“Love this condo!”
Review of Diplomat Suites

Diplomat Suites
Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When the door opened....Wow. New beautiful porcelain floors throughout the condo.We unpacked, stocked the frig and headed for the pool.We put a nice piece of salmon and potatoes on the grill and enjoyed the rest of our sunny day on the pool deck. One great thing about this place is that once your car is parked, you can walk to everything! We had a great stay on our week vacation. Looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: All condos are privately owned so be specific with your room choice.We are happy with #518.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chloe Q
There are newer reviews for Diplomat Suites

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Horrible service, manager on site entertaining her family and friends at the pool site. Discussing what time they are leaving for AC. Right after that is when guess have an attack. I will searching for the owner and making sure this manager get's fired. I asked for an iron and was told if unit have none check with other guess to see if I could borrow one, because they don't know what might might. Only one plugger on site with more than 50 units. Please go some where else. Don't go thru what I did. The policy is no refunds and you must sleep with ants. I will not stop posting about this place until something is done

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Tiesha G
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked this hotel for Beach Blast. When I made the reservation months in advance, I commented on how the beautiful the rooms were, and was told that they were recently redone. Our room was not even close to the rooms pictured on the website! The carpet was dirty, the room smelled moldy, and clearly hadn't been re-done in many, mant years. My girls wore their sandals in the shower, by their own choice. We did ask to be moved and was told "no" because the hotel was "booked" but odd how the vacancy sign showed available through most of our stay!
While the location was great we will never stay here again. I am not sure if the rooms shown on the web site even exist.

Room Tip: Not to stay here....rooms are gross
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TAD1021
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I came here with my family.let me say first of all the room is the size of a closet.the carpet looks like it never has been clean. The appliances are from the dawn of time and barely work. The fridge had all stains inside and out.the cleaning crew is atrocious they smoke outside your room while working and right against all the new linens...I'm sorry but I don't want to smell cigarette smoke all over my linens and towels. The pool is beautiful so the only good thing about this place.but all they do pay music from legitimately 1930's.also there is only one ac unit in the bedroom so it's frigid cold in room and everywhere else is hot.The worst part is not all rooms are created equally and some rooms in this facility are up to date and nice....but all the same price...wish I had a choice.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank honeykake
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This condo is in the perfect location for the beach,boardwalk and nightlife. Our room was updated and cozy.The beds were comfortable and the decor was Caribbean breeze white wicker.The view from our balcony allowed us to view the Friday night fireworks,the ocean, boardwalk and the pool. We love knowing that there are grills at the pool which are always available. We've been coming here over 6 years, and we really love this place. We are already booked for next year.We know that each unit is privately owned,so we keep requesting the same room,which we have been very lucky to get. I hope the owners see this review and continue to surprise us with new comforts.

Room Tip: Try to book room 518. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank chloe0718
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Booked last minute for a very nice weekend in October. Room was big, clean and a great balcony view. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Pool was crystal clear and my son loved it, even though it was a little chilly. Great for families.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank worldlytraveler21
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked this property for our annual shore trip with friends. We were able to get a single room suite for the two of us, while our friends opted for two rooms since they had their little one with them. The property accommodated our request to have rooms next to each other. Booking was painless using their online system.
We arrived early and found ample parking. Check-in was a breeze and we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room was ready early. They had luggage carts and an elevator, a nice touch for a shore property.
Our room was spacious and had more amenities than your typical motel room, but was disappointing. The door was difficult to unlock. To the left of the door was an old, stained fold out couch. I did not want to sit on it, so we just used it for storage. To the left of the couch was the double-bed which was against the wall so you lost a point of access. Above the bed was a wall unit air conditioner. It wasn't as loud as I thought it would be, but it freaked me out a little to have an air conditioner right above my head. In front of the bed was a dresser with a small tube tv. Across the room was a kitchenette with a full size fridge, cabinets with plates, utensils, and cookware, a microwave, toaster, sink, and electric stove. With the exception of the fridge, everything looked old, so I was hesitant to use it. There were paint cans stored in the same cabinet as some cookware, a huge no-no. Speaking of paint, there was paint peeling from the ceiling.
There was a small closet on the room, but was being used to store extra chairs and other room furnishings, so it was of limited use for clothes storage. There was a full bathroom with a toilet that never seemed to lush properly and a bathtub with peeling paint that took FOREVER to drain.
Our room was outdated and seemed to have been neglected by the owner. Our friends next door had a completely updated room with two HDtvs, a new couch, and a more modern bathroom and kitchenette.
The front desk staff were courteous and friendly. The crew that maintained the property and cleaned the common areas were actually the nicest and the hardest working. Our housekeepers were not as friendly or hardworking. They took frequent cigarette breaks, leaving their smell in your room the were supposed to be cleaning, and were often on their phones. The tried to rush us out of our room one morning to clean, and seemed annoyed when we told them we wouldn't be out of the room for up to an hour. The employees at this property should be required to wear some kind of uniform as you had no idea who they were unless you saw them working.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends