“cant beat this hotel great stay and 1 block to beach!”
Review of Mango Motel

Mango Motel
Ranked #54 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Winter Garden, Florida
“cant beat this hotel great stay and 1 block to beach!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

when I first saw place didn't think much of it then I met frank the owner true genuine man showed me and my cousin a room it was amazing for the price new beds clean rooms. pool was warm clean hot tub was hot and relaxing.the owner lives on properety so theirs always some 1 their to assist.im booked for nextyear I will never stay any where else period.

Room Tip: for the money u cant go wrong its small but a step above the rest staff is extremely kind if you hav...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thedude153

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Room appeared clean, until I went to lay in my bed to sleep and the sheets were not changed, and filled with sand. My boyfriend and I had to sleep on top of the covers, and there was no staff on sight to request for new sheets. Ants were crawling on the bureau as well. There was also no shampoo, conditioner, or body soap available in the bathrooms. I suggest finding a different hotel that actually changes their sheets and has staff on sight if you need accommodations (towels, soap, shampoo, NEW SHEETS).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Samantha J

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The pictures of the motel looked okay and we were still searching for a place to stay. The place was given 4 stars so I though this would be a bargain. Except once we got there the room was VERY DIRTY. No one wanted to sleep here or take a bath. The bathroom smelled horrid and the floor was very sticky. There were 3 flies in our room and it was un sanitary. I remember coming back to motel and not looking forward to taking a bath or sleeping. The only part that was play was the pool and jacuzzi. Also the motel says they have wifi except the wifi on
Y has 1 bar and it is extremely slow it doesn't load. You can't use the wifi. This motel deserves 1 star.

Room Tip: They said they have wifi except it didn't work Don't come to this motel
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Reopen K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We just got back from our stay at this hotel and it was DIRTY! It was the kinda place you stay at that you don't even want to lay under the covers! We only stayed a few days but if we were there longer, we would have left to find another hotel. We rented one of the "apartments". There were bare wires hanging in the hallway, the bathroom had about an inch of dust in the corners and there was still food left in the refrigerator from the last people or longer! At night you could hear the wind howling through the walls! TV didn't work, no phone or clock. Out room was only cleaned once and that was at 5pm the day before we left! Save your money. We would have been better off in out car!

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank frankdogg1
Waterloo, New York
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed last August and the room was filthy ! The beds are unstable and uncomfortable.There is no wi fi . Ants everywhere,mold everywhere .had to beg for clean towels and the room to be cleaned.Owner could have cared less .WE had to park at another hotel and it was a hassle .Ruined our vacation and for the 130 a night it was a total rip off

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank tammy b
Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My 12 year old son & I arrived on 6/30/13 very early for check-in and Kathleen very graciously gave me a room to put our luggage in while we waited. This is my second year staying at the Mango, I stayed in room 10 which was wonderful with a mini kitchen, table & chairs, very clean and the maid service is wonderful. I don't understand all the bad reviews toward Frank & Kathleen and the Mango Motel. It is priced right, very clean, with a great patio area with a bar-b-que that Frank has all the cooking utensils and he would even light it for me! My sister and niece came to visit and were also impressed with this motel. It is in the center of all the clubs, diners, and you can see the boardwalk from the pavement! I can't wait until next year to stay there again, I have stayed at other motels, but none where the owners make you feel like family. I suffered a loss in May when my husband suddenly passed away and I cannot tell you how comforting Frank & Kathleen were and concerned for my son and his well-being.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 10 which is an efficiency, beds were great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at the motel with my 4 other friends we had room 10. It had 2 double beds and a mini kitchen. The room was clean the staff is friendly.
I asked the maid for extra towels and she gave them too me, made sure I had everything I needed.
The pool looked clean (I did not go in it) and they have a hot tub, that looked clean also.
For a motel this is exactly what you get, nothing fancy but ok for a stay. I stayed 2 and a half days. I would rent it again if I had to but I personally preferred something closer to the boards. It is about one and a half/2 blocks to the boards. Having knee problems for myself is the only reason I'd pick something closer but overall a good stay and good bargain.
I went for Irish weekend.

Room Tip: Parking fills up fast.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends