“Party Hotel Not Safe For Families.....” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bolero Resort
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
“Party Hotel Not Safe For Families.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and never had a problem but after a 7 year hiatus I decided to stay here for part of the Memorial Day Weekend. We arrived Thursday 05/22/14 everything was good but come Friday the craziness of the young teenage crowd staying there was obvious. I do recommend to stay on the inside rooms instead of the outside motel rooms that seems to be where most of the rowdiest kids stay. I was there with my young son coming off the boardwalk close to the hotel and a group of African American kids blocking the walkway as I walked on thru them one of them knocked into me for spite and when I looked at her she asked if I wanted to fight her. I told her I don't fight little girls which I was probably old enough to be her mother. My son was scared. I proceeded into the hotel, my cell phone was dead so I couldn't call police because a crowd of them were following me. They gathered outside the hotel and the girl was still yelling while I was in the lobby come out here and fight. I told the front desk guy to call cops that I am being threatened and the guy wouldn't call he said he couldn't do that and that the cops don't care down there and that they wouldn't come. Which I beg to differ cause I use to own a home in Wildwood and know the cops usually don't fool around with trouble makers. Needless to say I was forced to go to my room with my son so I wouldn't be jumped by a bunch of disrespectful kids. Told the front desk staff upon my check out and they still didn't care. Ignored me and just said oh really?? I really think they didn't want to have cops come there to draw attention to their hotel. I would not recommend this place. They don't care about the safety of their guests. Here I noticed those same girls were in one of the motel rooms outside staying there. This is who they rent their rooms too trouble makers. Guests be aware when booking here it is not safe!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Ang19015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Took the family for a weekend getaway here, have stayed there several times before and will go again. The place is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool, an outdoor pool and it is walking distance to everything that is good in Wildwood. We love it because we park the car once when we are there and we don't get back in the car until we leave. Great place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BoleroResort, General Manager at Bolero Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review. It is our goal to exceed your expectations. As a repeat guest, there is no greater reward for us than to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to serving you again.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

And that's only my first complaint. This bed would make Fred Flintstone's concrete slab look like a brand new Sealy.

Anyway, this was my first trip to Wildwood, and I wasn't too familiar with the area, so I did a lot of looking around before I settled on this "resort." Wish I would've kept looking.

After check-in, we waited about fifteen minutes for the one solo elevator that services seven floors (we were on the sixth and had much luggage, otherwise we would've hoofed it). You'll probably go through an entire life cycle before you get to the top. It seems that the elevator is greased with molasses instead of an oil, because it travels ungodly slow.

Once we got to the room, we looked around. The bed was low to the ground, so I already knew before I even got on it that I was in for a special treat. At first glance, didn't look too shabby. Separated rooms, nice bathroom, etc. Just about to sit on the couch, until I noticed some stains and three tears in the fabric. No thanks.

Above the mirror in the bathroom, was what appeared to be a dried up spitball just chillin' there. Curiously, I grab another tissue to throw it away (you know, thought it was just overlooked during the last cleaning session). Nope, that dried up piece of tissue was there to plug a hole in the wall. Classy. Talk about a cheap fix.

My biggest complaint, that trumps everything... was the shower. The water would constantly fluctuate from luke warm to hot every fifteen seconds or so. Whatever, that's tolerable. What was absolutely terrible was the GOD AWFUL screeching sound that accompanied the transition. It's like a water heater screaming for dear mercy. It was wonderful the one morning when my partner was showering, and I was trying to snooze for a bit longer. That noise could wake the dead. Absolutely terrible.

All in all, you could get much better amenities for the price in Wildwood. This is most certainly a poor man's resort with a steep price. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: None. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Andrew4812

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Williamstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over Mother's Day weekend with our 18 month old son. At about 3:30am on the second night, a couple of strangers used a key to enter our room. The only thing management has to say for themselves is that the front desk girl was new, as if that excuses the endangerment of my child. They do not seem to realize that having strangers enter the room where your child is asleep during the night is literally a parent's nightmare and have done nothing to try to rectify the situation. I have brought this issue up in person and over the phone but have not been able to speak to the manager directly. Not only is this incident absolutely unacceptable, but the staff and management have been completely unapologetic. I am disgusted and we will never go back to this hotel.

16 Thank JSawyer625
New York City, New York, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Overall this hotel is just average, but the indoor heated pool and jacuzzi make it the best bet in Wildwood prior to the summer, especially if you have kids. The room made the best use of space but it was nothing special.
The pool and jacuzzi was amazing. Kids had a blast playing there, especially with the frigid 50° temp outside. Their gym was the best I've seen in all my travels around the world. Felt like a commercial gym with everything you would want to maintain your routine on vacation.
With only one very slow elevator, the stairs were the best bet for moving around quickly. Staff were friendly and helpful, so no complaints there.

Overall, this hotel gets extra points for their indoor pool and Gym, but the room felt cramped and the decor was a bit too old school for my taste. I would definitely recommend it to families with kids, especially prior to the warm summer months.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

They advertise high speed internet ,but I could only log on once one morning but I and couldn't log on Friday Saturday or Sun morning before I left this hell hole. I had to go down to the desk since the room phone didn't work . They are trained at acting surprised when you tell them there's no internet . I was sent to the hotel's café to get a connection ,so I could get my e mail so each day I had to sit in the café to download e-mail , the waitress got a little fussy when I went down thee one night because the R&R band was about to start and I was taking up a seat . Also they will only allow one car to park, a second car must be parked on the street 2 blocks away . It was a terrible weekend being disconnected from friends and the college where I teach. The price is cheap but it's still not work it , pay a little more and find a better hotel. This place rates 5 suction cups .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Chuck N
North Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel restaurant and bar very clean, large area, upstairs and downstairs, live ET on certain nights and the food we had was very good. Need more bartenders and waitstaff on duty during conventions or weekends. Now the hotel itself is just ok. The towers are a real pain to stay in esp if you have alot of luggage...for the size of the hotel they ONLY have 2 SLOW elevators; add a lot of people and takes you close to an hour to get out of your room and downstairs. Hotel clientele at desk were pleasant but if you need to make many trips to your room from restaurant and vice versa...you are either walking the stairs or waiting and waiting on that elevator. Location in town convenient to other restaurants and boardwalk. So as you can see, the place has its ups and downs...excuse the pun!

Room Tip: Stay in the motel portion of the resort and NOT the towers to avoid the elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends