“Horrible Owner”

Ranked #49 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Monroe, New Jersey
“Horrible Owner”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Frank was by far the worst owner of any hotel that I have personally stayed at. He came by often for no reason at all and did not allow us to party freely since the bed sheets were not completely covered (occured while we were sober). He is rude and is nearly impossible to reason with. I would never stay at this hotel again. Ruined my weekend and my entire vacation.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Daniel C
Frank M, Owner at Mango Motel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
This is same group I responded from previous review . A group of 25 yrs olds down for Frisbee tournament . They partied all night till 4 am .They spilled beer on brand new mattress after removing all bed coverings from bed ?? They broke mirror in bathroom , and lost there security deposit . After I informed guest that security deposit was lost to pay for damage , they informed me that they were going to write BAD reviews. I offered them a clean room ,a nice place to stay and they did not respect property or other guests.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with our stay. We rented one of the apartment suites for our family. Short walk to the beach/boardwalk. Balcony was in the shade all day. Was able to watch the fireworks on Friday from it. The front desk/office is not staffed but owners returned messages in a timely manner. House keeping staff is awesome! Clean, comfortable, we will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank John J
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I are on a very tight budget, but it was me and my husbands 5 year anniversary and we thought we'd make a small trip out of it, and my mom and sister came as well. It was our 1st trip vacation in 5 yrs. Being that we are on a budget, we appreciated the inexpensive prices at the Mango. We booked a double room and a single queen rm. upon arrival, we find out that the double room for my mom and sister is a tiny shoebox of a room with One double bed under a stair case right in front of the trash containers. When my mom, an elder lady, slightly hard of hearing and with an accent in English expressed her annoyance with the situation, a RUDE man named Frank raised his voice at her and pointed at her with his finger and told her to Quiet now and gave an ultimatum either stay in the room and leave him alone, or pay an extra $85 and get a room with 2 beds or we can check out and leave. Not even an appology was extended from that man for the misunderstanding. Just yelled and was overly rude. The rm with the queen bed was a bit larger, hut still dingy. Sheets were not too clean, I had brought sheets with me from home so I just put those on the bed. There were 2 hairs between the towels in the shower. Also, when I called the hotel to confirm my reservation, they said they were 1 Block from the boardwalk, but they are 2 blocks... I felt deceived and disrespected. This was the 1st impression of what are I only vacation would be. I was very said, my family was upset, even tho it's cheap I wouldn't stay there again. I'd rather stay home than be disrespected like that again.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Jewls10

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Plains, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I would have to say that the owners, Frank and his wife, are angels from heaven. After getting stuck out of town I had to forfeit a night at the Mango Motel that was paid for. I spoke to Frank and asked if he would let me know if he had any cancellations so that I would be able to stay another night. Well, Frank did better than that!! He and his wife gave us a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath condo for free!! The condo was absolutely beautiful! I will definitely return to the Mango Motel again because Frank and his wife are such wonderful people. They went above and beyond for us and I will always be thankful to them. Perfect Vacation!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chrisbekele
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I found this motel on booking.com and have to say for our first time visiting Wildwood (myself, my best friend and my 2 small children), this was definitely a great place with great accommodations! The owners were extremely friendly and helpful, you cant find a better rate in this area (we looked), close to the beach and boardwalk, convenient parking and nice atmosphere. I cannot wait to go back and will definitely be staying at Mango Motel again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Valaree000
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great service! Clean! Management was kind and helpful at every turn! This place is clean and close to everything and extremely affordable! For sure booking another stay before I even leave!! Nothing was wrong other than i couldnt stay longer! Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Jackie814
Philadelphia
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband Kenny and my son Nick and I are scheduled to vacation at the Mango from June 30 to July 5th 2013, we have had these reservations since February! On May 7th my husband passed away suddenly, but before he died he made me promise to bring our young son on vacation, well to make a long story short my sister who is on a walker is going to accompany me on this trip and we were booked on the 2nd floor and when I asked if possible to be switched Kathy (owner) was more than helpful and very comforting. This is the reason we want to continue to vacation at the Mango the owners are fantastic and our stay last year was wonderfull for me my husband and our son. Thank you again to Kathy and Frank!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family