“Bolero was fine”

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 24 June 2008

The room was very clean. They are outdated, but very clean. I didn't use the pool or hot tub. There is a bar in the hotel, and music plays until 2am. If you have kids, this might not be the best place to stay. The staff was nice for the most part.
If you stay at the Bolero, your best bet would be the hotel section.

You can't beat the location.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2008

I was terrified when I found out this was the hotel my husband booked because of the reviews I'd read. I'm happy to say that we had no major problems. Don't expect a 5 star hotel - it's your typical beach hotel with the typical beach hotel problems, nothing out of the norm. Hot tubs were a little dirty, but the pools were great, rooms were clean and the bathrooms were recently remodeled and beautiful. I've stayed in many of the hotels / motels in Wildwood and this was by far the best one I've visited. We have a slight problem with ants in the first room they gave us, but a quick trip to the front desk and the manager quickly solved the problem. I was expecting a can of bug spray - actually my thought was, ok so here's the real experience everyone's been talking about. Instead, he volunteered to help us move all of our belongins to another room. Mind you, we traveled with our two year old, so there was a lot of stuff to move at 11 pm, but he did it with a smile.

Fitness club was very nice and the gentleman supervising the area did a great job settling down unruly kids and was very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2008

We could not have been more disappointed.
My girl and I attended a wedding at the Bolero.
They really are stretching the truth when they say 'resort and conference center'!!
The place is straight out of the 1950'S - old and in need of a good make over.
I had to send a check to them in the mail since they would not take a credit card reservation, that should have served as the first warning sign.
Next upon check in they REQUIRE a $20 CASH deposit for the room keys and the TV remote.
The TV was barely worth $20.
They preferred that I pay the balance of my bill in cash but I wanted to use my AMEX which gained me a look of distain.
In this day most all travelers use credit cards.
Since you have mine on file why the forced cash deposit for a room key?

The room was outdated with horrible beds, smelly, worn and broken furniture, no switch plate covers and the carpet was actually sticky.
That was the better of the two rooms offered.
We should have stayed at a nearby property since there were many within walking distance of the Bolero.
The outside pool was not filled and the 7th floor indoor pool was dirty.
I would not even go into the hot tubs since you could not see the bottom the water was so filthy.
The towels were small and stiff and on the second day the maids did not replenish the ones we used.
When I went to the front desk (phone in the room did not work) I was debated as to how the maids usually always leave fresh towels.
Now why would I walk down 3 flights of stairs and half a city block to ask for towels if I had any??

No toiletries at all, no hair dryer available (not even for a DEPOSIT FEE)
Now how hard is it to go the local Rite-Aid and buy a few $20 hair dryers to lend to guests.
Of course that is the attitude of the employees there, basically take it or leave it.
My girl had to go to the 'spa' to use a hair dryer.
She was gawked at by the help and then saw them looking at half naked women on the internet.
She was totally shaken by this and we could not wait to leave.

The poor experiance at the Bolero spoiled our weekend get away for my friends wedding.

With so many hotels to choose from in Wildwood your money is better spent elseware.
This place needs a total remake, especially since they still charge over $100 per night.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wharfside
Reviewed 14 April 2008

Let start out by they wanted everything paid in cash. Thats a great sign that they know that it will be harder to give a refund. I went to this place for a family reunion and though we were there to have a good time. The bar manager would not stop hawking us he even had the guts to tell my kid they could not eat the food without an arm band, this is a little kid. The rooms were old and nasty in the hotel part, they had these god awful dirty tubs in the second part of the room? The floor was stained and dirty, the tvs were old and fuzzy, the internet could not be found. The elevator sucked, always packed and took at least 10 minutes to show up and when it did it was jammed. So on our second night I went down stairs to order some food from the restauruant and the bar tender said I had to find a server. 15 minutes later I finally found one and ordered some food. Here I am standing waiting for the food and this mob boss looking manager Kevin says I can't drink outside drinks at the bar. I was standing by the door on the other side of the bar far far away just waiting for food from his restaurant. I spent $150 in this dump bar the night before, but I guess that means nothing. The outside part of the Bolero was gorss. The pool was green with tires in the bottom, the paint was chipped everywhere and the rooms had a rotten odor. THIS PRICE IS WAY OVERPRICED AND I DID NOT FEEL SAFE. DO NOT STAY HERE, WAY OVERPRICED AND GROSS. THIS BUILDING SHOULD BE KNOCKED DOWN. Where do they staff this place from the local WORK RELEASE!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2008

first of all when we got to our room the outlets on the wall did not have a cover then my children got up in the morning and we could not figure why they kept itching all night so we pulled the blankets off the bed and there was bugs so we called to the desk for someone to come up the exact words to us were its only one bug that we can see so we will spray the room and put new sheets on your beds the manager would not even talk yo us so one of the workers told us that the owner lived in the building but he would not talk to us so we left for a while and came back they shut our phone to our room so we could not call them again so my husband went to the desk the manager would not talk to us yet and told one of the other workers to relay a rude message to us then in the resturant the wait staff dont even give you change the pool has so much chemicals in it my daughter cryed from the burning in her eyes this is the worst place ever

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 23 March 2008

DO NOT stay in the motel section!! Smells very badly ! Floors were very dirty! DO NOT TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF WHILE IN THE MOTEL ROOM! or you will have Black feet or black socks! The Motel rooms are very noisy, you can hear all of the noices from the outside parking area. There is very limited parking. The Hotel Restaurant was not staffed properly, lots of empty tables and not enough servers. Front desk staff very rude and not friendly. Had to leave a $ 10.00 deposit for a room key. Indoor pool area's floor had 2" of water on the floor and the poor water smelled badly. The hotel will only rent out the six floor Hotel rooms which is their best to parties with no children! We booked and paid for the Hotel section and was put into the Motel section. This hotel/motel makes you prepay for you stay...buyer beware!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank mycats4
Reviewed 3 October 2007

Staff was great, excellent food, room was great except next time I will not get the one with the hot tub because I didnt even use it. My family had the best time here, and believe me for the price it was worth it, we have stayed in the Crest for 3x the amt of money to have a filthy moldy room with a rude front desk, dirty pool, not close to the rides or attractions. When we stayed here we were in the actual hotel part, not motel,l if this helps, the motel part didnt look that impressive but we had the best time in the indoor pool in the evening between the temp of the water and that view was great! Only thing I didnt like was that the weight room was above my room and they kept dropping weights and the whole floor would shake but I spoke to them right away and they said the gym is only opened limited hrs so you dont have to worry about that first thing in the AM.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business