“Great place”

Ranked #48 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Montreal, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It was my first time at Landmark Motel, and it won't be the last.. We were there for 4 nights, the staff is great, we cooked right by the pool, it's 3 min. away from the boardwalk and restaurants, they have nice rooms and a arcade room. We will go back.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank François V

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
chicago,illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family stayed during the very busy July 4th weekend and enjoyed ourselves. I stay at the Landmark at least once a summer and have never had a bad experience. If you're looking to have a nice Wildwood vacation this is a great place. The close proximity to the boardwalk and restaurants brings plenty of life to the area. If you go to bed at sunset,you should vacation in Ocean city.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank olivia6680
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family enjoyed it! We stay there every year in the summer. The rooms are clean. The location is great. Lots of nearby restaurants. The staff is friendly, the manager is kind as long as you don't tick him off. There's a pool and a kiddie pool. Poolside tables and grills. Great view of the boardwalk and ocean from the top floor (not poolside). The hotel has a game room and everything. I highly recommend this hotel. It's the best in Wildwood!

Room Tip: Get top floor (not poolside)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cody K
New jersey
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We traveled all over stayed in the best of places and the worst of them but this place tops the list.

We went for the Fourth of July weekend and as we were parking first thing you notice is the dance bikini club (hurricane)directly across the street. So please be very cautious with kids/teenagers. We were woken up every night at 2am from the sound of motorcycles that were parked at hurricane the dance bikini place across from this motel.

This is a very small motel and tight parking including. The rooms are very outdated and need repairs in various places especially the doors for safety. I'll post the picture. We put table and chairs in front of door just to feel a little safe. If anyone was outside smoking you smelled it easily just from the door crack alone.

The hotel was full with people and kids. Good business for the landmark but there was no respect for the level of noise. People if you have kids please don't let them run up and down the halls, knock on walls or doors, throw balls around, respect others privacy and personnel property. It's not cute it's annoying. So when the excessive LOUD music started at the pool I knew we had to leave early. The kids were hoping to get a chance to swim the last night before we leave we saw the pool filthy. A rainbow film on top of pool and cloudy water. My teenagers were VERY annoyed and grossed out by the place. You make your own choice if you want to stay here but I can honestly say NEVER again. would not seriously bring anyone here or even recommend it. The other things that we laughed about was paying for ice, the air condition was seriously a switch for low or heat, a $10 room deposit is required for the remote control. Wipe that down with Lysol wipes.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank kimkelly27

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Neither my son nor I were able to take a hot shower all weekend. The beds felt like we were sleeping on plywood-I think it would have been more comfortable in my car. Rooms are in terrible need of upgrading especially for the price. They charge you for every little thing. Oh, and don't try to pay your balance with a credit card since they gouge you an extra 3% there too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy L
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. After reserving a room by phone, you have to physically mail them a check. They do not accept credit cards. I would classify this as a true "roach hotel". The rooms are dirty and the white towels are stained yellow. You have to rent a remote control and will lose your deposit if you don't bring it to check out.

They do not have key cards and instead give you normal keys. This would be fine, but when I accidentally went to the room next to mine and discovered that my key worked on that door as well, I was disturbed. After that, I did not feel comfortable either sleeping in or leaving my room knowing that others could enter.

I had positive experience with the women that work there, but the worst part of my stay was the owner. It was obvious that he was in no way interested in his guests having a positive experience. He wants to get his money and get you out of his hotel as quickly as possible. In speaking with police later in our stay, I discovered that he is notorious for finding ways to kick people out and keeping their money.

I would not recommend anyone stay here. There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels in the area. Don't let them ruin your vacation like ours.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Mark S
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Tried to book a rm for Labor Day weekend. Called Sunday before got a rate. Called backed Monday, they quoted the same rate. I gave them my credit card # and booked it. A few hours later got a call that the rate was actually higher and they made a mistake. After a little fuss, I agreed to the new higher rate. Tuesday, got a call that they lost my credit card info. I told them I was upset and gave them the credit card information again. Thursday, I got a call that they tried to bill my credit card and it did not go through. Then they demanded my credit card info again. I told them I would not give them my credit card info again for a third time b/c they kept losing it. They said give it up now or we will cancel. I called my credit card company and liked I expected no one tried to bill my card. They just were trying to frustrate me so I would give up and they could get some Chump to pay more. By the way, stayed there before. The place is now a dump! I drove by and thanked The Lord I did not stay. I stayed at the Brittany which is in a better location, they are always polite, the place is clean, and you get free coffee and pastry for breakfast. I go to Wildwood like most people for nostalgia, have been going for over 40 yrs., so trust me stay away from this place. If you want to go to Wildwood there are much better places to stay, I just mentioned one. If you are flexible, stay in AC and commute. AC is only 45 minutes away, and the hotels are much better...TRUTH!

• Stayed August 2013