“Super close to boardwalk fun!!”
Review of Diplomat Suites

and 1 more site!
Diplomat Suites
Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Super close to boardwalk fun!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place was very nice. Great pool with sun over it all day which is important since most of the hotel pools are located on the side of the building which causes shading. The pool was large and in a great place! Only downside to this hotel was that the only ac in the room was located in the bedroom. Sooo the bedroom was freezing while the living room and kitchen were like a sauna! But for the price and location which was like a block from the boards I would def stay again:)

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Cortnmatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have been coming to The Diplomat for two years and enjoyed our stays. We agree with other reviewers in that it is a condo complex, so your experience is largely based on the condo you receive. If the owner of your unit cares, the units are updated and provide some nice decor and comfortable furniture. If the owner of the unit is just in it for the money, the unit is less than ideal.

My suggestion is to find a unit you like and stick with it. We were fortunate to find a nice, comfortable efficiency unit last summer, booked early, and had it again this summer. However, we did hear by the pool from some other Diplomat guests who had stayed in previous years that their unit this summer was horrendous compared to others they had in the past.

Therefore, this hotel is largely dependent on the unit you receive. However, the location is great (2.5 blocks from the beach/boardwalk and close to many bars and nightlife) and if you're willing to take a gamble, you may just get something you like.

Room Tip: Find a room that you like and request it year after year.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank livingandlovingnj
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in August, with our family and you basically get what you pay for. The price was excellent, the pool and grill areas were extremely clean and well maintained, but the rooms on our floor are in desperate need of updating. The 2 double beds were very comfortable, but the carpet and fixtures were broken and in need of replacement. The sliding screen door on the balcony wasn't even attached and the window in the living room had screens that pushed in. The living room had a comfortable couch, but the pull out bed was completely unusable and luckily we called one of our family coming late to bring an air mattress. The living room tv didn't have a working remote and only had a few channels so it was a bust for the kids and it was very hot as you couldn't open the window for airflow. Since most of our time was spent at the beach, boardwalk or pool the motel unit was functional. The cleaning people were helpful and hardworking, but one or two of the front desk staff could you a class in customer service skills as they clearly have none. Overall, if you aren't planning on spending much time in your room, then this works great (just ask to see the room first, if you have one like ours, try to get another room as certainly do have nicer units).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Diplomat is clearly not worth the money charged. We were first given a room the had a hole in the bathroom wall. When we complained we were moved to a room that was dirty. The AC unit did not work. When we complained we were told that they would replace the unit. They later said there was nothing they could do. The hags in the lobby were downright nasty. Finally the next day maintenance did show up to replace the unit. I later noticed they had to replace the AC units in several other Condos.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank labo123

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

bklyn
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The front desk were more experienced in Customer Service. I believe the old hags that work at the front, do not know one thing about treating people in a way to make them want to come back to this location. If it were my hotel/beach club/suites, I would make sure that my staff were friendly, courteous, and easy to talk to.

This is our second year staying at this hotel and I love it. But the staff make it more of a bad experience. Since it is just my fiance and I, we always get the Type A suite, which is wonderful. It comes with a kitchenette, full bathroom, blow dyer, big TV with dvd player, toaster, fridge, microwave, stove and other small things. The first room that we had was nice, clean, and large. Now the room that we had for this current visit is still large, but blemishes in the bathroom. No mold but rust around the bathtub and sink. One thing about me is, I HATE MOLD AND RUST STAINS.

In all, I would have gave it a five star rating but I took two points off for the bathroom and the front desk staff. Otherwise, everything was excellent. We also met some cool people here.

Ijanei

Room Tip: Type A is bigger than Type B. Go figure. Type B room seems to cramped.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ijanei
Shanghai
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Diplomat for two nights in July 2013. When we first arrived, the room was not very clean. The bedspreads looked old and dated and when we sat down on the beds, one was very hard and the other felt like you were sinking into quicksand. When I needed to use the blow dryer, we looked around and were not able to find one. My mom went to the front desk to ask them for another one and they told her it had probably been stolen from the room. They did not offer to get a replacement. When my mom asked them to get her a replacement, the women at the front desk told her they didn't have a key to the storage closet. My mom noticed a little sign that they have at the front desk that says something like "please ask us how we can make your stay better." Well, we asked...but our stay was not to our liking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have been going to this hotel for the last 3 years with my son and now with a little friend of his. The rooms are just what you would expect in a Lotel, that is the nickname that my son gave to all hotels that are not 4 star hotels. The hotel is frequently used by many people during the season and the staff and management do there best to keep up with the maintenance of the building. It is really a nice place and very close to the boardwalk. It has it's own pool and places where you can barbecue your own food. The rooms have small kitchens where you can make breakfast. The beds are standard and the pull out sofa is what you expect in a pull out.

Room Tip: The higher floors of the hotel seems to be the quieter but the one elevator is always in use.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family