Oceanic Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Blue Palms(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$52
Aquarius Motor Inn(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$112
US$86
US$97
US$99
Skylark Resort Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelocity
The Sand Box Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
Le Voyageur Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
Sea-N-Sun Resort Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetnext yearhotel roompool and hot tubtikifredboardwalkconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had a great time at the Oceanic the staff was great from the housekeeping to the bartender at the swim up tiki bar to all the front desk help and the manager Bob was great my wife and I arrived at about 5:30 pm and got a call that our daughter and son in law and 6 month old grandaughter were coming from NC to surprise us so we asked Bob if we could get another room for them at such a late notice and if we could get them next to each other he said give me a minute to do some shuffling and within a few minutes we were set asked him if they could pay for the room when they got here and he said no problem most places would ask for a deposit but no such problem here that was a big help for us and our daughter . Then we got a call that they would not be arriving until around midnight so we told Bob this and he waited around to make sure they arrived safely and to say Hi that meant a lot to us . The pool was great the Jacuzzi was great Yes the room was a little outdated but it was very, very clean just as the rest of the hotel was . Cant beat the price either great price for location of hotel we were on the boardwalk and beach in 2 mins . Bob and the rest of the staff made you feel like family you were told every morning from somebody from the staff good morning and at night have a good night . So my wife and I will be staying there again I think we might go back sometime in August . Cant wait to return Dan and Lauren

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Check-in at the desk was a breeze except I was only given one key instead of two, reason given was that many keys "break" and need to be remade. The second key was given to me 2 hours later and was obviously worn and not new. Parking spots are not reserved. if someone takes a double spot or has a trailer, the unlucky guest will need to find park elsewhere.
The room needed a renovation. Electrical wiring running under the carpeting, kitchen faucet was coming apart, and the electrical stove - which we did not use - was filthy. no alarm clock on nightstand or any clock at all anywhere in the room. No coffee machine either. There was no phone if we needed to contact front desk and had to use own mobile phone on last day due to NO COLD WATER!! Water was scalding hot on both hot/cold in the shower, bathroom sink and kitchen faucets. Ran the water for 15 minutes but that did not help. Desk said Maintenance would show up later but I was checked out by 9am.
This shouldn't be called a hotel. It is not even a motel. It is a dilapidated rooming business whose coffee in the lobby I would not even think about drinking.
Could be worse so this review gets only a 2.

Room Tip: The location across from Convention Center is great but too far from the piers. try to get balcony room on higher floors away from bar and parking noise. If you can, avoid this establishment and get something with a restaurant and parking facilities on location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nemesees
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I just stayed at this hotel for the Memorial Day holiday and had a great time at this hotel. To start we were a large group of almost 30 people all families with kids and the hotel staff were very accommodating to our room requests. I personally have been traveling to wildwood for years and pretty much all hotels in this area have the same feel when it comes to the rooms. Many hotels were built years ago and the decor of the rooms have not been updated, but with that said the rooms at this hotel were very clean, very nice, everything in the kitchen worked, and it seems they maintain them since I did not see any sign of rust dues to the saltwater conditions all these hotels are subjected to due to their location. We arrived on Friday morning and were able to check in, parking was not an issue. The location of this hotel right across the street from the boardwalk is superb. The staff was extremely friendly and even arranged for dinner in a great Italian spot for Sunday night. The kids had a blast and noise was not an issue, there were some rowdy people on our floor who were kicked out as soon as other guests complained and we were appologized to by the morning staff. The pool was too cold to use but we were able to soak up some sun poolside and enjoy dome drinks from the bar. Overall I will definitely return to Oceanic on my next trip and even tried to book a room for our next visit. Most of us had booked room type C which is very spacious and nice. Once again, great job and will see you soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ramon R
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friends and I have been coming to the oceanic for almost two years now. We are treated like family by most of the staff, especially by the manager bob. He has been very accommodating and provided us with whatever we have needed. I would not recommend this place to bring your kids, as the hotel has a very active bar that is almost always filled with loud drunks. The rooms also need to be updated, but if you are looking for a hotel with a great location right across from the beach and a fair price, the oceanic is a good pick.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bsnyder22
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I go to Wildwood every year in the end of April/beginning of May. This is the 2nd year I have stayed at the Oceanic. We stayed in one of the cottages, and though there were a few issues since they weren't used during the winter, the staff was there every time to ensure the issues were taken care of - and QUICKLY. They went out of their way to ensure we were taken care of and the problems were fixed. Though a bit dated, it was VERY clean and I have never stayed at a "friendlier" hotel. The management was fantastic and very accommodating. I don't mind being the one to "work out the bugs" after being idle for the winter because in a situation like this...the staff made it a really fun time despite the minor inconveniences. Can not beat the location - directly across from the convention center, on the boardwalk and beach. Walking and biking distance to nearly everything.
I'll book again next year! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family