“Skip this one, guys, it's not worth it.”
Review of Landmark Motel

and 1 more site!
Landmark Motel
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I was a Guest (as in, I did not rent the rooms, i was an extra person who came down for two days. I had no problem parking far away for free and paying the extra 10 dollars. though, I paid in advance, 20 dollars for two nights. I asked the OWNER , that if i decided not to sleep over the second night, that I'd get my 10 back. He even wrote it down. Turns out, I could not stay the second night, so I went to the office like he said, only some extremely rude woman who works there (mentioned in other reviews) simply refused to give me my money back, for the night that I did not stay. She says that since I am on the property after 11Am that that counts as a full day. Though i only stepped foot onto the property that day to get my money back for the night I was not using. The OWNER himself says that if I did not want to sleep over a second night, that I can get the money back. I then made it aware that she must be the same woman in the other bad reviews of the motel, and then she not only threatened to kick me out (I was leaving regardless) but to also kick out the original renters of the room, who still had more days. Very immature and unprofessional, Especially since her boss PROMISED (I asked him to promise that i can get the 10 back) .

Now, on to the motel itself.

Pros- Close to Boardwalk, close to restaurants, nice pool area

Cons- Not family friendly. It's right across the street form a seedy nightclub and and an even seedier STRIP/GO-GO dancer club that is loud and open until 3AM. I actually saw a drug deal in front of the strip club, which is directly across the street. The air conditioning is very low powered. Furniture is very dated, and the rooms were not clean. Beds are smelly, and old, hard, and lumpy.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank nder1017

Reviewed 25 August 2009

Where shall i start? My husband and i stayed here last year and we didn't have any problems. However, this year my mother in law and her husband came up for the day and the owner told her that there is a $10 charge just for her and her husband to be on the property. Also, on Saturday another one of my inlaws stopped at the front desk to find out what room we were in and they were also told they had to pay $10 each just to be on the property. They were followed to our room and the owner was very nasty and unprofessional.
Horrible experience. I have been to many motels and hotels and have never heard of this charge before. If this is their policy it should be in the brochure as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bsuga
Reviewed 19 August 2009

First time here stayed 3 nughts. Owner very nice room was clean and big.. Close to everything. Loved that.. They are in desperate need of changing there towels thin old and they hurt .. Please get New Towels,,,

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank pattienj47
Reviewed 17 July 2009

The motel is clean, great location just park your car & just the right amount of excitement The motel is has the great location for a wildwood vacation,you can smell the ocean ,hear the boardwalk from the property .Everything Wildwood has to offer is in walking distance.I've been staying at this motel for over 20 yrs. & think it's great .If your looking to sleep your vacation away go to Ocean City .If you want to grab your kids and have a wildwood vacation go to the Landmark.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank olivia6680
Reviewed 28 August 2008

this motel is the best place ever! the only thing is that they dont have two bedrooms. Other than that I love it. when i read the reviews i was shocked because i stay at the landmark every year, except for one year when i made the mistake and stayed at the isle of the palms. I really love the staff. Who ever cleans the pool does a wonderful job. Take my advice and stay at the landmark!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2008

I planned a girls weekend with my sister and cousin and choose this hotel because of its great location…close to the beach, boardwalk, bars & restaurants…right in the heart of Wildwood. Hotel was ok…didn’t expect much considering it was a typical beach motel. Rooms were small and dingy but fairly clean so I didn’t mind it. Very noisy at night though since there is a strip club right across the street…heard motorcycles and yelling until 3 am!

I had a bad feeling about this motel when I called and booked my reservation. I was asked several personal questions like how old I was, if there were going to be all girls in the room…which I thought this was really strange. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude when I went to check in. The motel had a sign outside their parking lot advertising to the public that parking was $10 in their lot for the day. I inquired about it since I knew my mother and cousins were coming down to spend the day on the beach. It was automatically assumed by the lady at the front desk that I was going to try to “sneak” people into my room and than they were trying to charge me $10/person for them to even come on the property…even though I had no intention of bringing anyone into the hotel…just the beach! Now I completely understand the motel’s rules and policies…they are just trying to keep it a family place (which is kinda funny, considering there is a strip club and the Stardust night club across the street!), but since I was not staying there with a husband and kids I was made to feel like I was some immature teenager that was there to throw hotel parties. (I’m young, but I’m far from my high school/college days!) I’ve stayed in hotels all over the country and NEVER had this kind of experience! Definitely will not be staying at the Landmark again! I felt i was being "watched" the whole time!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank pinklady1281
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This was our first visit to the Landmark. We have stayed at many beach motels in Wildwood and this is one of the best. You can tell that the owners work very hard to keep the motel looking nice. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The price was great for peak season. Our room was "ocean side" and we had a great view of the water park and Morey's pier. The pool was usually busy but again, it was very clean. Very enjoyable stay and we will return!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family