“Great for families!”
Review of Daytona Inn

Daytona Inn
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 6 days July 20-26 what an amazingly clean place, very courteous and friendly staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very close walk to beach and boardwalk.

We will definitely be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Sparta, New Jersey

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike S
There are newer reviews for Daytona Inn

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for Beach Blast in July2014
The place was very nice overall! Clean ,close to boardwalk, nice people and 2 pools. We stayed at apt 4 and our friends stayed in regular rooms also.
There was a BBQ grill right outside our door. It was nice and clean safe to use ! The apartment was plenty big for our stay. It's wildwood so it's dated but nice.
I agree the beds need updating too soft for me and mine tilted almost flipped on edge but I'm big guy but never had that happen .
Wi if was horrible it really didn't work. The parking although free, I didn't have problem with.
We never moved our car but our friends did. They should either assign spots for apartments or tell you you have to park outside at meters and hope the cops don't ticket your car which they didn't our friends luckily, lol
It was safe well lit at night and quiet I would stay here again I wish we had assigned spit I would have driven out for nice meal instead of boardwalk food all time or cook our own.
Good people would rate it a solid B

Room Tip: Bring paper plates and napkins case of H20 maybe nice size frying pan most everything else was ther...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We just returned from 3 nights in Wildwood. I booked this place trusting the positive reviews I had seen here, and they were right on target! The room was the small ( single queen ), but was plenty roomy enough for 2 people. Hardwood floors ( very unusual and a nice touch) in the room, and the entire room had been very well maintained. Very clean bathroom, which is something not easy to find at a shore location. The manager was extremely accommodating ( we arrived a bit early, but were allowed to check right in ), and very friendly. The only negative was a bit of a gap at the bottom of the door that allowed the smell of cigarette smoke to float inside, but that certainly wasn't a deal breaker. Central location, and an easy walk to restaurants and the boardwalk. I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeinMD
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Don't go to wildwood, trash,trash,trash. Big fight at location , cops all over the place breaking up fights,punk kids and bums all over board walk , if you like living in the projects of any large low income area, then this place is for you !!! If not stay far away.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank joeydante
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Daytona Inn is our go to vacation spot in Wildwood. We have been coming here for over 8 years now. We love it. The owner & the staff works hand in hand to make sure your stay is very comfortable & pleasant!
Every time we stayed we always have a different rooms. Our recent stayed on July 9 2014. We had a room recently renovated with hardwood floors. The room was very clean & tidy ! The place is dated just like all of the other Wildwood hotels & motels in surrounding areas! John the owner is trying to update the units at a time. Now been a vacation season it's pretty hard. But he said, it's a process !

Our family loves it in the Wildwood. It's a block away from the boardwalk & all the attractions. I recommend this place to all my friends & family.

" Watch the Tramcar Please".

If you love the boardwalk, attractions & sightseeing & hate to walk then get a Tramcar. Tram band it's offered Monday thru Friday That's unlimited rides! Frm 11:30 to 5:30. The cost is $6.00 pp. check! kids under certain age may ride Free?
Otherwise your gonna pay $3 each way! WHAT! That's Crazy!

We love the Tram Band. I have an 8yo daughter who loves the boards & attraction, sightseeing ! We just hop on the tramcar & stop at all the Polish ice cream places for Free Samples!

One more thing, if you have kids & don't feel like walking a mile to the beach with the kids & along with everything you brought to the beach except the kitchen sink! LOL! Then Catch a tram car & go to Crest Wildwood ( life guard building ) which is other end of the boardwalk . The beach is in walking distant ! The restroom are located as you enter the beach. There is also a rinse off feet area as you exit the beach!

Have fun! ( DO WW )

Semper Fi
Art Elly

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank GrillSgt
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights for our vacation. We went off the awesome reviews it got and let me tell you, it was amazing!! We stayed in the smallest room which was perfect for us. One queen size bed, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. John was awesome. He was very helpful when we asked where to go. He suggested the lighthouse of wildwood. Nice little place to visit when it was rainy. The room was very clean. The bathroom and shower were excellent. Very clean which is all I really care about, awesome shower pressure. The pools were great. There was two pools, the main one had more children in it so we went to the other one. The pools get direct sunlight so they are always warm. Didn't smell like they overused chlorine which I like, since I hate when my eyes hurt. The people staying here were very friendly. It rained almost everyday so we wanted to extend our vacation and John was seeing if there was anyway but he was all booked which we understood. Needless to say, we were in the room more than we wanted to be and we did not mind at all. Honestly... Daytona is so close to everything.. The beach the boardwalk and convention center. They have free ice for the rooms which was great. They also have grills and a cute picnic area. The parking was excellent. No double parking or needing to worry about your car getting hit. Several parking lots which was great. The beds were pretty decent also. The owner, John I think his name was, was excellent. You could tell he truly cares for everyone staying there. He walks the place also to make sure everything is ok and gets to know all his visitors. This was a family place, no need to worry about vulgar things coming out of people's mouths which we liked. Like I said earlier, all the guests were nice and polite and friendly. We really enjoyed this place and will definitely be staying here again!!! Thanks Daytona for a great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Fettogurl89
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had stayed at a boardwalk hotel for most of the week and we wanted to stay longer, So decided to look around checked others out and we where looking for more then a room there are 8 in our family so we look for more with their apartments. Daytona has it all John is a wonderful Manager and truly cares about the guest and the facility. I know excellence in the area of hospitality for I am a manager for a Hilton DoubleTree so trust me. I have found if you stay off the Boardwalk and it's hotels and go back a block or two you are much better off. We got so much more then we did with the other, clean, homey, a driveway, a yard, gas grills, and anything you think you may need. I took the time to look around at the rooms and clean and working is what its about. Listen you go for the beach and activity's but you need to get what you pay for for a room this is a great deal. I will be calling and booking for next year for sure.

Room Tip: Large family's rent one of their apartments.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Mark D
John D, Owner at Daytona Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Mark,
Thank you so much for your input. It means even more coming from a guy who knows what it takes to keep a property maintained properly for the guests' enjoyment and comfort. It was great meeting you and your family and we hope to host your family's vacation for the entire week next time you are in Wildwood. I will make sure to stop in and see you at the Doubletree in Binghamton next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Thanks again and we'll see you next year!