“Good price, clean, excellent location!”

Isle of Palms Motel
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family has been staying here for years, book early as they sell out quick. Excellent rooms and walking distance to everything. The pool is warm and well kept along with the hot tub and kiddie pool. On-site parking under the overhang is nice too so you don't go back to a steaming hot car. Rooms accommodate up to 6ppl which is nice if you have a big family like us...

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Xtina2576

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We booked this hotel last minute and it was one of the few with rooms left at a decent price (which was still way to overpriced!) The rooms aren't all that bad but the AC is only in the front room so the room where the beds were was to hot to sleep in and the front room gets very cold sleeping right next to the AC unit. I can't say the rooms were dirty at all when we stayed but housekeeping never even came in for the two days we stayed there. The fridge didnt work at all when we checked in and we called the front desk and let them know and the man was so rude and told us he'd send someone when he could, 4 hours later our fridge was still not cold so we called back and they simply told us, give it time it will work. This is also not a hotel to stay in if your looking for a quiet escape at the beach. The pool was a nice size but definetly not enough lounge chairs for the amount of people at the pool! Also the hot tub says no children but the rule is not enforced so you may have to share your hot tub with children acting as if it is a pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana M
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Tile floors were dirty my kids had black feet and socks right after check in,I made them wear shoes in the room. I was pleased the room was spacious 3 beds, full fridge and dining table. We did not have a sofa or kitchen in our room. Other guests did not follow rules and were rude. Children in the hot tub, rules were 18 and over, unsupervised kids in the pool. Loud ghetto music blasting from a giant speaker out of some one's room, and people hogging all the free contintenal breakfast, blocking the food line and taking other people's toast out of the toaster. A bunch of animals staying at this hotel. I am all for having a good time but you don't have to be so rude. I would have liked this place more if not for the other patrons. Next year l will stay closer to the beginning of the board walk with more civilized people.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I have to admit with such of bad reviews I was afraid when I opened the door, but to my pleasure surprise I found a clean room super spacious convenience kitchen (everything works) great view
I had two king size bed and 1 double in a small living room with a sofabed
Bathroom could use some remodalation
The pool was clean with a kiddie pool and a jacuzzi ( warm water)
Great spacious recreational area around pool with two clean c
Grills.
The location was AWESOME!!! The best . 1 block to boardwalk.

Service okay not too friendly but polite .
Continental breakfast weak ..toast bagel orange juice and coffee
Game 6 machine
Elevators need a swip and mop but every one is coming from the beach understanble.

I am pleased for what I got I did not paid for a 5 stars hotel but I got more for what I bargain for. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Limarie B
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This place was absolutely disgusting!! The tile floors were beyond nasty- if you had socks on they were black within minutes and I would not allow my kids to walk barefoot for fear of getting some disease. The bathroom was horrible as well-the water from the faucet trickled out, barely running at all. The water in the shower was so hot it burnt my son's back. The stove did not work and the beds were so hard I was so tempted to go and sleep in my car. The only good thing about this place was the girl at the front desk when we checked in-very friendly. i'm so glad we only stayed one night. Never again at this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EricaP1970
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Only good thing was location. Tile walkways outside , looks great , but a death trap after a rain. Pool area was a free for all , no rules followed or inforced. At one point there was one foot of water in hot tub because the TEN kids in it splashed it all out ,while sign says "no one under 18 ". Will never go back !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel has many issues -

1. The rooms have 'double' beds not 'king' beds as advertised on the site.
2. There were 2 rooms in the suite - Living room and the bedroom. They only have an AC in the living room, which does cool both the rooms coz the suite is not very big, not not uniformly. If its nice in the bedroom, then its freezing in the living room.
3. The floor was not very clean, dont walk around barefoot.
4. There are no no-smoking floors.

Now, I know that Wildwood itself is not a very upscale place, so if you are looking for a resort-type place to go then you dont come here. There were no bugs and there were mainly families vacationing here, pool is nice, gas grills are available, they have a big fridge, microwave and a tiny cooking range, close to the board walk and entertainment parks. So I guess it beats a lot of other motels around this place.

My problem was - We spent nearly 250 a night on a room, which according to me is decent amount of money. This place is really not worth that much money.

(What I heard is if you come here on weekdays it is cheaper)

Room Tip: the pool is on the first floor, if you want a little quieter room, choose one on a different floor o...