“Very poor service. Do NOT book here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropicana Motel

Tropicana Motel
Ranked #24 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Yakima, Washington
“Very poor service. Do NOT book here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was booked for 2 nights in this motel. When I arrived late at night, the motel was already closed and nobody was in the front desk. They had a sign on their front door that had a phone number to call for 'emergency,' but nobody answered. I had to look for another place in the middle of the night. The following morning I called them, and their rude response was, "we are not a big chain hotel, so nobody's here 24/7, and if you really had an emergency you should call 911." Is that an appropriate response??! I was disgusted with their service that I decided to just forfeit my booking. DO NOT BOOK HERE. I saw their property and was appalled with it. Probably a 1.5 star than a 2 star.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank rossmd1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bound Brook, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

These people do not understand the sense of catastrophe
after being attacked by Hiren hurracane and have all my house flooded. I call to cancel my reservation (I paid on full), expecting a positive response (at least 50% return or a good price for next year ..) even something cosideracion to the situation.
All they had to say was that if you can not get to wildwood there's nothing they can do and you lose all your money that is not their fault.
Sure you can not control the weather ....
but about your Attitude

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SandraC515
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I recently had to cancel our reservations at the Tropicana, and even though it wasn't technically 2 weeks before our arrival, Alex was kind enough to cancel the reservation without any penalty. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shakira p
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

it was oudated as expected.... but it is not a place to stay.... the room wasnt up to part. I asked the housekeeper if she can change the sheets , she replied we don't change them to the #3rd day. The dresser had previous food stains on it..... the bathroom toilet had hair on it... the best thing was the air conditioner..... The door looked likes someone had tried to breakin before, with holes all on it... My family and I would never stay here again..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank timah99
nyc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Dont waste your money. Any of the good reviews must be from the owner... good try. Wgen we arrived there was dirty sheets outside our room plus garbage. The roons were outdated as expected, but there were holes in the walls and mold on the walls also. The small fridge smelled and had rust indide.
The tiles on the bathroom floor were dirty. I HAD A BUG CRAWL ON ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. The pool is across the street at the sister hotel. The manager seems nice but he should kiss your but because this place should only cost maybe 50 dollars a night... not one hundred like we paid. There were ghetto people staying in the hotel who were drubk and throwing up outside doors of room and cursing late at nifht. The manafer leaves at 10 pm so the hotel is unsupervised. I guess if u r a teenager or druggie this is the place to stay.. Do not come gere with your family.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank jbzx99
Laval
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

I just came back from a vacation in Wildwood and with a couple of friends we stayed a week at the Tropicana motel. I take the time to come and write a great review because it deserves it, big time.
First of all, the owner and manager, Alex, is the most welcoming and generous person I've met in a long time. He works every day of the week, does not stop for 6 months and still takes the time to come talk to us and look after all our very needs.
The hotel could not be at a better place: two corners away from the Boardwalk, just far enough to have peace when comes the time to sleep. The rooms are not too small, contrarely to other motels I visited in Wildwood. It was clean and confortable.
I could go on and on but I will let you guys find out that great motel by yourselves. Don't hesitate and book your Stay at the Tropicana, you won't regret it !

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrancisBcb
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Where do I begin...while this motel is close to the beach and boardwalk, it was not in a very nice section of Wildwood. I was not expecting a five star hotel, but for approx $200 per night I was not anticipating things to be as bad as what my family and I encountered. As we arrived at our room, I found a dirty ashtray outside the door loaded with cigarette butts. When we went into the room, I felt like I was in a time warp. The room was outdated and flat out disgusting. There were dirty carpets, stained linens, cigarette burn holes in the bed sheet, mold/mildew in the bathroom, and rusty/leaky faucets. There wasn't even a clock. The only decent things inside were the air conditioner and the mini-fridge. The door to the room did not shut all the way and you could pretty much see outside through the space in between the door and frame. The deadbolt was broken, and quite honestly I felt like I needed it. All of this was truly a shame, since my family and I had a nice time at the beach and boardwalk. Also, the front desk clerk, Alex, was pleasant and helpful. If this place invested even a small amount of money into renovations, it would do wonders. Unfortunately, we could not wait to leave this motel and will never return. I don't know who is giving this place high marks and good reviews, but they should have their heads examined.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family