“great location”
Review of Caprice Motel

Caprice Motel
Ranked #62 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The Caprice Motel was ok. The room was very clean and the staff seemed friendly. The towels are very small and like sand paper. Bring your own bath towels. I wouldn't mind staying here again, however, Wildwood has so many nice motels that I might try some place new. If you are the type of person that prefers the finer things in life you probably won't be happy here and you'd be better off renting a condo. I am a flexible person and have stayed in both showy places on vacations and in more down to earth places like the Caprice. The location is great being half a block from the boardwalk and beach. Keep in mind that this section of beach is one of the longest/widest parts of the Wildwood beach so be prepared to walk to get down to the water.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 July 2009

I have never stayed in a dirtier motel. My bug bites have bug bites. The manager was rude and stared at us, followed us around and I noticed things "moved" around in our room. My adviice...drive right past this terrible motel, and save yourself some grief.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank rusty519
Reviewed 6 May 2009

We made a couple trips to the Caprice last summer.Once was a spur of the moument...and Caprice still acommadated us..we had 3 adults and 5 children. The room are just what we were looking for. A place to sleep and shower. Bring your own food, BBQ, You got it made in the shade. I've already booked my rooms there for this year...and you should to. The staff is GREAT..FRIENDLY..AND RESPECTFULL TO THE CUSTOMERS.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2009

if you feel like paying to much for a no frills motel this is the place. i use to stay here when they had a special for bike week ($325.00 for three days,two years ago) now they just rip you off. Now it's $580.00 fore three days. Funny how its cheaper to stay there for labor day weekend and fireman's convention weekend then it is for bikeweek. bad deal they should be ashamed of themselves. and there covered parking area leaks bad, my bike had water mixed with concrete on it after a rainy night. biker,s beware

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roady691
Reviewed 16 October 2008

We stayed here July 20 -25, 2008, and had a "C" unit on the second floor. The room was clean, with a decent A/C unit which our girls loved. The fridge was a 14 cu ft model, which was more than we expected and let us keep our groceries and a supply of water ready to go.

The location to the boardwalk was great (only a short block) with a Rite-Aid right around the corner for late night "supplies..." The pool was nice, and well used by us.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and even let me into the laundry room early so I could get a jump-start on the day! The place was relatively quiet (no loud partying that we heard from other guests) which was appreciated.

I was very happy with the facilities in general, and look forward to booking next year's vacation there as well!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank DJZacBarr
Reviewed 25 August 2008

When I got to Wildwood N.J. I was excited to find a motel with an opening for my family to stay for the night. That was the Caprice Motel. At first I thought a got a good deal. But when I arived home to Pa I checked their rates on their website, they charged me over $100.00 dollars more then their rates on their website. sooooo I would watchout for this place they are a rip off. I'd go somewhere else. I did call to let them know that I felt ripped off. The lady told me we'll that's why you don't come on the weekend you come during the week. I've been coming to Wildwood N.J. for years and I never got this ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank jbfiles
Reviewed 22 July 2008

We (family with 2 kids) stayed at the Caprice for one week, in a 'D' efficiency unit. This was our first stay in Wildwood. The room was very clean and exactly as advertised. Very friendly staff. Excellent location, one block from boardwalk and beach, at the southern end of the boardwalk (close to the convention center). Bike rentals one block away, 5-minute drive to grocery store, adjacent to drug store with food mart. Large pool with kiddie section. Barbecue, guest laundry, overall very convenient.

Reading previous reviews, I understand that some people could be disappointed with the Caprice. This is not a luxury hotel. The streets tend to be noisy with delivery trucks early in the morning. The fridge is small and the towels are thin. The air conditioner was noisy. I would not recommend this hotel for, say, a honeymoon. But for a family of four, it is absolutely great.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pierreCA22