“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #60 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Freehold, New Jersey
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This motel is beyond disgusting. It is utterly repulsive! Upon check in there was feces in the toilet. I had been there five minutes and was disgusted. Reported this to the front desk and all they did was laugh and say it's wildwood! Like what? How unprofessional... Pretty much set the tone for the trip. Not to mention the amount of bed bugs and COCKROACHES!!!!!! There was a tiny hole in my walls when I checked in and I had told the front desk.They robbed me of my safety deposit claiming the hole in the wall was put there by me. The best part of the trip was Svetlana checking us in at the desk, she was the only nice worker.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank ABroccoli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I went to stay for prom weekend. They had the best prom special. My room was $80 for 2 queen beds, full bathroom, tv, wifi, access to the pool, hot tub, and arcade. The service was good. The security guard was had a bad attitude but besides that I'd stay again

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jiahh1495
Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I think sone of the reviewers are a little harsh. If you want luxury accommodations, I don't think Wildwood should be your destination of choice. Wildwood is about nostalgia. With more and more condos popping up, I'm glad that Isle of Palms decided to preserve some of that nostalgia. I spent many summers in Wildwood as a kid and I am happy that I can still show my children some of the Wildwood that I know and love. I stayed at this motel for a weekend getaway. The rooms were very clean. With the whole bed bug epidemic, we were kind of hesitant to stay at a motel. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The room was sparkling clean. The smell of bleach lingered in the air. Some may be offended by the strong smell, but I was not. The furniture was a little old and the TV's are SD, but that's not really why you come to Wildwood, so that wasn't really important to me. The pool has late hours, which I love. The BBQ area was a bonus. We ended up grilling some hot dogs and hamburgers while the kids ran around. My only complaint is the check out time. I think 10:00 am is a little early for a family, but other than that, my stay was perfect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank MrsHlt
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here the week of 8/25/13 and there was a family that had more then 20 people with them. This group of people were so rude and didnt have any respect for the other guest they took over the pool, hot tub and grilling area. There was even a issue where the police had to be called....other then that my room was clean I always bring my own cleaning supplies and blankets, pillow cases, towles and wash cloths. The location is great thats the main reason why I stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family has been staying here for years, book early as they sell out quick. Excellent rooms and walking distance to everything. The pool is warm and well kept along with the hot tub and kiddie pool. On-site parking under the overhang is nice too so you don't go back to a steaming hot car. Rooms accommodate up to 6ppl which is nice if you have a big family like us...

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Xtina2576
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We booked this hotel last minute and it was one of the few with rooms left at a decent price (which was still way to overpriced!) The rooms aren't all that bad but the AC is only in the front room so the room where the beds were was to hot to sleep in and the front room gets very cold sleeping right next to the AC unit. I can't say the rooms were dirty at all when we stayed but housekeeping never even came in for the two days we stayed there. The fridge didnt work at all when we checked in and we called the front desk and let them know and the man was so rude and told us he'd send someone when he could, 4 hours later our fridge was still not cold so we called back and they simply told us, give it time it will work. This is also not a hotel to stay in if your looking for a quiet escape at the beach. The pool was a nice size but definetly not enough lounge chairs for the amount of people at the pool! Also the hot tub says no children but the rule is not enforced so you may have to share your hot tub with children acting as if it is a pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dana M
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Tile floors were dirty my kids had black feet and socks right after check in,I made them wear shoes in the room. I was pleased the room was spacious 3 beds, full fridge and dining table. We did not have a sofa or kitchen in our room. Other guests did not follow rules and were rude. Children in the hot tub, rules were 18 and over, unsupervised kids in the pool. Loud ghetto music blasting from a giant speaker out of some one's room, and people hogging all the free contintenal breakfast, blocking the food line and taking other people's toast out of the toaster. A bunch of animals staying at this hotel. I am all for having a good time but you don't have to be so rude. I would have liked this place more if not for the other patrons. Next year l will stay closer to the beginning of the board walk with more civilized people.

• Stayed August 2013