“Dirty, run down, ghetto guests, holes in walls, mold.. i can go on and on.”
Review of Tropicana Motel

Tropicana Motel
Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
nyc
“Dirty, run down, ghetto guests, holes in walls, mold.. i can go on and on.”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Dont waste your money. Any of the good reviews must be from the owner... good try. Wgen we arrived there was dirty sheets outside our room plus garbage. The roons were outdated as expected, but there were holes in the walls and mold on the walls also. The small fridge smelled and had rust indide.
The tiles on the bathroom floor were dirty. I HAD A BUG CRAWL ON ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. The pool is across the street at the sister hotel. The manager seems nice but he should kiss your but because this place should only cost maybe 50 dollars a night... not one hundred like we paid. There were ghetto people staying in the hotel who were drubk and throwing up outside doors of room and cursing late at nifht. The manafer leaves at 10 pm so the hotel is unsupervised. I guess if u r a teenager or druggie this is the place to stay.. Do not come gere with your family.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank jbzx99

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Laval
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I just came back from a vacation in Wildwood and with a couple of friends we stayed a week at the Tropicana motel. I take the time to come and write a great review because it deserves it, big time.
First of all, the owner and manager, Alex, is the most welcoming and generous person I've met in a long time. He works every day of the week, does not stop for 6 months and still takes the time to come talk to us and look after all our very needs.
The hotel could not be at a better place: two corners away from the Boardwalk, just far enough to have peace when comes the time to sleep. The rooms are not too small, contrarely to other motels I visited in Wildwood. It was clean and confortable.
I could go on and on but I will let you guys find out that great motel by yourselves. Don't hesitate and book your Stay at the Tropicana, you won't regret it !

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrancisBcb
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Where do I begin...while this motel is close to the beach and boardwalk, it was not in a very nice section of Wildwood. I was not expecting a five star hotel, but for approx $200 per night I was not anticipating things to be as bad as what my family and I encountered. As we arrived at our room, I found a dirty ashtray outside the door loaded with cigarette butts. When we went into the room, I felt like I was in a time warp. The room was outdated and flat out disgusting. There were dirty carpets, stained linens, cigarette burn holes in the bed sheet, mold/mildew in the bathroom, and rusty/leaky faucets. There wasn't even a clock. The only decent things inside were the air conditioner and the mini-fridge. The door to the room did not shut all the way and you could pretty much see outside through the space in between the door and frame. The deadbolt was broken, and quite honestly I felt like I needed it. All of this was truly a shame, since my family and I had a nice time at the beach and boardwalk. Also, the front desk clerk, Alex, was pleasant and helpful. If this place invested even a small amount of money into renovations, it would do wonders. Unfortunately, we could not wait to leave this motel and will never return. I don't know who is giving this place high marks and good reviews, but they should have their heads examined.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank peachesfromPA
Deptford, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed one night. Room is what you would expect in Wildwood. Very old but clean enough. Good location, but not enough parking spaces. Was told to park in between a bunch of poles. I parked next to them and was told to move even though I objected and said I couldn't get in between the poles. I was told I would get in the spot and to move. I said even if I get in the spot, how am I going to get out? Was told "you'll get out. " Well, after 20 minutes and several people helping me, my front bumper was ruined. Hard to maneuver between all those poles and cars. If you go, refuse to park in the corner under the second floor! Otherwise, typical of all Wildwood hotels, way too expensive considering the very old rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Philly
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This motel was nice and clean and was very affordable ( worth the money). It's not an updated motel, but the amenities were suitable. The location is very close to the boardwalk and attractions. The service at the hotel was excellent, Alex was wonderful. He gave us great food recommendations and he even printed out directions to some of them. Thanks for the wonderful experience

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
new jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Just left today, we stayed mid week, the special was $150.00 for 3 nights. great value, the hotel is clean, neat, and close to the boardwalk and beach. Only negative's; parking, not enough for each room. Also no maid service daily, we received clean towels daily, however nobody made the beds. It's a retro hotel and you need to remember that, this is exactly how the hotel was many years ago. If you want pampering and spa's this isn't the place for you. We left before the office opened dropped the keys in the door slot, hope we get our $20.00 deposit sent to our home.

Great place !

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzie3355
staten island nmy
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My family and i stayed at the Tropicana motel for 5 days. The staff was friendly as were the people staying there. It was very quiet and clean. The staff was also friendly and helpful. I would stay there again. We were sad to leave. We have wonderful memories of this summer spent there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family