“Don't come here after prom” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nantucket Inn & Suites

Nantucket Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Perrineville, New Jersey
“Don't come here after prom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My school had around 80 kids renting rooms at the this hotel. It was after prom and kids brought alcohol. The security guards, ("Serge" is what we called the guy with a hat on) went into our rooms after we did nothing wrong. The guards once in our rooms searched for alcohol and drugs, the security guards are straight scumbags just looking for trouble. In total our school had over $500 of alcohol taken from inside our rooms. Do not go to this hotel. Slimy Snopes, Scumbags, and Dirt bags are all synonyms of this hotel security staff. If I knew we would not be allowed to play music and stay out of our rooms(without alc) on the balcony I would have stayed somewhere else. The Nan'f&*kit' Inn and Suites is a DUMP.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Brian K
Welcome2Wildwood, Owner at Nantucket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Brian,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write, what I as a parent and the proprietor of the Nantucket Inn & Suites consider a very complimentary review
I would just like to recap your statements for clarifications purposes:
1). My contracted security guards confiscated liquor from a minor in excess off over $500 after they noticed you with an open container on the balcony.
I understand you being upset with this turn of events. However, you may want to reconsider your rationale. The way I see it, they saved you and your friends from doing something you may regretted for the rest of your life.
Our recent business practice has been to accept post prom reservations for young adults ONLY 2 weekends in May. The hotel hires professional security personnel which is tasked with the duties of maintaining a safe environment for the peaceful cohabitation of all our guests. We do not permit radios on the property (headphones are a viable option) and most definitely do not allow minors to openly consume alcohol.
Thank you for your comments and best wishes on making the right decisions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stay there love the place along with there other place the Casa del Sol & the prices are reasonable & the people that run it are awesome people would just let you know to check it out also close to everything just off the boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed at the Nantucket Inn & Suites for 25+ years. It is my favorite place to stay in Wildwood. Having only stayed at 3 other places my entire life of visits to the Jersey Shore. The rooms are the perfect size & well maintained with a staff that is just wonderful. I have stayed in nearly every type of room that is offered at the Nantucket but for the last at least 4 years we are assigned in the same room. When the front desk staff sees us coming they have our key in hand. Can't say enough about the place and its staff. Looking forward to our return. :)

Room Tip: They have rooms for all your needs from something small to full size apartments. It's great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tammy J
Tammy,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Nantucket Inn & Suites in Wildwood. We very much appreciated you and the many returning guests for choosing us each and every year when visiting Wildwood. We feel like we need to earn your business every single time and strive to exceed your expectations.
Thank you.
Steve & Dave
South Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

When we go on vacation to wildwood it is very hard to find a place that is CLEAN! And this property takes pride in that, and it shows by the attitude of the staff. Our experience started the evening of 05/08 arriving late past the office hours *possibly*. We weren't sure if we'd make the 10pm office hour. But the communication by the staff was excellent and we were told to just take our time driving the 2-3hour trip and just keep them in the loop with our arrival. No problem! It all worked out to where we got there at 945pm. All parties were happy and relieved. We went to our a room, a king bed with a little table in the room, frig, coffee pot, microwave, and a bathroom with a shower/bath etc. Everything was CLEAN! Sheets of the bed and comforter CLEAN. The grout in the bathroom WHITE AND CLEAN! Had a hair dryer in the bathroom which was a relief because I forgot mine. I cannot say enough about this place except... CLEAN! And that's the way to go. We stayed at the Nantucket Inn by recommendation of a co-worker, best choice ever! It was convenient to the convention center for my daughters state gymnastics meet (4 blocks) and the boardwalk *we could see the rollercoaster out the window*. It would be a nice place for anyone to have a comfortable environment and room for the boardwalk. And I told the man in the morning while checking out, Id rather stay with them than on the beach at another facility. Id WALK to the beach just to stay with them. They really take care of the place. Which is a big thing for me. I don't want to stay in filth but comfort, I'm a germ-a-phob because I work in healthcare, and especially after taking classes in Microbiology I can tell you - they will pass a swab test. I felt safe, the room had adequate needs there for anyone with these issues. *I work along side PD in EMS so I know it'll be recommended to their families as well* Give them a chance. The property interiorly and exterior is well maintained. The staff is pleasant and friendly and very accommodating. They are people human who work there! If that makes sense? I hate going somewhere people cant be customer service orientated with a forceful smile. They were genuine!

And to all the bad reviews on here, you people need to just STOP IT and knock it off! The way you are rating this place is because you are unhappy and cant get enough of " WHATEVER IT IS " - this place is a top notch "hidden gem"

See you guys this summer, we will be back! The selling point of this place additionally is its in the heart of all the attractions.

When the kid approves of a place - that's big for me too!

Room Tip: We booked a room for a king bed with the bare min. stay in #210 It was perfect. Saw they had rooms w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Britain B
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I am the director of the Classics Organization. My group has been staying at the Nantucket for 25+ years at TIA championships. We have booked the entire building the last several years. It is always a pleasure to end out season here.

The management at the front desk are extremely friendly, helpful & welcoming. They are an asset to the hotel industry. They always have smiles and turn the Nantucket into our 2nd home during our week-long stay. If we ever have a problem they are right in it to resolve the issue. It is always a pleasure to stay there.

No, It's not a "five star" or "High End" named hotel, but makes up for it with it's CHARM, Location & the friendliest staff.
The location is perfect for our championships held at the convention center. My members can walk to everything.

Thank you Nantucket Inn & Suites for allowing us to end our season each year with smiles and comfort. See you again in May 2015 when we return for our 30th anniversary! :)
Tom Wisk, director

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank twisk19380
Levittown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed at multiple hotels in Wildwood and most of them are dated and sometimes not clean. I can honestly say that my experience at Nantucket Inn was not one of them. It was clean and front office staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and next time I am down in Wildwood I will be staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Looking forward to another week-long stay this summer at the Nantucket. Excellent location for going to the beach and to the boardwalk -- very clean rooms, very friendly staff and good prices. We aren't looking for fancy -- and we got all that we wanted. The pool was convenient to our room and there are plenty of places in the area to choose from for meals. Great place for a couple or a family -- or just about anyone who wants value and a clean nice place to stay at a fair price. This will be our fourth year.

Room Tip: The pool should be listed as a "plus" and you can ask for a room near the pool!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple