“Would be a great vacation spot if...”
Review of Diplomat Suites

Diplomat Suites
Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The front desk were more experienced in Customer Service. I believe the old hags that work at the front, do not know one thing about treating people in a way to make them want to come back to this location. If it were my hotel/beach club/suites, I would make sure that my staff were friendly, courteous, and easy to talk to.

This is our second year staying at this hotel and I love it. But the staff make it more of a bad experience. Since it is just my fiance and I, we always get the Type A suite, which is wonderful. It comes with a kitchenette, full bathroom, blow dyer, big TV with dvd player, toaster, fridge, microwave, stove and other small things. The first room that we had was nice, clean, and large. Now the room that we had for this current visit is still large, but blemishes in the bathroom. No mold but rust around the bathtub and sink. One thing about me is, I HATE MOLD AND RUST STAINS.

In all, I would have gave it a five star rating but I took two points off for the bathroom and the front desk staff. Otherwise, everything was excellent. We also met some cool people here.

Ijanei

Room Tip: Type A is bigger than Type B. Go figure. Type B room seems to cramped.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ijanei

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Diplomat for two nights in July 2013. When we first arrived, the room was not very clean. The bedspreads looked old and dated and when we sat down on the beds, one was very hard and the other felt like you were sinking into quicksand. When I needed to use the blow dryer, we looked around and were not able to find one. My mom went to the front desk to ask them for another one and they told her it had probably been stolen from the room. They did not offer to get a replacement. When my mom asked them to get her a replacement, the women at the front desk told her they didn't have a key to the storage closet. My mom noticed a little sign that they have at the front desk that says something like "please ask us how we can make your stay better." Well, we asked...but our stay was not to our liking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have been going to this hotel for the last 3 years with my son and now with a little friend of his. The rooms are just what you would expect in a Lotel, that is the nickname that my son gave to all hotels that are not 4 star hotels. The hotel is frequently used by many people during the season and the staff and management do there best to keep up with the maintenance of the building. It is really a nice place and very close to the boardwalk. It has it's own pool and places where you can barbecue your own food. The rooms have small kitchens where you can make breakfast. The beds are standard and the pull out sofa is what you expect in a pull out.

Room Tip: The higher floors of the hotel seems to be the quieter but the one elevator is always in use.
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the suite Was Soo nice stayed at the Diplomat about 5 times now Worth the Money...Really the Suite Was very roomy had 2 balconies enough closet space all the untensil's..front staff is always friendly house keeping is on point...

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank sugarjaylah
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Booked a family getaway for a few days in Aug 2012. We were four families looking to enjoy a few days on the beach. strike one started when all 4 rooms were not ready upon arrival,the nasty old hags at the front desk assured us they'd call us when the rooms were ready. At 6 pm we called they responded oh yes they have been ready. Ok so we get there all four families can't be together only three rooms next to each other. Ok fine they give my family the keys to a third floor unit and we walked in on a family having dinner. We apologized and I went down to tell the nasty women what happened, they seemed unfazed and said oh here ya go and handed me another key. This time this key didn't work. O I walk back down three flights of stairs, while my baby is crying, hot , starving....I tell the women im beginning to ake it personally, they again don't even apologize and say oh we had to change the locks on that unit I forgot and hand me a new set of keys. We walk inane my toddler now has to use the bathroom. There was pubic hair on the toilet seat, yuck. The rug smelled of mildew and the bedspreads looked like they'd seen lots of action. I was appalled , we asked to see another room and they showed us another dump. We ran away traumatized. We checked out got our money back. Hours later our friends joined us in AC. They had a hermit crab in their room , someone had left there it had a painted shell. So you could tell they don't clean often or well. The main problem here is those nasty old hags at the front desk. Get off your behinds and do your job. Your charging an arm and a leg for rooms with 1960 devour and tvs with rabbit ear antenna get with the program .

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Martina I
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Was nervous after reading some reviews...Stayed with my brother and his family in the suite in August 2012. It had everything they advertised. The place was spacious and clean. Front desk polite. Pool was awesome and so was the view from our balcony. It was of the ferris wheel on the boardwalk. I would stay again!

1  Thank Lisabellettiereberna
Reviewed 23 August 2012

When I called to check prices the woman was very nice. The pictures of the rooms looked nice. The prices were reasonable. I was told that we would have a private balcony and was lead to believe that our room, for 5 people, was spacious. According to the pictures, they looked spacious also. Well, we arrived on a Friday. The people at the front desk were friendly enough. When we got to our room I was very surprised at what I walked into. It was so small. Not at all what I was expecting. The "private balcony" was a small porch like thing that was connected to everyone else's "balconies" and the tiles were broken up and laying around. There was nothing private about it. Once we were there a little longer I realized that the shower head pulled out of the wall. The paint was peeling off the tub and there was black mold in the corners of the tub on the floor. The carpet was so dirty and stained. We literally would get out of the shower and walk about 5 trips across the carpet and our feet would be black. The smoke detector was hanging out of the ceiling. The lamp in the living room and one in the bedroom didn't work. The bulbs were blown. When we asked for new bulbs they told us that they do not have a single bulb in the entire hotel that they could give us because they are totally out. The couch that was a pull out bed was terrible. The mattress was shot. It had holes in it and the springs were popping out the bottom. There was a tv in the living room and bedroom. They were 19" tvs. The remotes didn't work for them either. They didn't have an outside shower. They had a hose. Better than nothing but it wasn't nicely located. The website itself is better looking than the whole hotel. The maid service were super friendly though. The location to the beach and boardwalk was good but I still wouldn't go back there again.

6  Thank stahl78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Bolero Resort
Riviera Resort & Suites
Riviera Resort & Suites
#8 of 75 in Wildwood
The StarLux Hotel & Suites

Been to Diplomat Suites? Share your experiences!