice. :)

The location is also perfect if you're looking to walk to the boardwalk. It is only a 5 minute walk to all the fun activities. If I go back to Wildwood again, I will definitely be staying at the Daytona Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shasharon
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went down to Wildwood NJ for a wrestling tournament and stayed at the Daytona Inn. The Daytona was very clean. The gentleman at the front desk were very nice and accommodating. The pool looked very nice but didn't use it cause it was in April. Walking distance to boardwalk and convention center. Highly recommend The Daytona Inn and will definitely be back this summer and next years wrestling tournament War at the Shore.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First of all let me start by saying that guys in the office were awesome!! The room wasn't very big (2 queen beds) but it was fine for my husband, daughter, son and myself. We weren't in the room that often. They did have a microwave, mini fridge & coffee maker, no shampoo, cond or hair dryer. They did have small bar soap. Just make sure you pack all of your bathroom needs. It was a block from the boardwalk and 3 from the convention center. We arrived on Thursday and left on Saturday and did not need to drive anywhere. I hoping to go back again in August and would stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First off, if you are coming to Wildwood looking for a Marriott or Hilton type hotel, do not stay in Wildwood. If you are coming with realistic expectations of what a seaside tourist town motel is, than the Daytona Inn is just what you need. I trusted the reviews on Trip Advisor and booked our stay for the weekend. We were in an "apartment" unit that had a bedroom w/2 Queens (and still plenty of room to walk around), a living room w/a queen pullout, kitchen area w/double burner, micro, fridge, pots/pans, plates, etc. but no oven. Best of all, it was CLEAN, which was my main concern. The family/staff was very friendly, even compiled a list of restaurants that were open, being that it's not really the season yet (Dogtooth Bar & Grill is a must). The Daytona is only a block away from the boardwalk and about 3 blocks from the Convention Center if that's what you are going there for (we were).
What you need to bring: Shampoo, (soap was provided), lotions, hair dryer, iron, in other words, the simple "luxuries" that are provided for you by the Marriott and Hilton, but again, if you are looking for that, find another town because they don't exist here except for a Days Inn that got horrible reviews on TA, so I wouldn't bother. There is a Rite Aid a block away if there's anything you forgot at home.
My only complaint was that the housekeeping didn't do our room yesterday, we left this morning. But, that's OK, I live without daily housekeeping at home, so I can deal w/that. The beds were comfortable, shower had good water pressure, heat/AC worked fine and again, it was clean. All in all, very good for what we needed for the weekend and if we find ourselves back in Wildwood, wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank boysmom2
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked a mystery room on hotwire and this is where I ended up. I was surprised (maybe a little disappointed) to have not gotten a name brand hotel, but I'd never been to Wildwood before so I wasn't aware that there are almost no name brand hotels in Wildwood, I think aside from a Days Inn (which charged $200/night) I didn't see anything else, everything's a mom and pop type place.
This motel was nice and quiet, they won't rent rooms to anyone under 25 unless accompanied by parents, so you won't have to worry about college parties. There are two outdoor pools, but the motel is 2 blocks from the ocean/beach so I didn't use them. On site parking is very limited, they claim to have one spot for each room, I didn't bother testing that theory out, but it at a basic glance there seems to be more rooms than spaces, so get there early, claim your space and walk to the boardwalk/beach.
Be aware, the door locks on the rooms are like your door locks at home, you must physically lock them before leaving, they don't lock on the outside automatically like most hotels.
In any event, if I ever return to Wildwood I know this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Daytona on a last minute getaway. I usually stay at another motel, but they were closed. The rooms were very clean and were a good size,the man at the desk was very nice and accommodating. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013