“Its wildwood - set your expectations right”

Isle of Palms Motel
Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Edison, New Jersey
“Its wildwood - set your expectations right”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel has many issues -

1. The rooms have 'double' beds not 'king' beds as advertised on the site.
2. There were 2 rooms in the suite - Living room and the bedroom. They only have an AC in the living room, which does cool both the rooms coz the suite is not very big, not not uniformly. If its nice in the bedroom, then its freezing in the living room.
3. The floor was not very clean, dont walk around barefoot.
4. There are no no-smoking floors.

Now, I know that Wildwood itself is not a very upscale place, so if you are looking for a resort-type place to go then you dont come here. There were no bugs and there were mainly families vacationing here, pool is nice, gas grills are available, they have a big fridge, microwave and a tiny cooking range, close to the board walk and entertainment parks. So I guess it beats a lot of other motels around this place.

My problem was - We spent nearly 250 a night on a room, which according to me is decent amount of money. This place is really not worth that much money.

(What I heard is if you come here on weekdays it is cheaper)

Room Tip: the pool is on the first floor, if you want a little quieter room, choose one on a different floor o...
3 Thank Jyoti M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Am I the only one that finds this motel fine? The only reason I am giving this three stars is because it is very old and outdated. The doors barely shut but they would eventually. It looks like it has never been updated. If you walk barefoot, your feet will turn black but I expected that because it is a beach motel. I did not expect a five star motel. The only thing that looks like has been updated is the refrigerator. Overall, I would recommend this motel if you are not picky.

3 Thank Tyler C
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had a room with a broken stove the guy came to fix it and it was still not working unless you keep shaking it many times every time you use it and if you are lucky it would work . big Cockroach was a big surprise in the morning coming out from the kitchen sink. The pool and the location was the only thing that I like. After few days i booked in premiere and it was the best.

2 Thank Insgam

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Plainville, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This motel was filthy and I would never stay here again. There were tiled floors that I'm not sure were ever cleaned. If you walked on the floor with socks or bare feet they would quickly turn black. The maid service was a joke. Food that was dropped on the floor on the first day of our stay was still there when we left. (It was a fruit loop and I left it to prove the point that they do not clean) Once we were there when the maid came and he stunk so bad of BO that our room smelt horrible when he left. The elevator had a horrible smell as well. The rest of Wildwood was great but this place was a dump.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Me and 8 of my friends were scheduled to stay here for a week after making a reservation 8 months prior. The bookkeeper that was spoken to during the reservation did not ask how many people would be in each of the 2 rooms we booked, but said it cannot be more than 6. We show up, and because of their poor bookkeeping skills, they tried to charge us $600 more than what we were quoted, saying we were quoted the wrong rate. They said we could only put 2 adults and 2 children in a room with 3 double beds AND a pull out couch.... They changed their rates in January, but we were unaware and were not notified. We were already priced and paid our deposit. We ended up fighting with them for our money back, after the personnel repeatedly changed their stories and lied to us, saying their manager quit and therefore could not be reached. The supposed "owner" refused to give his name and yelled very rudely at us. After agreeing to pay us back our full reservation and security deposit ($50 pp), they tried to pay us in a check when we were clearly out of state vacationers.

The rooms are old and filty, and there were many damages to the furniture and walls that we saw from previous guests. The sink had no water pressure and looked at least 50 years old.

Please DO NOT waste your time here. It may be close to the boardwalk, but it is beyond an awful experience. We ended up leaving with our money and stayed at Crestview Inn, which was AWESOME! The "owner", as we were leaving, retorted "Good luck finding a place for the same price we have". Well we did, and it was well worth it.

Good luck to you!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stephanie N
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When we checked in, another guest was told no handicap parking and to "just fake first available." Refrigerators were no working. Had to call twice before getting a new one. Food rotten by that time. Pool tiles were falling off and on the bottom of pool. Pool chlorine was so thick you couldn't see the bottom of the pool. Our room smelled like bleach. Back door had no screen so door couldn't be kept open-it was a door and not a sliding door. Frayed cords for electrical items. Poor reception on TV which was DirecTv. Location is great, and for the price it could be a little nicer. Third time to Wildwood and by far the worst hotel we've stayed at. Rusty Rutter (recommended hotel) was horrible. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I went to wildwood for the first time in my life going to a resort area. Expected better but could be wrong since all the motels seem to be the same. But you decide how many stars by your standard yourself by reading my review. First, no key card, regular house keys-ok: it is a motel. #2: tile floor instead of carpet. Ok- resort area, in and out of water, it is understandable. #3: the room got stronger bleach Oder than the pool. #4: the shower water pressure is low is peeing. #5: the sink water pressure is way too strong. #6: too noisy due to the pool or location of the motel late at night. #6: the pool is the most busiest one among other pools in surrounding area. Full with kids and adults all the time. People go there without caps, so, it is dirty to me. No bleach smell at all in the pool which made me think twice and did not go. My kids and hubby went in and they said the same. The sheets got stains on it, not a lot but a little. The blankets too. The bed does not have box frame, instead it lays on the base that is like a table so, the edges of the mattress are not supporting well for a person to sleep by the edge.the AC is by the entrance door of the room and unless open the 2full size bedroom, no Cool air will be reached to the room. No shampoo, conditioner, lotion. Only a few tiny soap bars. The towels seem to be ok but I did not use them to clean up my body. Only to wipe my feet. Refrigerator bottom one is not cold which is understandable. You need to make it full with stuff to maintain temp. So, it is ok room seems to be big for 5, cheap for 5. , and 1car parking per 2suite room. 1blk away from boardwalk where Friday night fireworks is right there. The front desk is helpful for direction, and places to eat. They are very nice. Breakfast is very poor. Milk, coffee, $0.20 each worth of assorted pastries orange juice, and a toaster with bread. Not impressive. But you got what you paid for. If you don't mind any of those, stay there just to sleep without caring noise, it would be ok for you.

Room Tip: Go to #1-20 rank motels