“Filthy hotel in great location.”
Review of Quarterdeck Motel

Quarterdeck Motel
Ranked #62 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Ft. Myers, FL
“Filthy hotel in great location.”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Because of the great location I set the bar pretty low. So despite some troubling reviews I booked this hotel anyway. I've stayed at some very nice hotels and some very average ones. All I ask under some circumstances is that hey are clean. This one was not. From some unidentifiable crude under the bed to stains on the bathroom ceiling this room was filthy. Oh, and no blankets in the room - they expect you to use the spread on the bed - no thanks. Also, there were no plates on the electric outlets and sand on the floor. The sand is hard to avoid - but not at checkin; another indication that the cleaning staff is not doing an adequate job.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank shueswim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vernon, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My daughter went here for her "after prom" shore trip. When she checked into the room, she saw the A/C unit had a crack and that it had been zip tied as repair. She didn't think she would have to tell the hotel about it, but that was a mistake. They took $60 from her upon check out. She protested, but they insisted the damage was her fault. When I called to complain, I said, look, the kids could not have zip tied anything, it was obviously a repair made by your staff, and they said, there was no zip tie. Now, I'm looking at a picture of it on my daughter's cell phone. I'm disgusted that they make so much money off of the 'after prom' weekend from our kids and they prey on them. If you let your teens book into this place, take plenty of pics of the place upon check-in, and make sure they know to report it to the hotel, and don't trust the hotel to be honest about it. What a racket! I'll never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank JEMorrison

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Absolutely best location in wildwood, rooms are Decent nothing fancy, as long my room is clean and I'm right there close to the broad walk, ocean and of course donkey donuts. We really enjoy whit my family, I would recommend this place.
Thank you for the service Quarterdeck

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Boricua007
Carmel, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed there for years. Last week, we had 2 deaths in our family. The hotel was not understanding, not sympatheitc in any way and would not work with us to change our stay by a few days. Finally said we could extend our stay and then they gave away our room to another guest becuase they said they overbooked. Then tried charging us for 2 extra nights due to it being a holiday weekend even though they couldnt accomodate us for those nights. So we stayed somewhere else and tried to get our deposit back. Fought with management and was about to get our deposit back until that managers manager, Mary, came out yelling at us and her staff, and would not give us a refund. She was the rudest person i have ever met. Yelling, wouldnt listem to anyone, and would walk in and out of the room during the conversation. Finally left and then would not come b ack out to resolve the situation. If you have an issue with your stay they will not accomodate you. Horrible customer service. They wouldnt give me any information to contact upper management to complain. Location and ammenities are good, but there are plenty of other hotels in wildwood that are nice, customer service oriented and accomodating in personal matters. Dont waste your money here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Valerie D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I spent a couple of nights here and it was ok. Better than I had expected after reading some of the reviews. It's not the greatest places I've ever stayed in Wildwood, but it's also not the worst. I normally stay more north but this motel was in a nice spot. It is a little dated but that's part of the charm. My room was clean. I had enough towels. The staff was friendly to us. You take it for what it is. Who really spends a lot of time in the room anyway? I would stay there again especially if the rates do not change (Go up). Oh and the hottub was very relaxing. But like I said, it's a great location. One block from the boardwalk and right where all the fun is.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MathewsPerri
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed here previously for the past two years. Late July 2012, I decided to go to another motel. That was mistake number one. The place I booked was a horror, we had to leave and found that the Quarterdeck had a room for my family. We were received by the same young man that the previous year tended to us. He was very polite and helpful. We had a pleasant stay as our previous two years. I do not have anything bad to say. I will be returning next year. Take a bow Quarterdeck Motel, you guys are great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Johnny N
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Three of my friends and I stayed at the Quarterdeck and we absolutely loved it! The location of this hotel is PERFECT, only about a block away from the boardwalk and located right in the middle. The staff was friendly, the pool and room were clean, it was very quiet, and once again the location is perfect! I felt like the price was very fair, especially for a hotel so close to the boardwalk. The only minor complaint I have is that the pool closed at 7:00 p.m., but it was no big deal. I definitely plan to stay at the Quarterdeck for any future vacations I take to Wildwood!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends