“Soo Nice”

Diplomat Suites
Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Soo Nice”
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the suite Was Soo nice stayed at the Diplomat about 5 times now Worth the Money...Really the Suite Was very roomy had 2 balconies enough closet space all the untensil's..front staff is always friendly house keeping is on point...

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank sugarjaylah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Booked a family getaway for a few days in Aug 2012. We were four families looking to enjoy a few days on the beach. strike one started when all 4 rooms were not ready upon arrival,the nasty old hags at the front desk assured us they'd call us when the rooms were ready. At 6 pm we called they responded oh yes they have been ready. Ok so we get there all four families can't be together only three rooms next to each other. Ok fine they give my family the keys to a third floor unit and we walked in on a family having dinner. We apologized and I went down to tell the nasty women what happened, they seemed unfazed and said oh here ya go and handed me another key. This time this key didn't work. O I walk back down three flights of stairs, while my baby is crying, hot , starving....I tell the women im beginning to ake it personally, they again don't even apologize and say oh we had to change the locks on that unit I forgot and hand me a new set of keys. We walk inane my toddler now has to use the bathroom. There was pubic hair on the toilet seat, yuck. The rug smelled of mildew and the bedspreads looked like they'd seen lots of action. I was appalled , we asked to see another room and they showed us another dump. We ran away traumatized. We checked out got our money back. Hours later our friends joined us in AC. They had a hermit crab in their room , someone had left there it had a painted shell. So you could tell they don't clean often or well. The main problem here is those nasty old hags at the front desk. Get off your behinds and do your job. Your charging an arm and a leg for rooms with 1960 devour and tvs with rabbit ear antenna get with the program .

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Martina I

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Was nervous after reading some reviews...Stayed with my brother and his family in the suite in August 2012. It had everything they advertised. The place was spacious and clean. Front desk polite. Pool was awesome and so was the view from our balcony. It was of the ferris wheel on the boardwalk. I would stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisabellettiereberna
Reviewed 23 August 2012

When I called to check prices the woman was very nice. The pictures of the rooms looked nice. The prices were reasonable. I was told that we would have a private balcony and was lead to believe that our room, for 5 people, was spacious. According to the pictures, they looked spacious also. Well, we arrived on a Friday. The people at the front desk were friendly enough. When we got to our room I was very surprised at what I walked into. It was so small. Not at all what I was expecting. The "private balcony" was a small porch like thing that was connected to everyone else's "balconies" and the tiles were broken up and laying around. There was nothing private about it. Once we were there a little longer I realized that the shower head pulled out of the wall. The paint was peeling off the tub and there was black mold in the corners of the tub on the floor. The carpet was so dirty and stained. We literally would get out of the shower and walk about 5 trips across the carpet and our feet would be black. The smoke detector was hanging out of the ceiling. The lamp in the living room and one in the bedroom didn't work. The bulbs were blown. When we asked for new bulbs they told us that they do not have a single bulb in the entire hotel that they could give us because they are totally out. The couch that was a pull out bed was terrible. The mattress was shot. It had holes in it and the springs were popping out the bottom. There was a tv in the living room and bedroom. They were 19" tvs. The remotes didn't work for them either. They didn't have an outside shower. They had a hose. Better than nothing but it wasn't nicely located. The website itself is better looking than the whole hotel. The maid service were super friendly though. The location to the beach and boardwalk was good but I still wouldn't go back there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank stahl78
Jersey Shore
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Spent a second summer trip with my cousin, back at The Diplomat. First of all, this is not a five star hotel. It's a reasonably priced place to stay during the busiest season, close to everything on the Wildwood Boardwalk. I believe it's a condo resort, so the rooms are individually owned. And that means each room is decorated and furnished differently. We book it as a place to sleep, shower and eat between our swimming and sightseeing. The pool is nice, the staff is helpful, and it's close, as I've said. Our room tis year could have used better lighting in the living room, and an upgrade on the light and exhaust fan in the bathroom. Other than that, we'll probably go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JerseyBeachMom
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel was NOT AT ALL what they show on their website. From the website and photos, you would think you were staying in an upscale, up-to-date hotel. NOT AT ALL TRUE! The pictures we saw on the site was not the room we got. Our room had a ripped couch, a ripped balcony screen door with a broken lock. On the website they show you a modern updated kitchen and bathroom. NOT TRUE! Our kitchen was old and so was the bathroom. The bathtub had paint chipping off it and there was old ugly wallpaper on the walls. The kitchen was dirty when we got there. There was an old sponge with rice on it, and we had to throw it away. My 2 year old found candy on the floor! Disgusting! There was an opened paint can in the cabinet under the sink. Horrible! The website shows tiled floor throughout. NOPE! There was carpet in the living room and bedroom. It was so dirty that if you walked on it barefoot your feet turned black! I was so upset and disappointed by this hotel. Some of the cleaning staff was rude too. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!! Their website completely lies to you!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lisita75
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Lighten up folks. This is a perfectly acceptable beach place. Clean rooms, 5 minutes to the beach, friendly and helpful staff. The Ritz, it ain't but...c'mon its Wildwood. Would stay here again in a heartbeat....Remember, tho, the rooms are individually owned and every one's different and kept up differently. Ours was GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: Just ask what you're getting when you book.