“Last Year”

Ranked #58 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Last Year”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have been staying at the Caprice Motel for 9 years. This was our last year staying there. Our manager the last 8 years was a wonderful woman who "took care of things". The owner made a terrible mistake letting her go to save money. The new manager was not friendly or welcoming, I never saw him come outside to speak to the guests around the pool like the previous manager did. I witnessed the pool be cleaning 1 time in the 13 days we stayed there. In the past, the manager made sure the pool was cleaned on a daily basis. In fact, my husband was at our doctor today and he has a bacterial ear infection from the pool. Our maid emptied trash, made the beds & left us clean towels....no cleaning was done. About 5 days in we finally asked her if she could sweep and mop the floor, this should NOT happen! There are many families who are "regulars" that we've seen year after year since we all go the same week coincidentally. No one, and I mean NO ONE was happy this year.There was a lot of chatter outside at the pool and everyone will be looking for a new place to stay next July. A family that had 4 rooms, yes, 4 rooms, that's a lot of $$$$....the went to the store and bought a swiffer wet jet and bleach to clean their own floors!!! Guests should not have to do that to feel clean!! I believe the owner just doesn't care about anything but the money. In fact when my Mom approached him to ask a question, he LIED and said he was part of maintenance!! I know who he is, like I said, we've been there 9 years!!! It just proves he doesn't want anyone to know he's the owner because of the complaints!! This was such a great location to the boardwalk too!! Time to move on.

Room Tip: Find a different motel!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Chrissy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Sayreville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The owner/manager is unprofessional , the website is mis-leading. He ruined my daughters PROM weekend!! First of all , we not aware of a $50.00 SECURITY DEPOSIT PER PERSON FOR PROM weekends .... It is NOT stated on the website nor were we told... They arrived with a budget in mind... although management said the money would be returned upon inspection of the room , he then insisted that they pay an additional rate for two people in existing double bed when the website CLEARLY states the room is for 4 guests.... which made the room $160 a night (in wildwood NJ REALLY????)he then held their deposit they were promised back if room was in good conition ( thank god I had my daughter take Pictures ???? I never stayed anywhere I was charged additional for 2 people that were apart of the 4 staying .... many parents felt the owner SCAMMED the kids to make more money PROM weekend, several of us spent over hours on the phone with the owner to be put on hold constantly , he had no good answer for us and insisted they pay an additional room rate!!!! Thats INSANE !!! Most motels increase rates during on holidays and or peak season , however not double the rate for 4 people to stay in a room that holds 4 ???? It was suppose to be a great weekend for these kids who are starting a new chapter in life and the Caprice motel made it stressful and a horrible experience They will never forget !!! clearly the owner took advantage of these 18 and 19 year old young Adults !!!! I would never recommend this motel to anyone nor will I ever stay here...It was Terrible !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
13 Thank annoyedmom68

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Good location to boardwalk if you have teens! Not a nice room. Pull out sofa bed had dirty sheets. Had to ask for new sheets and put them on myself. I would have been mortified if i was the desk clerk, but she didnt seem to care much. Maybe they are used to dirty sheets. Never again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank nancy c
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 September 2012

i never been to wildwood what time can me and my family check in for our room bc we live in pennsylvainia and we like to leave early when we go to the beach thanx if u answer this plus ppl who say negative things to be a drama queens or miserable ppl until they find out them selves

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flyers55
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This place was such a dump! Don't go by the pictures cause that is what I went by. Not clean! Had to clean with a bottle of lysol wipes before would even sit down on a chair. Tile floors nice but slimmy. Floors swept everyday but never mopped. Dead fly in 2 rooms were there the from when we arrived to when we left. 1 AC for 2 rooms & was not a strong AC so you sweat in the other room. Ceiling fan in non AC room but no way to turn it on. Electric is fire hazard & plumbing is very old. Bathroom was so dirty with hair, smells and dirty shower curtain. Beds were not changed daily since had a stained top sheet everyday. Management was rude, that was when she actually spoke to you but rest of staff was nice. Management always watching you like you are doing something wrong and makes you feel uncomfortable. Pool when I was there was cold (suppose to be heated) and cloudy even when it was first thing in the morning, but it was cleaned everyday. If management try's to defend this don't believe it since she works there I had to live there for a week! I looked at several other motels when I was there that week and some around the same price were so much cleaner and in good location.. Will never go back to this dump again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kvank2
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was our first and last time visiting. As far as Wildwood motels go, it was probably one of the better ones. BUT, I was terribly disappointed. After driving 7 hours to get there we were allowed to inspect the room, but felt "stuck" because there wasn't availability at other motels. I was, to say the least, disappointed. The room does have tile flooring, which makes sense given the proximity to the beach, but I would suggest a vacuum, not a broom to clean it. We wore flip flops in the room & put a towel down on the floor of the shower, like "in" the shower. There was hair all over the floor when we got there, especially in the corners and near the walls. There was a giant, bloody booger on the bathroom wall-Gross. How could they miss that? Walls were painted, but it looks like a child did it. That sounds petty, but when you are paying nearly $200.00 per night, I expect much better. Pool was cleaned daily, which was reassuring. The rooms were very damp and the floor got wet, probably from the air conditioning, which made them seem even dirtier. The pull out bed was one of the worst ever - VERY uncomfortable. The grounds were kept very clean - no garbage, cigarette butts etc. I was just hoping and expecting more. I would suggest staying in Cape May and driving in to Wildwood for all the crazy, carnival activities. All of the families with kids staying did seem to have a wonderful time, but smoking outside the room on the crummy lawn chair provided just doesn't suit me. There seemed to be one "type" there - super laid-back, carnies. After a day at the beach, I like to relax in my comfortable hotel room and was just not able to do this. I was a skeeved out. I am sick to think about how much we spent at this motel. We travel quite frequently and usually stay in hotels that are in this price range. This was the worst place we have ever stayed, EVER. Staff was very friendly. Oh, and this was the first time I ever checked into a hotel and then went directly to the drug store to buy Lysol.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank cleanjean60974
Chichester PA
Reviewed 26 June 2012

In regards to the review by ChaplinFan.... please note that the Chichester Cheetahs, a GIRLS soccer team, were not the only team in the hotel that weekend. Further, the huge flag is a soccer flag, and has been proudly flying at the Caprice for the past four years. I'm wondering if you happened to drive around Wildwood and notice that the Caprice is not the only motel with signs in the windows stating who's room it is. Perhaps ChaplinFan needs to do more research on what weekend they chose to come to Wildwood, and avoid Beach Blast...where over 960 teams descend on the beachs for one of the largest beach soccer tournaments in the world. THANK YOU Caprice, Wildwood & Cape Express Soccer for hosting one of the most family friendly soccer experiences on the east coast!!!!! The Caprice is a great family friendly hotel, and the Cheetahs are proud to stay there! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ChichesterCheetahFan
, General Manager at Caprice Motel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
thank you for your positive feed back on the caprice moteland the staff here . we do out best to accomadate everyone who visits . we do allow our conventions and large groups to display whatever need be , iam sorry that others were offended . we will see your wonderful kids with there familys next year to compete this time next year i do ant to see and hold the tropy >
thanks again