“Just say NO!”
Review of Bolero Resort

Bolero Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I randomly picked this hotel for a last minute trip. I temporally lost my mind and didn't ready any reviews on TripAdvisor before booking and what a MISTAKE. I stayed in the luxury suite and there was nothing luxury about it. Rooms are old and outdated. The hallways and elevator smell terrible. They smelled so bad we used the stairs the entire trip. (What a workout!)The restaurant downstairs has very bland food. The only good thing was the drinks at the bar were reasonable and the bartenders were nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank missgypsye

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have been going to Bolero for the last couple of years in May. Went this weekend for Memorial Day Weekend and it was out of control with High School Kids smoking pot, peeing on elevators and the disturbance of the car that almost went out of control on Saturday night down Oak Ave. The police only gave this kid wreckless driving and he was back at the Bolero. The place was nuts and unfortunately, I will never stay there again... Shame on You Bolero..

Room Tip: Stay in the Crest and avoid the rif raf...
1  Thank koby63
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Went to the bolero with the family for Memorial Day weekend. We have been staying there the past few years when going to wildwood. Never again! The sheets had crumbs and puvic hair all over from previous guests (sheets were never changed), kitchen stove greasy and burnt food remainings, bathroom towels dingy and old looking, and utensils inside the drawer were not cleaned! After complaining to the hotel staff, they didn't care and just said, "that's not good"... Horrible! This hotel needs to be inspected!!!!! Big time!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Collazofam
Reviewed 22 May 2013

It was truly a disappointment. The place has really gone downhill in the past couple of years. The Bolero puts the Wild in Wildwood. No screening at all. Went on a Scout's Weekend but the Motel was our Prison... we had to stay in our rooms so we didn't get high off the pot fumes. We had the same problems last year and were assured that it would never happen again... guess what?! They lied.

Room Tip: Room 202 has a broken bed for 3 years running and I was told it had been replaced... for 2 years...
2  Thank Sharon_P_Jersey
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Having been coming here for 7 years for beach jam which is for young girls Girl Scouts! Well this year people where smoking pot and cursing and having parties with people not stayin in the hotel! Toilet didn't work beds where broke and refrigerators doors falling off!! And dirty!!! Never going back again Bolero is not the hotel not to go to anymore!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Nonehete
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Just returned from a week-end trip. We are a small group of mothers and young daughters who have gone, every year on this weekend for the past 6 years. For the first 4 years, I said the Bolero was great. Rooms weren’t bad, in a great location, some of the furniture has been updated, which was nice. It's a shame to see a good hotel deteriorate in 6 years.
I thought last year was an isolated insentient. So I returned.
This hotel has gone done hill, fast! My room was dirty. They couldn't sweep up behind the bathroom door? Spackled old popcorn ceiling chipping away, decortive pillow on bed had burn holes. Now do something about the disgusting sofa and carpets, they are stained and burned. We could not flush the toilet from Saturday afternoon until check out. We had maintenance out once, it did nothing. First year the girls didn’t want to go to the pool, what a relief! Hotel was so crowded and loud. Guests yelling and banging on hotel doors until 2-3 am. With the amount of young kids, I was surprised the hotel allowed the amount of Marijuana and cursing that was going on, and if they respond and say they didn’t know. They are lying. Guests informed them all weekend long, they did nothing, except say that we would be accommodated. I was not accommodated. I could go on and on, but I will just move on instead. I’ve heard that some of the management has changed. Maybe this could be the issue?
Sorry Bolero, but you just don’t have it anymore.

3  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Wanted a family getaway. We had the four of us my hubby, 20 year old daughter, and my handicapped elderly mother in law. The room was clean, no odors the bathroom looked in good shape. We had a 2 room suite, only hotel opened this early in the year. Pool was closed due to cleaning. Restuarant looked nice but not opened. The fitness room was great! Overall not bad for Wildwood. It could use some cleaning around the grounds and new carpets but it was okay. Becareful when you go as groups go here like cheerleader teams and biker groups. We went mid week off season and it was quiet. GOOD LUCK. Oh by the way,my husband did wake up to a bug bite, No one else did though. Many slats in blinds were missing.

Room Tip: Ask for the towers
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family