“Not the best”
Review of Diplomat Suites

Diplomat Suites
Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed at this motel in the peak season of July. The day staff is friendly, but the guy that works at night is completely useless. Will not answe any questions or offer any help. The room smelled bad, even the sheets smelled moldy. The location is good, about a block and a half from the beach but I don't think I could have spent another night there. Housekeeping comes in even when you leave the do not disturb sign and if you park next to the motel, stuff crumbles off and lands on your hood of the car. At the price we paid (900$ for 4 nights) I think we should have gotten better. Worst place I ever stayed at. Never again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank sinvids

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Went in 7/24/12 to inquire about purchasing a condo.
Greeting from front desk personell was less than professional.
The dark haired lady was obnoxious and impolite.
Needless to say, I will take my business elsewhere.
Management should take note of who they hire, as they are representing
their business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank genieb0413
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I do not recommend this motel to anyone. The pictures of the room look ok but it is old and dirty. The lobby is smelly like old dirty carpet. I was suppose to stay for three nights but could not it was so horrible. Although the motel was not to my standards, the people at the front desk were fairly nice. Just a warning find somewhere else to spend your money!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank K M
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Reserved a one night stay here. Received a call days later, right before leaving for the stay saying only a more expensive room was available. Instead of upgrading us and dealing with thier mistake, they demanded more money. It took multiple calls after being hung up on repeatedly to have someone agree to refund my card. Needless to say I will be reporting thier merchant numbers, filing a complain with BBB etc. If anyone has a similar issue, I suggest you treat it as the scam that is is, and thus treat the situation as attempted credit card fraud. That's the path I intend to follow. There are plenty of other nice places on the island, no need to deal with this bull.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Brian_MDBalt
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stay with my son for a few days. The room was clean, pool was clean, close to the beach and the boardwalk. Thought the price was average. They let us check in early so I was able to take him to the beach right away. Had a small problem with ants in the kitchen, but it wasn't a ton of them n they were very understanding about the problem. It wasnt a bad place at all. Typical wildwood hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 22 June 2012

i just wanna start by saying i love this hotel. its location is perfect to everything. All the rooms are different so some are older looking then others, but we've never had a problem with anything. We've been staying here for at least 6 years, and it has never failed us. Everyone is so friendly to us, and the pool is fun to swim in. yes it slants but who cares, its a pool you're meant to swim not stand. yes the front desk ladies leave the office at a certain time but thats almost like in any hotel. The hotel is nice and quiet compared to the royal canadian right across the street. this hotel is good for families with little ones. i love this hotel and i will be back for years to come. and never believe everything people say.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My family and I went to Wildwood in 2007. We chose this motel from Internet. Worst place ever!! When we arrived (after a 11 hours long travel), my mom just break down and cry after seeing this place. There was yellow-odorant carpet everywhere, the walls was all dirt and black, the beds seems so hard, the toilet seems to be used for years - or decades!, the water was rusty or dark and our front door didn't close correctly. Plus, in the web site, it tells us that our room was 3 beds but it was 2 and a bed couch. The staff seems to be angry and mad all the time, there's no service at the front desk past 5 p.m. I beg you to NOT go at this motel. Bad choice for good vacancy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family