“Nasty and low class”

Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Oakland, New Jersey
“Nasty and low class”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

The management was very nasty and the hotel room was dirty. The entire atmoshere felt cheesy. We would never return to this location again. I would seriously reconsider any plans that would include the Landamark Hotal in Wildwood, NJ.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank liz o

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Barboursville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

We've stayed at the Landmark twice now, once in August 2009 and once in August 2012. It's basic for sure - don't come expecting amenities such as a coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, clock radio, tissues, or shampoo. Nor can I argue that the staff are utterly charming - when I called to make my reservation this last time, the guy (apparently the owner) asked me to hold, then put the phone down and, while I was listening, continued his conversation with someone else in the office about what a pit (he actually used a stronger word) Wildwood is and how ridiculous the property taxes are. If I hadn't been determined to stay there based on previous experience, I would have run screaming for the woods. However, it's a decent hotel in a great location. The rooms are large, reasonably clean (although a bit worn), and do feature a sofa bed, microwave, and refrigerator. And for the price (especially if, as we did, you take advantage of the Sun - Fri family special) you just can't beat the location. It's just a couple of blocks from the boardwalk, right near the central of the three Morey's Piers. My daughter uses a wheelchair, and for us, this location is particularly great because it's very close to where you can get the beach wheelchairs. However, I would note that the bathrooms at this motel are not even remotely wheelchair accessible. Because the elevator is a bit temperamental (it was out our entire first visit, and apparently goes out periodically), I would also suggest staying on the ground floor if climbing stairs would be an issue for you. There is a lip on the doorways, but staff can supply a wedge for easier wheelchair access. My last note for wheelchair users is that there is a parking lot between the motel and the boardwalk that does not have curb cuts, which we were able to pop wheelies over with our daughter's manual wheelchair, but this could be a problem for a power chair. I *think* the sidewalk on the other side of the street is clear. Finally, other people have mentioned nightclub noise. We did find this to be a problem one night on our first stay, but not on our second. Both times we were on the same side of the motel (the boardwalk side) as the nightclub, but the second time, we were farther away from the road (and therefore the nightclub), so I don't know if that made a difference. I would consider staying here again, and would recommend it for people looking for easy access to the boardwalk and beach at a bargain price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RochelleRG
Millersville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at this motel for 3 nights, Sunday-Tuesday, in mid-June. We'd never stayed here before, and we didn't know anyone who had, so we were going into it blindly as far as personal experience. I'm happy to say that we were very pleased! It's more of a comfy, clean traditional motel than a high-end luxury place, and that was perfectly fine with us. First, I'll say that the motel is very centrally located, which was great for us. The property appeared to be clean and well-kept, outside and inside. We opted for a motel room that had a double bed and a king bed (a fairly unusual combination, which worked really great for our needs). The room was clean and pleasant, and a bit more spacious than a typical motel room. In addition to the table and 2 chairs that are pretty standard for motel rooms, the room also included a sofa that could be pulled out into a bed - we had no need to pull out the bed, but we really enjoyed having the sofa for extra lounging space. The TV and remote were in good shape and provided a decent array of channels (not the best variety, but not the worst either). The room also included a microwave and small frig, and both worked well for us, and there's also a phone in the room. One amenity we had that I haven't seen much in standard motel rooms was a ceiling fan - it worked very well, however the air conditioning in the room worked so well that we never really needed to use the fan. The beds were very comfortable (note: ours were pretty firm, which works well for us). The bathroom was fairly typical for seaside motels, it was in good shape appearance-wise, and all of the plumbing worked well (including water pressure in the shower). Every room has 2 resin chairs outside the front door, and since our room was on the 3rd floor, we really enjoyed being able to sit back and relax there while enjoying a nice view around town. As for the common areas, the lobby, hallways, and pool area always appeared clean and inviting. The outdoor pool area is nice, and you can see that they take care of it. There were plenty of white resin chairs and chaise lounges, and guests were always plentiful at the pool, and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. There are also 4 grills in the pool area that guests can use - sometimes we'd see folks having a great time (in a respectful and courteous manner) cooking up yummy foods on the grill. Something else that I noticed is that all of the guests that we came across (whether at the pool area the 2 times that we were there, or in the lobby, or in the hallways, etc.) were all very nice and friendly, and really seemed to be enjoying their vacation (which makes me think that that must be enjoying their stay at the motel, as well). And, the housekeeping staff is efficient and friendly. Also, I am happy to say that we never once heard alot of noise or ruckus, either from within the motel walls, or even from outside - everything seemed quiet and relaxing. If I had to ask for improvement on something, it would be the quality of the motel's towels - all of the towels that we came across were rather thin and ragged (dear Landmark: if you could please upgrade the quality of your towel service, that would be awesome, and I'm sure others would appreciate it as well - thanks!). Also, the two gentlemen who seem to always be on-hand working at the motel are not as people-friendly as you usually expect in the hospitality industry - however, they immediately responded to our requests in an efficient manner, and they were willing to help in any way that they could (in answering questions, etc.). All in all, everything was very positive with our stay at this motel. For folks who are happy with clean, comfortable lodging in a central location, I would definitely recommend this motel. Enjoy! :-)

Room Tip: Half of the rooms face west onto the pool area, and half of the rooms face east onto the block betwe...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travlbug2
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

My stay at the Landmark Motel was an enjoyable experiance. The reason I titled it big, Close, and Clean was because the Landmark has very big rooms. We stayed at the rear end of the hotel, but luckily we were on the third floor, so every morning my family and I would enjoy breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean. I said the Landmark Motel is close because it is only a short walk upto the boardwalk and beach. I don't even think it's a block away! The reason why I said the Landmark was clean, was because whenever my family and I got back from the beach, breakfast, or boardwalk our beds would be be made, everything was dusted off, etc. Also, the pool was VERY clean and that pool was big! The wait for check-in took awhile, but there was a TV, a bunch of brochures for other hotels, restaurants, things to do on the boardwalk, and there was an arcade! My family and I got a little carried away, and started playing old arcade games, but when we were finished we sat and looked at brochures and maps of the piers. We were traveling with 5 people, so luckily there was a comfortable pull out couch. I look forward to going back to the Landmark!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Devan M
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We've been coming to Wildwood for years and have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The thing that keeps bringing us back is the location.. Definitely the hotel for you if you are looking to be in close proximity to all the clubs/ bars/ restaurants. The front desk staff could be a bit more "people friendly" and not so much short/ rude with guests checking in. We have had this experience the last two times we checked in. The room was clean but could use some updating. The rooms do have the ammenties such as hair dryer, microwave and refrigerator. Would we stay here again? I would say so but we will more than likely scope out some other options for our next stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HDSoftailgirl89
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I've been staying at the Landmark Motel for my last 5 annual trips to Wildwood. The Landmark is everything it says it is!! Affordable, clean, close to everything and the owners are friendly & helpful. After reading some of the reviews, I must say that I am totally shocked!! Never I have had a bad experience at the Landmark. I recommended to friends and collegues, and all have had a great vacation there. This year, I was pleasantly surprise to find that the new desk person speaks French, which is certainly helpul for us French Canadians that like to vacation in the States! :)
PS: In 98 degree temps, anything would melt fast!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sightseer021
harrisburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I went down to wildwood on a whim and could not stay at my normal place. I thought this place would b cool. First they lied on the phone i asked if they have any room facing the ocean, they told me no that the motel is faced the other way. Well, when i checked in it does have room facing the boardwalk and ocean , second I WAS treated like I am BOTHERING them to check in. This place was so rude , no people skills AT ALL!!!! Then they told me if I have any visitors they each have to pay 10 bucks and if they want to park they have to pay 5 bucks. What is the worst is u have to pay for ice!!! Get REAL!!!! AND ITS ICE CHIPS TO MAKE IT WORSE!!! iT MELTS IN 5 MINUTES!! I will never stay there again and i even told people there about the motel i allways try to stay at. I have never met such a rude and inconsiderate owners in my life. When u own a motel or hotel PLEASE people make you guest feel comfortable and WELCOMED!! Or you will not see them back again. And if you want to grill, you better hope its before 7 the pool closes then and the grills are in the pool area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank padrew

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels